PDA

View Full Version : sharing tips & secrets

micky95
05-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Do you share all your tips & little secrets ? I must be honest & say I do'nt. :thedolls::blush:

c&d
05-03-2012, 09:07 AM
I do, I want people to enjoy Disney as much as I do. I feel it's the little things that make WDW a little more special for us.

Aurora
05-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Well not ALL of them because I don't remember half of them! :blush:

Seriously, if someone has a question, yes, I'll give them all the information I have. Sometimes it makes them so happy that their whole vacation is better, and that makes me happy.

Disney28
05-03-2012, 09:17 AM
I do. There is so much to see and do that every little bit helps.

azcavalier
05-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Absolutely. But only if they ask about it. Heck, we even offer to go with them and show them!

bcornette
05-03-2012, 09:28 AM
I share all my secrets, and everyone else's that I pick up on from intercot. I have a 30 page document of my lessons learned, planning tips, and secrets. I share it with everyone that I know is going to WDW.

Some of them think I over plan things.

sonamae80
05-03-2012, 09:32 AM
I share all my secrets, and everyone else's that I pick up on from intercot. I have a 30 page document of my lessons learned, planning tips, and secrets. I share it with everyone that I know is going to WDW.

Anyway you might share that with me? ;)

MrPeetrie
05-03-2012, 11:10 AM
When someone I know goes to WDW, I want them to have the best time. If they ask, I'll give them as much information as I can.

Belle of the Ball 051411
05-03-2012, 11:19 AM

I'm also curious about said document!

NewDVCowner
05-03-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm also curious about said document!

As am I. I'm planning my second trip to WDW for this Thanksgiving now and could use some pointers!

Wolf
05-03-2012, 11:29 AM

Think you might be willing to share that with a fellow over planner?

cajunprincess
05-03-2012, 11:35 AM
I think I may want to also have this document! We leave in 78 days!!!!:cloud9:

bcornette
05-03-2012, 01:42 PM
I haven't updated the doc since our last trip, but will happily email it to whomever wants it. Unless someone wants to create a place where I can upload it.
PM me with your email address and I will send it your way. It would be greatly appreciated if you can think of other things I should add, send them to me. Then I can add it and keep sharing.

Kairi_7378
05-03-2012, 07:38 PM
I share with the I-Cot members because, quite frankly, no one I know in real life takes the trip planning as serious as I do (even the self-proclaimed Disney experts!) I also have benefitted by all of your tips and advice and I like giving back to the site, even though I am no where near the expert that most of you are.

tdk316
05-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Depends... if someone asks for my help, yes, but I don't typically offer. I have been burned by family members that have come back from WDW screaming because I didn't tell them something obvious like it takes longer than two minutes to get to MK from their resort off-site. Yea, I have THAT kind of family. :blush:

But, I just helped my SIL's neighbor plan her fall trip and I think they'll have a fantastic time. They've never been and are taking the kids for the first time and didn't know about ADRs or pretty much anything so it was fun to help.

squijee
05-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I can vouch for the not sharing of Micky95. I am his dw and he doesn't share with me, but there is a certain cast member at soarin' that he shares with whenever he gets the chance.

Quadstriker
05-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Do you share all your tips & little secrets ? I must be honest & say I do'nt. :thedolls::blush:

Thanks for sharing that.

dizneydeb22
05-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Absolutely. But only if they ask about it. Heck, we even offer to go with them and show them!

This cracked me up!

I share as much as I can for those that ask. I have the Disney Visa, so I get asked a lot from people who ring me up at registers! Sometimes my relatives and friends will call me and ask if they can give my number to someone they know planning a trip. My husband tells me I should open my own Disney planning service, but I'm happy sharing for free!

azcavalier
05-04-2012, 02:24 PM
This cracked me up!

I share as much as I can for those that ask. I have the Disney Visa, so I get asked a lot from people who ring me up at registers! Sometimes my relatives and friends will call me and ask if they can give my number to someone they know planning a trip. My husband tells me I should open my own Disney planning service, but I'm happy sharing for free!

Thanks! But it's true! We went two years ago with my In-laws, who had never been. Last year we took one person who had never been. This year we're taking a family of six with us, who have never been! I don't know what we'll do in two years....we don't have anyone lined up yet.

bcornette
05-04-2012, 07:17 PM
I think I have sent my tips doc to everyone that requested it. If I missed anyone, let me know and I will make sure I send it.

AmyCasanova
05-04-2012, 08:03 PM
I adore when people ask me for tips involving Disney World. I think that the vets should give the newcomers a chance so they're not busy scrambling in the parks. It's a pretty daunting first trial and error, so since I've been there multiple times, I adore giving advice on what is essential, what to skip, recommendations, etc.

micky95
05-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I can vouch for the not sharing of Micky95. I am his dw and he doesn't share with me, but there is a certain cast member at soarin' that he shares with whenever he gets the chance.

let me clarify what i meant.my dw and i have little things that we do that we dont share out right.we've found out of the way places to relax and we always seem to be the only ones there.I DO SHARE my tips and secrets with others here as well as family and friends who go.i'm not as big of a JERK :mad:as i implied in my original post,i just couldnt phrase it right. :blush:my dw thinks she's funny but i did'nt marry her for her sense of humor:D

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-07-2012, 05:29 PM
I'll take the document if you don't mind bcornette.

