PDA

View Full Version : Disney romance

Tink33333
05-04-2012, 07:03 PM
We will be traveling this summer and the kids are old enough to be left alone at the resort while my DH and I enjoy our first romantic evening alone at WDW:blush:!
I thought I'd ask the Incot "Gurus" to give me their take on romance in the "World". So what is your suggestion for a romantic evening at WDW? Are there any MUST-DOs?

ANG
05-04-2012, 07:35 PM
You can always take a carriage ride at BW.

Itchy
05-04-2012, 07:37 PM
We will be traveling this summer and the kids are old enough to be left alone at the resort while my DH and I enjoy our first romantic evening alone at WDW:blush:!
I thought I'd ask the Incot "Gurus" to give me their take on romance in the "World". So what is your suggestion for a romantic evening at WDW? Are there any MUST-DOs?

A nice dinner at Cali Grill or simular would be a great start. My lady friend and I have taken the carriage ride at POR and find it romantic.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

steamboat willy
05-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Hummm....I remember a rain storm, stuck in the "van" under the monorail beam back in the 80's...but now for your question.
Window seat at California Grill, during MK Fireworks :fworks: if possible. Walk on the sandy beach, holding your shoes at the Poly during the EWP, go up on the hill under the palm trees for a moonlight kiss! Carriage ride at Fort Wiilderness ot Wilderness Lodge. A stroll down the Boardwalk at The Boardwalk.
I would have said a Moonlight Cruise aboard the Ports A Call, Steam Paddlewheeler, but that is gone along with the Adventures Club, so sad!
Have a Great Time!:wine:

sportsguy2315
05-06-2012, 05:23 PM
When DGF came down in October, our date night consisted of dressing up, going to Citrico's, doing some shopping at DTD, and taking the boat to POR. We were on the DDP, so it wasn't too expensive at the end of the day.

BugeyedMuggy
05-06-2012, 06:51 PM
My most romantic moment was when my DH planned a carriage ride and the driver after getting us settled presented me with a glass slipper & tiarra resting on a pillow of carnations. He also had a bottle of wine and glasses. I put the crown on and we went to dinner at Narcoossee's. Perfect nite with the perfect person :cloud9:

Georgesgirl1
05-06-2012, 09:24 PM
On our last date night at the world, DH and I had dinner at Cali Grill and watched the fireworks at the viewing area. Then we headed to MK for EMH where we rode a bunch of rides just the two of us. It was the perfect mix of romance and fun for us :mickey:

Aurora
05-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Book a table for around 8 p.m. at Bistro de Paris and request a window table to watch Illuminations. It's an upscale restaurant with excellent food and a more adult atmosphere. After the crowds leave, stroll over to the International Gateway bridge and listen to the music before heading out.

Oh, now I'm really missing it. :(

azcavalier
05-09-2012, 04:09 PM
On our last date night at the world, DH and I had dinner at Cali Grill and watched the fireworks at the viewing area. Then we headed to MK for EMH where we rode a bunch of rides just the two of us. It was the perfect mix of romance and fun for us :mickey:

That's what we did, too! For us, just being there without kids is pretty romantic. Boat rides, carriage rides, strolling along the boardwalk after dark, riding rides without a 7 year old in between us, it's ALL romantic.

buzznwoodysmom
05-09-2012, 05:11 PM
DH and I have had two date nights in WDW, while grandma stayed with the kiddos.

The first was to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. We had dinner at Yachtmans Steakhouse. Our meal was excellent, and I had ordered a surprise 10th anniversary custom cake for our dessert. After dinner we strolled along the beach, eventually walking the whole Epcot loop. We stopped by the "back of Epcot" to take in the music coming from the park. We watched Illuminations during our walk, then had a short walk back to our resort. We were staying at the BC so it was such an easy night.

Our second "date" was dinner at California Grill. We didn't have a window table, but enjoyed Wishes from the outdoor viewing balcony. I thought watching Wishes from up there was very romantic, even with others around us. We then headed to DTD for a bit. DH had joined a cigar club while in Iraq so he wanted to go to the cigar bar at DTD for a cigar and a drink.

If we do a date night again I'd like to spend time inside one of the parks. It would be so different to be in the parks without the kids.

Tigerinvestigator
05-11-2012, 01:54 PM
We've had several great romantic evenings while Uncle Eric watches the kids over the years. Some of our favorites are walking world showcase at Epcot and reserving a waterside table at the San Angel Inn. I usually surprise her with a bottle of her favorite perfume Laila from Norway. Afterwards catch the monorail to the Poly for a pina colada while watching Wishes from the beach! Another favorite is dinner at Jiko in the AKL. The AKL at night is romantic in itself. Other good choices would be Bluezoo in the Dolphin, or California grill during the fireworks. Never eaten at Artist point but here it is special as well.:thumbsup:

dizneydeb22
05-11-2012, 04:07 PM
We've had several great romantic evenings while Uncle Eric watches the kids over the years. Some of our favorites are walking world showcase at Epcot and reserving a waterside table at the San Angel Inn. I usually surprise her with a bottle of her favorite perfume Laila from Norway. Afterwards catch the monorail to the Poly for a pina colada while watching Wishes from the beach! Another favorite is dinner at Jiko in the AKL. The AKL at night is romantic in itself. Other good choices would be Bluezoo in the Dolphin, or California grill during the fireworks. Never eaten at Artist point but here it is special as well.:thumbsup:

Our favorite dinner was at JIKO also. It was our first adult only trip to WDW. We also spent more time in the World Showcase and took more time to explore. The WS at night is very romantic.

Have fun!!