PDA

View Full Version : Best Disney Dining Deals...

disneyduggan
05-03-2012, 08:16 AM
...I'm not talking about a shoestring budget, but I don't want to pay more than I have to for some yummy eats.

What is your best dining deal? Where you felt like you got some really good food for a decent price.

For me, Trails End Buffet comes to mind. :mickey:

BrerGnat
05-03-2012, 08:58 AM
-Wolfgang Puck Express at Downtown Disney.

-Roaring Forks at WL (excellent, HUGE sandwiches made to order, enough to share between 2 people for a low price). We had the Roast Beef and Blue Cheese and it was amazing!

-Captain's Grille Breakfast Buffet at Yacht Club. Since there are no characters here, it's a steal at only $16.99/adult and $9.99 per child and REALLY excellent, fresh food.

eam
05-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Earl of Sandwich., We have always enjoyed it, and it is so economical.

azcavalier
05-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Earl of Sandwich., We have always enjoyed it, and it is so economical.

Amen. I can never finish my meal, and it's not expensive.

DANAM
05-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Wolf Gang Puck Express is our best meal for the money spot at Disney.

eam
05-03-2012, 12:06 PM
I forgot to mentipn, if you belong to AAA, you get a 15% discount.

mook3y
05-03-2012, 12:07 PM
...I'm not talking about a shoestring budget, but I don't want to pay more than I have to for some yummy eats.

What is your best dining deal? Where you felt like you got some really good food for a decent price.

For me, Trails End Buffet comes to mind. :mickey:

We love the skillet meal at Whispering canyon.

floridamom
05-03-2012, 12:41 PM
I forgot to mentipn, if you belong to AAA, you get a 15% discount.

Seriously? At Earl of Sandwich? How did I not know this?

We find the family meal deal at Pollo Campero to be a good value for our family and the chicken is very tasty. Nice alternative to EoS, but now that I know about the discount ...

disneyduggan
05-03-2012, 01:18 PM
I forgot about Earl of Sandwich...

This is great, keep it up!

Kairi_7378
05-03-2012, 07:40 PM
DH and I usually share meals at Flame Tree BBQ and at Tangerine Cafe. We've also split meals at Sunshine Seasons and the taco salad at Pecos Bill.

Fastpasssteve
05-04-2012, 01:06 AM
What I think you're trying to deduce is which restaurants offer you the best perceived value for your money. Here are some restaurants that offer value for money--in no particular order:

Columbia Harbour House (Quick Service MK)

Boma (a highly creative and delicious buffet located in the Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House)

Yak & Yeti Counter Service (Animal Kingdom)

Garden Grill (Family-style CHARCTER meal located in The Land Pavillion)

Boulangerie Patisserie (French Bakery in EPCOT)

Katsura Grill (counter service located in Japan in EPCOT)

Rose and Crown Pub (not the restaurant--the Pub located in EPCOT)

Whispering Canyon Cafe (if you order the Canyon Skillet - located in the Wilderness Lodge)

Those are the restaurants that come to mind.
Hope you have a great time.

TheDuckRocks
05-04-2012, 09:13 AM
For a change of pace the Tangierine Cafe in Morrocco at Epcot has Shawarana Platters from $12 to $14 and my DH and I can't come close to finish one even though we share.

disneyduggan
05-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Yes...

Just trying to hear about places and meals where people thought: That was yummy, and a good deal!

As opposed to: I can't believe how much we spent, and it wasn't very good.

elmjimmlm
05-04-2012, 12:49 PM
We are paying out of pocket this time and I was looking at Boulangerie Patisserie menu and the sandwiches are anywhere from 3-5.95...I have seen them but never bought one but I know I will on our next trip...Thats a McDonald's or Wendy's price...Sharing is a good option if you don't have big eaters...I know I'll be sharing several meals with my daughter...
If you like to do TS meals then consider lunch instead of dinner...Some restaurants have lower prices on their lunch menu...:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
05-04-2012, 01:05 PM
If you go to a Counter Service location, you can just get a "sandwich" without fries and a drink. We rarely eat the fries, and are happy with water, so this gives us a good deal .... then we can go out and have a :bar: or two later in the day....

Quadstriker
05-04-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm going west coast here. Deal with it. :cool:

The corndogs in California Adventure are soooo goooood and way bigger and better than what you get in WDW. One of those with some Apple Slices is the perfect midday park pick me up.

LVT
05-05-2012, 09:39 AM
We enjoy Tusker House (before characters)
Tangiere Cafe sampler platters
Yak and Yeti
Sunshine Seasons
Pecos Bill? ( burger topper bar)
Flame Tree
Boma

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Probably Flame Tree BBQ at AK-very good bbq for CS price (actually better than the TS BBQ we've tried at DW) and Wolfgang Puck Express delicious gourmet pizzas and creme brulee all for CS credit..

AJ Springfield
05-09-2012, 11:43 AM
At PO- R (food court) you can order your own pasta meal. I think it's about $9, but there is enough to split. You chose the type of pasta, the meat, the sauce, and whatever else to cook with it. I had chicken fettuccine with spinach, tomatoes, black olives with a pesto sauce. It was wonderful and I split it with my 16 year old daughter... so it was technically $4.50 each.

epceddie
05-09-2012, 05:44 PM
We like to get a Fastpass for Soarin', go on The Land a couple of times, and have lunch at Sunshine Seasons. My wife likes the Chinese food offerings and I like the soup and sandwiches. They also serve some of the best creme brulee we've ever had.