Tink#64
05-08-2012, 12:26 AM
I do, I want people to enjoy Disney as much as I do. I feel it's the little things that make WDW a little more special for us.

:exactly: Me too! I hold nothing back as I really want everyone to enjoy the magic of WDW as much as we do!

Fastpasssteve
05-08-2012, 02:44 AM
As I have said to many people before: "Disney is a marathon, not a sprint." I should probably rephrase that to say, "Disney is an obstacle course." Knowing the ins and outs of Disney help make for a more enjoyable visit.

I have helped so many people plan their vacations. When you love something as wonderful as Disney, you want to share the good news.

Katzateer
05-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I share but most people don't listen!:mickey:

My best tip is go early and stay late. Most people are on vacation and don't want to be at the parks that early. But it works to our advantage- we can get through Fantasyland before the crowds pour in.

The one thing that gets me upset are guests that are on a once-in -lifetime trip with kids. If they don't plan and know a little about what to expect......the tears and yelling at little kids when everyone is hot and tired:thedolls:Gets me upset too!

wendybird
05-08-2012, 12:28 PM

Wow - Can I get a copy of that :thumbsup:

faberj
05-08-2012, 01:39 PM

Would you be willing to share that document with me? I am planning a trip for this Nov. DH and I have been to the world a couple of times but we will be taking our DS age 2 with us this time and I am having a harder time planning this one as we will be at the mercy of his schedule and not able to go go go like we are used to.

Wolf
05-08-2012, 01:43 PM

Got it, love it! I'll message you if I can think of addons, haven't read all the way through it yet. :number1:

indytraveler
05-08-2012, 02:01 PM
I used to be free with information. No I don't charge anything for it, but if I'm asked I will give all I can. Before I give any tips away I usually ask them how many times they have gone and then how many days they will be gone. Then I'll ask other questions and by this time whomever I'm talking to knows that I may know a thing or two about a WDW vacation.

I will over load someone down with as much info as they can handle. This method here on the boards are easy. If you have questions this is a perfect forum to get a wide array of answers. Everyone of us who posts generally want to give good advice so everyone enjoys themselves.

Davy Crockett
05-08-2012, 04:50 PM
I absolutely share everything I can. I've come to realize though that we are the 1% (those of us that come to Intercot or other Disney discussion boards) and as hard as it may be to believe there are a large number of people probably 70%+ in my humble estimate that go to Disney that either don't want to do any pre-trip planning and or just believe that knowledge on where to go and what to do will just magically enter their brains as they sleep the day before the leave to head down.

I've seen the "eyes glazing over and rolling back into the back of their heads" look from so many people that I've offered to assist and answer their questions in detail to try to keep them from finding the same pitfalls and having a disastrous 1st trip, but a lot of folks don't really want to understand the complexity and effort required. I think they just want the Cliff notes version, so I seem to have become like a lot of you that responded and "IF"asked a specific question I will respond but other than that I don't readily offer up tips any longer.

dolphinsfan203
05-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Hey i sent you a pm with my email address id love to read these tips you have

harlowandthemermaid
05-13-2012, 10:30 PM
For many years I've been the "helper" for friends who were first timers or not experienced and would draw up a document full of tips/money/time savers that would benefit them. I had some general things that would work for everyone, but then some things would be different based on the age of the kids/special needs etc.

ANG
05-14-2012, 09:58 AM
Well not ALL of them because I don't remember half of them! :blush:

Seriously, if someone has a question, yes, I'll give them all the information I have. Sometimes it makes them so happy that their whole vacation is better, and that makes me happy.

Ditto. I don't remember half of them until someone asks.

Disney Doll
05-18-2012, 12:37 PM
I always share. I feel almost personally responsible if someone I know goes to Disney because I really want them to have a great experience and to enjoy it as much as I do.

I know that WDW can be an overwhelming vacation and I totally understand that some people don't want to read through an entire guidebook or pour over internet sites looking for tips. Sometimes newcomers don't know what to ask so I try to answer their questions, but also go over some of the things they may not have thought about.

i'm grumpy
05-18-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't think anyone I've given tips to has actually gone. :silly:

bcornette
07-12-2012, 01:42 PM
It's been a while since I had checked my PM's on here and found over 30 more requests for the doc. I think I have sent it to everyone that sent me an email address.

If I missed anyone please send me another message, I'll try to respond a little quicker this time

Sweetpea29488
07-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Bcornette

I sent you a PM :)

BIGDOG
07-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Bcornette

I sent you a PM :)

I did also thank you

j2k
07-12-2012, 10:22 PM
It's been a while since I had checked my PM's on here and found over 30 more requests for the doc. I think I have sent it to everyone that sent me an email address.

If I missed anyone please send me another message, I'll try to respond a little quicker this time

Got it. :thanks:
With perfect timing too! We'll be leaving in just a few short weeks!!
I've started to look through it and it very thorough. :high5:
If I think of anything to add or come up with anything after our trip I will definitely let you know.

disneykid99
07-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Like many - I am happy to share but try to keep it toned down unless people seem really interested :mickey: It is suprising to learn (when talking to people about their trip planning) that not everyone is an overly excited, over planner like myself :blush:

It is nice to know there are others of us out there.