PDA

View Full Version : What to pack for trip to Disney World?

Alpha Jeanie
05-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Ok, we are getting very close to leaving for our trip to Disney World :cloud9:. I'm starting to put together our packing list. I'm taking DH, DS15, & DD 9. Please tell me what you take when you go to Disney World, so I don't forget to pack anything.

Here are few things on my list:
moleskin
ponchos
zip lock bags
sun screen
first aid kit & any med. we may need
chargers for cameras & phones
ADR #'s
protien & granola bars for breakfast
sharpie markers for autographs
extra duffle bag to pack souvenirs on return flight
camera
:mickey:

faberj
05-03-2012, 08:30 AM
A power strip to plug in all your chargers as there are few outlets in the rooms.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Personal misting fans (can be bought at big box retailers). The price for the same thing at Disney is outrageous.

Tygger7
05-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Blister Stick...I never go without it.

steamboat willy
05-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Not sure what type of camera you're packing but we always take extra batteries and memory card. I also take small table top Tri-Pod for some great firework shots. Enjoy the ride.

tdk316
05-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Your patience, compassion and a boat load of money... :D

One thing I never leave home without is a travel size package of wipes that can be used on your body (some are only for disinfecting surfaces). I find we go through a ton of them and that the adults use them more than the kids!

Have a great time!

Dream'nDisney
05-03-2012, 06:01 PM
I always take two ziplok baggies with a small portion of all the medicines we might need (Tylenol, Advil, Anti-diarrhea med., Tums, cough drops, allergy med., Mucinex, etc., in one baggy, and bandaids, ointment, anti-itch cream, etc. in the other. One thing I didn't pack last time and wish I had was a thermometer. My daughter had fever around midnight and I wanted to know how hot she was. Luckily guest services opened up the gift shop at YC and "gave" me a thermometer!! :mickey: I was very glad we brought Mucinex and Advil. Thank goodness her fever was gone the next day and the medicines helped with symptoms.

Dream'nDisney
05-03-2012, 06:02 PM
I also pack a night light for bathroom and a clothes pin for those nagging curtains that don't shut quite all the way. :confused:

stephicakes
05-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Great suggestions so far! I will have to add these to my list too!

I also pack travel size packets of clothes detergent & some dryer sheets so we don't have to mess with quarters when it's time to do laundry. We also always bring our water bottle koozies (which we found online) to keep our water bottles cold all day as we freeze them the night before. Extra zip-lock bags always come in handy throughout the day - especially if your phone & camera aren't water proof!

:mickey:

azcavalier
05-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Tiny bottles of hand sanitizer. And then most of what everyone else mentioned.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Personal misting fans (can be bought at big box retailers). The price for the same thing at Disney is outrageous.

Thanks for reminding me! I've been several times, and made my list out today without putting this on it! :blush: I need to get one, as I do use it alot! :wave: :fan:

mickeys_princess_mom
05-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Sounds silly, but gum if your kids chew it! Can't buy it there. :mickey:

T-Belle
05-04-2012, 02:19 PM
I take a cheap over the door shoe hanger. You know, the kind that has see through pockets. It's great to keep personal items organized and keeps the counters clear of everyones clutter.

Wolf
05-04-2012, 03:14 PM
For our carry with us bags we take:

Chap stick, pony tail holders, little bands to hold back loose hairs and bangs, spare socks, extra batteries for cameras, sun glasses (even if its rainey or gray out), usually a thermal to put on under tshirts if it gets cold at night, I get cold easy so if I start out in shorts this year I'm going to take some leggings to put on under my shorts when it gets dark out.

Katzateer
05-04-2012, 04:58 PM
I always take a little dishwashing soap in one of the small travel bottles for liquids. That way you can wash your refillable mugs in the room.

Also, if you have some type of swim shoes that dry fast. That way if the kids get wet on a ride or an afternoon shower, they won't have wet feet to complain about. I wear some crocs that are very comfortable to walk in but for kids I like them to have their feet covered so they dont get them caught on anything or injure their feet.

And I bring lots of baggies to store items in backpacks and a couple of large trash bags that can be thrown over the stroller when on rides or in shows or eating. Most stroller parking is out with no cover.

ANG
05-04-2012, 07:40 PM
I take a cheap over the door shoe hanger. You know, the kind that has see through pockets. It's great to keep personal items organized and keeps the counters clear of everyones clutter.

Terrific idea!!

natstroop
05-04-2012, 10:37 PM
We always bring along those little individual packets of Crystal Light Lemonade for our water bottles. It's refreshing on a hot day.

LVT
05-05-2012, 10:19 AM
1.We always do the shoe pockets that hang in closet. I give each person a pocket for deodorants etc. 2. Mug washing> I get baby safe baby wipes (non-toxic). I set out enough for cleaning mugs dailey, then I drip a couple of dish soap drops on each and allow to air dry. Once dried they weigh little and I can stuff them in a baggie.
I got these tips years ago (maybe from here) and now use them on all trips.

azcavalier
05-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Terrific idea!!

Seconded! We have on in our mud room for winter gloves/hats/etc. That's perfect for all of the stuff that accumulates on the table. Nice!

mickeys_princess_mom
05-07-2012, 03:58 PM

Yep! I agree. Going to get mine now to put in bag! This has been a great reminder post!
I really find this helpful--keeps things from getting scrambled and is quite handy!
:wave:

Wolf
05-07-2012, 04:16 PM
i always take a little dishwashing soap in one of the small travel bottles for liquids. That way you can wash your refillable mugs in the room.

brilliant!!!!!!!!!

PCruzer
07-28-2012, 12:28 PM
A power strip to plug in all your chargers as there are few outlets in the rooms.Is it OK to take a power strip on a plane in your carry-on?