PDA

View Full Version : Friday Event: 4pm - Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea

Imalismom
05-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Please join Hammer and I for an afternoon seating of Tea and Scones.

We will post more details later, but we hope to make one group reservation for this event.

Hammer is currently talking with WDW now about how to do the group reservation, but if you would let us know if you are planning to attend, that will help us out with this initial planning.

Stay tuned for more information, and I look forward to having tea with you.

People who we know have said "yes" to the tea:

Hammer - 1
MinnieMommie - 2
Mouse Fever - 1

Total so far: 4

Hammer
05-05-2012, 10:52 AM
I've placed a call with the Garden View Tea Room to discuss planning our event and I am waiting for a call back. Please note, we will probably have to order off a set menu (sorry, no a la carte) based on my experience. Also, if anyone plans to attend and uses a wheelchair/ECV, let me know. There is a ramp into the Tea room, but only a few tables can accommodate a wheelchair and the table configuration is not conducive to wheeling a chair/ECV through it.

SBETigg
05-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Sounds lovely! Happy planning!

MinnieMommie
05-05-2012, 02:47 PM
I've placed a call with the Garden View Tea Room to discuss planning our event and I am waiting for a call back. Please note, we will probably have to order off a set menu (sorry, no a la carte) based on my experience. Also, if anyone plans to attend and uses a wheelchair/ECV, let me know. There is a ramp into the Tea room, but only a few tables can accommodate a wheelchair and the table configuration is not conducive to wheeling a chair/ECV through it.

Count me in Christine. I will be with at least 1 other but will give you my count as soon as I know. :thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
05-05-2012, 06:26 PM
I will be there. It was my favorite event at the ICOT 10th!

Kathy

Mousefever
05-06-2012, 01:09 AM
Sherri,

You are not allowed to psych me out by posting on this thread and getting my hopes up!

Count me in for the tea as well! It was a lovely way to spend an afternoon in '07!

Amy

SBETigg
05-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Sherri,

You are not allowed to psych me out by posting on this thread and getting my hopes up!

Count me in for the tea as well! It was a lovely way to spend an afternoon in '07!

Amy

Amy, sorry. I am just so hopeful to join you all! I'm not giving up yet, though I might end up booking late if I do make it, which might rule me out of some special get togethers.

Mousefever
05-09-2012, 04:42 AM
We'll just have to figure out how to sneak you in to various activities! I'm glad to hear that there is hope!

Amy

BriarRose0708
05-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Sherri,

Amy

I can't come to tea, but Sherri I do hope you make it! I would LOVE to meet you in person after following you so long on Intercot, and as a fan of your work! *crosses fingers for you*

Jared
05-09-2012, 09:32 AM
I can't come to tea, but Sherri I do hope you make it! I would LOVE to meet you in person after following you so long on Intercot, and as a fan of your work! *crosses fingers for you*
Seconded -- and like I said to you last week, you're more than welcome at Liberty Tree Tavern on Friday night or at 'Ohana with all of us Thursday -- or even better, both.

:)

Hammer
05-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Hey everyone, Let me know if you would still be interested in attending...

{edited to take out reference to a thread that is now closed :)...)

Imalismom
06-05-2012, 01:03 PM
I am going to start a who is going in the first post on this thread

MinnieMommie
06-06-2012, 07:45 AM
I still plan to this Saturday event with at least one other person. Look forward to confirmation of time and details. :mickey:

Hammer
06-06-2012, 10:47 AM
I am going to start a who is going in the first post on this thread

Gale, you missed Kathy (TikiGoddess) making the count 7.

Hammer
06-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Okay, so here is the latest-

Tea will be at either Friday at 4:00 or Saturday at 4:00. Let us know which date is you preference. Leaning towards Friday as to not conflict with Saturday events.

We will have a selection of 3 teas: Gardenview blend, Princess Breakfast and a 3rd choice which we can determine. I'll list the options here and tell me what sounds good to you.

