PDA

View Full Version : Highlights of the Christmas season

epceddie
05-04-2012, 02:44 AM
Hi everybody. This is my 700th post and since my wife and I can't wait for our upcoming trip in December, I wanted to ask what makes the Christmas season so special at Disney. What do you look forward to the most? Are there any interesting tips to be shared? It sounds like a great time to visit and we don't want to miss anything.

Pirate Granny
05-04-2012, 07:59 AM
MVMCP at MK, Candlelight Procession at EPCOT, Osbourne Lights at the Studio, resort decorations, jingle jangle parade at AK...we'll be there five night and hard to squeeze it all in, thankfully we don't need to ride the rides too! Have a wonderful trip...the decorations are beautiful. oh yea...sleigh rides at WL or the campgrounds!!!:cloud9:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-04-2012, 08:13 AM
You really need to resort hop to appreciate the details that go into decorating for Christmas at Disney. My favorite was the Grand Floridian, they have the life sized gingerbread house, live music and beautiful decorations...runners up would be the Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, and Animal Kingdom. I've also heard the Boardwalk, BC and YC are nice.

Like the previous poster said, Osbourne Lights at DHS, Candlelight Processional at Epcot, along with the varying versions of Santa in each country and the Christmas parades at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom....our favorite time to go. Just be prepared for big crowds, get up early so you can beat them.

mac badger
05-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Osbourne lights all the way! It is my number one thing that makes it feel like christmas

Quadstriker
05-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Snowing on Main Street makes the season for me. :thumbsup:

TheHD
05-04-2012, 06:30 PM
The Osbourne Lights are the highlight of the Christmas season for sure.

wolfhog
05-05-2012, 12:43 AM
The different Christmas stories/traditions in EPCOT's World Showcase

Altair
05-05-2012, 07:02 AM
The Citizens of Hollywood doing Twelve Days of Christmas.:thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
05-05-2012, 07:28 AM
For me; it's the Candlelight Processional. I just love it!!

epceddie
05-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks for all the great replies.

wdwvacationeer
05-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Well, for starters, it is Christmastime in Disney World! We were amazed at just how Christmasy you feel when you were there. We loved:

[LIST]
Holiday Illuminations
Candlelight Processional
The Very Merry Christmas Party
The trees in all the parks
Resort decorations: we stayed at Yacht Club -beautiful decorations and a train village. We also checked out the Boardwalk, Beach Club, Grand Floridian-we bought a gingerbread shingle, Polynesian decorations- all beautiful!
Epcot- each country in the world showcase had different things for their country's holiday traditions

I could go on and on! The smells, how it looks, how you feel while your are there, it really is magical!

MissMaryPoppins
05-17-2012, 01:54 PM
I always look forward to seeing all the gingerbread in the parks and resorts. The first time I saw The Osbourne lights I was amazed by the lights, the music, the snow. It was better than I imagined. It's a busy time in the parks but I've noticed even though it's crowded, everyone is happy to be there. The crowds are friendlier, the cast members too. Plus, everything looks prettier.

disneymom15
05-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Hands down, the castle draped in icicle lights.

elmjimmlm
05-17-2012, 04:19 PM
The Osbourne Lights are the highlight of the Christmas season for sure.

This is my top must see...The feeling that it gives you to be there is the best!!!:mickey:

faline
05-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Love the Christmas holiday at Disney World!

My favorites in no particular order:
Osborne Lights
Candlelight Processional
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Holiday Castle
Grand Floridian Tree
Wilderness Lodge Tree
Santas Around the World
Gingerbread Houses

Tri Minnie
05-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Last year was the first time we were in Disney during the Christmas season (first week of December). It was an amazing trip, and we really enjoyed things we wouldn't normally get to see. My three year old and I really enjoyed the storytellers in Epcot, and the Candlelight Processional was fantastic. Although I found the Osborne lights impressive, the wall to wall crowds did take away from the experience. We were there when they first turned them on, so maybe going at a different time would be less hectic. However, the highlight was definitely the lighting of the castle. It far exceeded my expectations.

Have fun planning for your trip!

epceddie
05-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Excellent! We can't wait for December.

slheflin
05-25-2012, 04:17 PM
We'll be there for Christmas for the first time this year. After reading this post, I CANNOT wait :mickey:

210 days and counting...

shan-ash
05-26-2012, 12:47 PM
we went this past December for the first time in the Christmas season. I agree with the previous posters about their thiugts but wanted to add a sleigh ride around Ft Wilderness. My uncle is a big house decorator at his home and we all enjoyed seeing the creative displays by the RV campers. And it was something different but relaxing!:mickey: