PDA

View Full Version : AKL - a day visit?

disneykidsince1970
05-05-2012, 04:53 AM
Hi All - when Nik and I go for our girls-only trip in November, we decied to head to AKL for a visit as we have never been. I was just reading on another post about how much everyone loves it. :)

Any suggestions about what we might do with a few hours at AKL? If we were interested to look at rooms and compare views, would they be willing to show us a few rooms (assuming some empty ones were available?)

We would be flexible on time of day/night that we go. We are just interested to get a feel for it - to see if we would come back with the larger family, etc.

Thanks for any suggestions / tips!!

sara114
05-05-2012, 06:46 AM
I would made ADR for Boma for the first seating slot and arrive early to look around the resort. After eating you can see the resort again. This way to see the resort in 2 different times, get to try the food and experience the bus trip.
I enjoy this resort, but there are those that don't. Each person must decide for themselves because we all see things differently.

greengeen
05-05-2012, 07:09 AM
You don't need to go into a room to see what the views are like. As you walk around the resort, you'll be able to tell... there are viewing areas and picture windows everywhere.

Ed
05-05-2012, 07:33 AM
We've had success seeing rooms in several resorts by being there between check-out time (11am) and check-in time (technically 4pm) and asking at the front desk. At some, we've been shown rooms that were being cleaned and in others rooms that were ready for their next occupant. By playing up how much we want to stay there in the future, we've never been turned away.

Kairi_7378
05-05-2012, 09:01 AM
I'd suggest eating at Sanaa during your trip. You might be lucky enough to eat in the room with the big windows so you can watch the animals while you eat. There is an observation area immediately outside the restaurant and there was a CM there for a few hours when we were there. (About 5:00 until 7:00.) While I was settling the check at dinner, DH took our son for a walk and happened upon a "Drumming Circle" in one of the lounge areas. The CMs at the door were incredibly friendly.

These were all enough to make my husband, who usually wants to stay at the least expensive lodgings possible, say that he wanted to stay there for our next trip. :blush:

brownie
05-05-2012, 11:29 AM
I'll put in a second vote for eating at Sanaa. Just make sure it's during daylight hours!