PDA

View Full Version : We recently rented points for OKW.

PetefromRI
05-03-2012, 01:54 PM
We rented points from a Canadian rental company for the OKW resort and were amazed at how cheaply we could stay at a deluxe resort.We went the week before Easter which is the highest priced season and it cost us about 250.00 per night.We could get it much cheaper at slower times of year.
This resort was really awesome and the studio room was very large.We will be returning to this resort again.The pool area was really nice and we requested a room near the Hospitality House which we got.Olivia's served up some decent food and I wish that we had saved the money from buying tickets and just ate at different resorts and DTD.The parks were crazy crowded and we didn't spend to much time in them.This was a 6 night trip and we could have easily just enjoyed our resort and eaten out at the many resort restaurants.
I'm glad that we discovered renting points and unless there's a real good deal at a moderate,we may just rent points for now on.

Crow
05-03-2012, 02:10 PM
i never stayed there or at any DVC but I did read a little about that point rental. could be a possibility.
thanks for posting

Pirate Granny
05-03-2012, 08:39 PM
We rented a GV at OKW last March...family loved it so much we bought OKW resale :yay::yay:

Airblue1
05-03-2012, 08:45 PM
I am going to ask this blindly. But I have researched renting points and for some reason it scares me. How did you know it wasn't going ti be a scam?
Thank You:mickey::mickey:

January-2007
05-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Fastpasssteve
05-04-2012, 01:23 AM
Good job on choosing to rent points!

Just a couple of things to keep in mind:

1. OKW has the largest guest rooms of all the Vacation Club Resorts. The others aren't too cramped, but OKW is very spacious.

2. The weeks surrounding Easter are among the most highly populated in all four Parks. If you milder crowds, try it in the early fall once school is back in session. You will be in paradise! Cheers! :marg:

BugeyedMuggy
05-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Thanks for posting. We rented points for our July trip and it was 1/3 the cost of Disney even with a discount. We are also going to OKW for the first time. Now I feel better reading your review of the resort. We have an AP but love to spend afternoons at the resort. The epcot area is convienent but even the quiet pools there are getting crowded.

tdk316
05-04-2012, 10:19 AM
I am going to ask this blindly. But I have researched renting points and for some reason it scares me. How did you know it wasn't going ti be a scam?
Thank You:mickey::mickey:

It's a calculated risk. Under the "DVC" section there is a whole thread about renting points. We have done it in the past and it was a lot cheaper than going through Disney at the time. There are point rental companies out there that might make you feel safer about renting but we ended up doing business with a private individual and everything went well.

stephicakes
05-04-2012, 01:38 PM
We loved OKW too! We have actually rented points from a private individual for the past few trips as well and it has worked out beautifully for our family too ;) We have saved thousands of $$ doing this. We have built a great relationship with the person we rent from so they are always our first "go to" person when we start planning a trip. It's sooo fun exploring the different resorts! :thumbsup:

steph