We can have on tea option for the whole group or you can choose personal preference. Tell us what you think you will want. Choices have to be finalized 1 week prior to the event.

Hammer
06-06-2012, 05:20 PM
The Grand Floridian Tea Offerings

Green and White Teas
Silver Leaf
A white tea harvested from south of the Yangtze
River region. A very delicate flavor

Black Teas
Imperial English Breakfast
Elegant with a refined smooth sweetness.
A blend of Ceylon and China black teas.
~Decaf English Breakfast also available~

Russian Earl Grey
Inspired by the old tradition of shipping tea with lemon for flavor. Made from the rind of spicy Bergamot oranges to give the exotic blend of citrus.

Eros
Medium bodied Ceylon, Sweet Mandarin orange with warm vanilla for a sweet, smooth, and creamy finish

Thunderbolt Darjeeling
Thin-bodied light tea with a floral aroma. The tea holds a distinctive tannic characteristic and a musky spiciness. It is often referred to by tea connoisseurs as muscatel, a grape varietal found in sweeter wines

Herbal Infusion
Harmony
A mild and sweet tea that is blended with tranquil chamomile and orange blossoms, peppermint and allspice.

Chamomile
A tranquil and calming herbal infusion of sweet and fragrant golden chamomile blossoms combined with a smooth, apple-like finish.

Vanilla Rooibos
Rich and full-bodied with a creamy vanilla finish

Nobo Wholefruit
Full-bodied and rich in sweetness with an array of berries and apple, accompanied with hibiscus, rosehips, and corn flowers.

Hammer
06-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Traditional Afternoon Tea

Princess Kate Tea
A Spring tea served with a classic dish of potted shrimp followed by a medley of cheeses, an array of seasonal fruits, and cheddar cheese biscuits. A scone, jam tart, and a selection of delicate pastries is accompanied with a glass of Veuve Clicquot champagne and your choice of tea.
38.00 per Guest

The Grand Tea
The classic English tradition of Afternoon Tea
Grand Floridian-style. We offer you a variety of tea sandwiches, scone, and jam tart followed by your choice of our freshly baked tea pastries or English trifle. Served with a glass of Domain Ste-Michelle sparkling wine and your choice of tea.
29.00 per Guest
Iron Horse Cuvee $6.00

Prince Edwards Tea
A delicious array of assorted pâtés, and English Blue Stilton, the “King” of English cheeses, served with marinated fresh berries, and Cumberland sauce. We then offer our delicious freshly baked scones served with rich Devonshire cream.
Served with your choice of tea and a glass of our
Fonseca Bin 27 Character, Port.
24.50 per Guest
Cockburn 20 yr Tawny Port $2.00

Buckingham Tea
Our traditional tea sandwiches, scone, and jam tart Complemented by fresh strawberries and cream, or a selection of freshly baked pastries served with your choice of tea.
23.00 per Guest

MinnieMommie
06-06-2012, 08:35 PM
I can attend Saturday any time and Friday at no time. As far as selections it's all good so whatever ever one else wants.

Jared
06-06-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure of my exact plans yet, but I just want to stress how fun the tea was last time. I was sort of dragged against my will (if you're reading this, thanks, Cher), but it ended up being perhaps the best part of the whole weekend.

See you all in a few months!

TikiGoddess
06-07-2012, 08:11 PM
I can make either time, and have no real preference on tea etc. Whatever's good for everyone else!

Kathy

Mousefever
06-10-2012, 01:36 AM
So MNSSHP starts at 7pm on Friday, right? So it would make sense to me to have the tea on Friday so we can then head into MK. Am I thinking about this correctly?

I also want to clarify the time. It's at 4 pm not 2 pm?

Amy

MinnieMommie
06-10-2012, 07:11 AM
I know a few people who are considering the GF tea event but are planning to meet for dinner Friday before MNSSHP and will not attend on Friday but would be more likely to attend if it is on Saturday. If I am able to to get to WDW Friday instead of Saturday I have committed to meet with them for an early dinner before the Halloween party. I know the planning of all these events is complicated so just another piece to consider. :mickey:

Hammer
06-10-2012, 09:10 AM
I also want to clarify the time. It's at 4 pm not 2 pm?

