PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat before MNSSHP?

faberj
05-03-2012, 10:24 PM
I was thinking getting an early (5:00 pm) ADR at Chef Mickey's or Crystal Place before the party. Can anyone give any opinions or suggestions? It will be me, DH, and DS age 2.

Kairi_7378
05-03-2012, 11:03 PM
If I were you, I would want to be in the park for when the party starts. I'd get an early reservation at the Crystal Palace. By the time you are finished, the non party guests will mostly be out of the park. I think you can enter the park at 4:00 for the party.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-04-2012, 08:40 AM
I agree! Either pick a MK restaurant (Liberty Tree Tavern, Crystal Palace or Tony's), so you'll be right there and ready to start the party.

You could also go for a meal at one of the monorail resorts, but it might just be simpler to be in the park.

However, a lot of people will be looking to book early dinners before the party, so I'd book sooner rather than later for best choice of times and locations.

Wolf
05-04-2012, 12:02 PM
We have a 5pm ADR for Tony's before our halloween party!!!

Honestly we've done this every year we've gone and we have done all the sit down resturants in MK except the castle, but I would suggest Crystal Palace beforehand. We did it one year and we actually were dressed like Pooh and Tigger for the party and the pictures of us with our characters are some of my all time favorites!! Its fun and besides that you can get some character interaction before the party starts and will save you less time in crowds waiting for characters you can see there.

cuteduck223
05-04-2012, 12:51 PM
we're reserved at Crystal palace. :)

faberj
05-04-2012, 01:37 PM
What is the first time slot for dinner at CP?

MrPeetrie
05-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Last year, we ate dinner (kids in costumes) at The Whispering Canyon Cafe just before the MNSSHP. Very fun atmosphere. Then, we took the boat ride to the party. It was a very electrifying approach to the Magic Kingdom.

mydisneygirls
05-04-2012, 03:53 PM
I believe dinner at Crystal Palace starts at 3:15. That would be my choice also!

GusNJacque
05-06-2012, 01:51 AM
The couple of times I have been lucky enough to do the Halloween party I have done dinner at Citrico's at the Grand Floridian. Once staying at Poly and this past year at WL. A short monorail/boat ride depending where you stay. So much fun to go in there all dressed up. Perhaps with a little one you would be better of to be in the park but I loved going in GF all dressed up & the food was excellent too. I am sure you will have fun no matter what you decide. :mickey:

mom2morgan
05-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Can someone tell me why it is important to be right there when the party starts? I was planning to eat at an Epcot resort and then go to the party at 7:00 (only my daughter and I are going - hubby and other DD are holding out for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal). Does anything happen at the beginning of the party that we'd otherwise miss? We figured getting there by 7:00 or shortly after should be fine if we are staying late...

ANG
05-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Can someone tell me why it is important to be right there when the party starts? I was planning to eat at an Epcot resort and then go to the party at 7:00 (only my daughter and I are going - hubby and other DD are holding out for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal). Does anything happen at the beginning of the party that we'd otherwise miss? We figured getting there by 7:00 or shortly after should be fine if we are staying late...

I guess it depends on the age or the kids in your party. And if you are using the party ticket as a day's admission, some would want to get there ASAP.

To the original poster, I would try to book at MK as well.

mom2morgan
05-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Oh, thanks! We should be okay then - have passes for more days than we need, so spending a full day there isn't a big issue - and it's just DD 14 and I. I just want to make sure we have a chance to catch the parade and she can get her candy and enjoy the festive atmosphere. As I said above, her dad and sister are doing Halloween Horror Nights and that is definitely NOT our speed, LOL

I guess it depends on the age or the kids in your party. And if you are using the party ticket as a day's admission, some would want to get there ASAP.

To the original poster, I would try to book at MK as well.

GusNJacque
05-07-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't usually go to the party's right @ 7 but i
I am all adults and stay till they kick me out. If I was there with a child it would be a different story.