Amy

Yes, it is at 4 PM, unless the Tea Room gives me any other problems :).

John's preference is for Friday, since the Norway meet is a 6 PM on Saturday and we want people to have time to go to that event (trust me, that event will be worth it!). So, this would be an alternative to Liberty Tree Tavern.

MinnieMommie
06-10-2012, 11:12 AM
John's preference is for Friday, since the Norway meet is a 6 PM on Saturday and we want people to have time to go to that event (trust me, that event will be worth it!). So, this would be an alternative to Liberty Tree Tavern.

That makes sense. It sounds like you will doing the tea on Friday in which case I'll have to pass until the next time you all do this. Have fun! :mickey:

Hammer
06-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Bumping up thread :bump: ...

Tea will be held at 4 PM on Friday. So far, I have a count of 5...
TikiGoddess (Kathy)
Mousefever (Amy)
Ibelieveindisneymagic (Heather) +1
Myself

Please post if you wish to join us. We can accommodate 7 more. I do not have to give a final list until a week before, as well as everyone's menu pick and the 3rd tea choice, so you can decide closer to the event (I'm talking to you Sherri).

SBETigg
06-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Please post if you wish to join us. We can accommodate 7 more. I do not have to give a final list until a week before, as well as everyone's menu pick and the 3rd tea choice, so you can decide closer to the event (I'm talking to you Sherri).

I'm listening! And I'm really touched by all the love. :D I'm working so hard on trying to make this happen. Almost had my husband convinced this weekend, and then my daughter's tuition bill came. Darn those college bills! But I am determined, so this is good to know.

Mousefever
06-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Quick! Everybody go buy 20 kabillion copies of Jane Slayre!!!!

Amy

SBETigg
06-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Amy, you are too sweet and I am getting closer to actually making it! Not confirmed, but feeling more certain. I don't want to miss the tea, and I'm headed to check out other threads to see if there's a printable events schedule yet. Excited!

Jared
06-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Amy, you are too sweet and I am getting closer to actually making it! Not confirmed, but feeling more certain. I don't want to miss the tea, and I'm headed to check out other threads to see if there's a printable events schedule yet. Excited!
As I said in another thread, Sherri, there's a seat at Liberty Tree Tavern with your name on it that Friday night.

AgentC
06-25-2012, 01:37 PM

Yay Sherri! I really hope to see you.

Hammer
06-25-2012, 01:42 PM
As I said in another thread, Sherri, there's a seat at Liberty Tree Tavern with your name on it that Friday night.

Hey now, Sherri can't be in 2 places at once :). The Tea and Liberty Tree Tavern run at the same time on Friday and the time of the Tea can't be moved (I had a hard enough time getting that time).

SBETigg
06-25-2012, 01:43 PM

Yay Sherri! I really hope to see you.

You all are the best! Thanks. I have actually never been to Liberty Tree Tavern. It's time I tried it. Oh, ack, just realized tea was the same time. Same time! I guess LTT will wait.

Jared
06-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Hey now, Sherri can't be in 2 places at once :). The Tea and Liberty Tree Tavern run at the same time on Friday and the time of the Tea can't be moved (I had a hard enough time getting that time).
Ha! Sorry, Christine, didn't mean to cannibalize your event! Didn't realize they were at the same time.

Everybody go to tea! It's a lot more fun than dinner with me and my cohorts, I promise.

Better? ;)

BriarRose0708
06-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Ha! Sorry, Christine, didn't mean to cannibalize your event! Didn't realize they were at the same time.

Everybody go to tea! It's a lot more fun than dinner with me and my cohorts, I promise.

Better? ;)

Hey!

Actually, I agree. I realllllly enjoyed my tea experience when I did it a few years ago.

Hammer
06-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Compromise- Sherri comes to Tea, then changes into costume for MNSSHP and meets you all as you finish at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Sherri, you are a very popular person :) !

SBETigg
06-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Compromise- Sherri comes to Tea, then changes into costume for MNSSHP and meets you all as you finish at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Sherri, you are a very popular person :) !

I had no idea, but it's very flattering. I could save time and skip the costume. :) I'm excited to meet everyone.

Mousefever
08-30-2012, 05:10 AM
I'm bumping this thread! At first, I couldn't find it, until I realized that my settings only went back two months. So, for anyone else who would have a problem finding the thread, now you won't have to work so hard. :)

Amy

Pally
08-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Is there still availability for 2 more?:mickey:

Hammer
09-02-2012, 12:43 AM
There most definitely is room for 2 more! Please look at the menu I posted earlier in this thread. I'll be asking for everyone's choices a week before the event.

Pally
09-02-2012, 02:50 PM
There most definitely is room for 2 more! Please look at the menu I posted earlier in this thread. I'll be asking for everyone's choices a week before the event.

Great, confirmed with my sister so we will be there. Pally-Paula and sister Lisa.:mickey:

Dsnygirl
09-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Definitely joining in on this one... I'm the only one in my family who's consistently wanted to to do this, so seeing as I'm traveling solo, this is my perfect chance!! :cloud9:

Now to just figure out how quickly I can down a Dole Whip, monorail it to the GF, enjoy my tea and still have room for dinner at LTT...:D

Imalismom
09-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Now to just figure out how quickly I can down a Dole Whip, monorail it to the GF, enjoy my tea and still have room for dinner at LTT...:D

The :thedolls: may trip you up a little

Dsnygirl
09-03-2012, 09:01 PM
The :thedolls: may trip you up a little

:D You can run, but you can't hide...

Hammer
09-25-2012, 01:43 PM
So, as we are at the 1 month mark, I'm bumping this up.

Tea will be held at 4 PM on Friday. So far, I have a count of 8...
TikiGoddess (Kathy)
Mousefever (Amy)
Ibelieveindisneymagic (Heather) +1
Sherri
Pally +1
Myself

Possibly my sister and Mom may join us, but I need to see if they'll work with me regarding my Mom's wheelchair. Last time we were there we had a very unhelpful CM, even though my Mom would have transferred out of her chair, she did not want the chair to be anywhere in the tea room.

Still have a couple of spots left...but I need to know by next Monday.

Hammer
10-06-2012, 02:09 PM
:bump:

I need for those who plan to attend this event to please look over the menu posted earlier in this thread and post your menu choice. I need to provide it to the Tea Room manager one week prior to our reservation. You do not need to pay prior to our reservation.

TikiGoddess
10-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Buckingham Tea for me

And I vote for Russian Earl Grey as the 3rd choice of tea. Had it last time and it was delicious.

Kathy

SBETigg
10-06-2012, 03:26 PM
:bump:

I need for those who plan to attend this event to please look over the menu posted earlier in this thread and post your menu choice. I need to provide it to the Tea Room manager one week prior to our reservation. You do not need to pay prior to our reservation.

The Grand Tea is my choice. Thanks!

Pally
10-06-2012, 03:40 PM
My sister (Lisa) and I (Paula) have decided on the Princess Kate Tea. Looking forward to a nice relaxing tea service and meeting everyone.:mickey:

Mousefever
10-06-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm going with the Grand Tea, please!

Amy

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Two Buckingham Palace teas for us please!

But, (and I know this is asking A LOT, with how picky they have been),

Jessica (princessfigment) wants to know if her sandwiches can be all ham and cheese (she's still a teenager she points out), and can mine be all egg (I don't eat fig or curry or fish).

Sorry! That's it ... if they say no, we'll deal, I'm just excited to get to do it and meet everyone.

Thanks for putting this together :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Buckingham Tea for me

And I vote for Russian Earl Grey as the 3rd choice of tea. Had it last time and it was delicious.

Kathy

Russian Earl Grey sounds awesome!!