PDA

View Full Version : Live from POFQ-Minus one day-Day 2

TiggeRia
05-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Tuesday, May 1

Ahh, EPCOT, my most favorite place in the world. However my body was having no part of rising early and I kept hitting the snooze button. Got up 8ish and got ready for the day. We decided to save on sone money by bringing oatmeal and pop tarts to eat in the room, which worked out well. A bus came promptly and we were on our way.

Now, I must say the F&G show i's one of my favorite times of the year, but I just wasn't impressed this time. I'm not sure if it's because I've been down for it several years in a row, but it just seemed lacking this year. Anyway, with TT down for refurb, our first stop was the land. Wait for Soarin was already at 60 minutes, so we grabbed fast passes and opted to o on the first Behind the Seeds tour of the day.

We absolutely loved it. It was very interesting, informative, and well worth the money. Our tour lasted a little over an hour and by that time our FP time was ready. Chris despises Soarin (something about a fear of heights....) but he endured and survived his flight over California. Even said it wasn't as bad as last time he was on. I really wish they would update the screens, or fix the reels, whatever it is. Those black marks are really distracting.

By this time the skies are a tad gray. We ave ADRs at LeCellier for lunch and start to make our way into the WS via the butterfly house. Such graceful things they are. We decide to check into LeCellier early as we were starving and it was spritzing a bit. Checked in 15 minutes early and they told us they were running behind. No biggie. We sat and relaxed and were seated about 35 minutes later. Our meal was delicious. We both had cheddar cheese soup with pretzel bread and the filet with mashed potatoes.I don't think the prices were horribly exorbitant, but then again it was lunch. Not sure I'd fork out the money for dinner.

Skies were once again blue and sunny. We headed to the UK, got some beer and settled in the back to wait for the British Revolution. This is one of my favorite areas, so pretty and quiet. After the show we headed to France for my Grand Marnier slush and a trip through the pastry shop. We split a ham and cheese croissant (yum!) and Chris had an eclair (meh) and I had a strawberry tart (yum). Somehow the time was flying at warp speed today and it was already close to four. We headed to the festival center, picked up some merchandise and headed to the bus stop.

Back at the resort we had a quick drink and lounge at the pool. A quick change and off to the dock for the boat downtown. Unfortunately, they were not running as the captains said it was far too windy. We headed to the bus stop, waited about 15 minutes, along with many other people. We gave up waiting then, cause there were so many people it was going to take more then one bus.

We turned around and went to the Scat Cat Bar and had a drink and played hangman on my iPad. Then we opted ti visit the caricaturist and had a drawing done of my mom's two dogs for Mother's day. It turned out really good! Back to the room and in bed at 930 as tomorrow i's an early day for the Wild Africa Trek!!

TiggeRia
05-02-2012, 06:55 PM
It's amazing how much you forget Less than 24 hours later! Last night we were at the bar and I wanted some pretzels. Ran over to the Sassagoula Floatworks and picked up a mini bag....I almost croaked when he rang me up!! $4.04 for a stinking bag of pretzels! That's crazy! We stopped there later for dinner and I ot the kids pb&j meal with two sides and a small drink for $4.09 plus tax....that was a much better deal than those stupid pretzels!

Katzateer
05-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Tuesday, May 1
Now, I must say the F&G show i's one of my favorite times of the year, but I just wasn't impressed this time. I'm not sure if it's because I've been down for it several years in a row, but it just seemed lackingk!!

I agree! I have been 3 times in April in the last 5 years and this year was the first year I was not impressed.

Glad you had a fun trip!

faline
05-02-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm so looking forward to the Flower & Garden Festival - hope I won't find it a disappointment!

sassafras
05-02-2012, 08:28 PM
We just returned from the Flower and Garden Festival Sunday, and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one not overly impressed. We have gone for several years and it seems the flowers and topiaries aren't as vibrant and impressive as they used to be. DH and I were also talking about how something needs to be done at Soarin' whether it be the replacement of the screen or the movie. Those black marks are very distracting!

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the report...

emerzmom
05-08-2012, 11:15 AM
What a great trip so far. I love EPCOT! I am now craving the cheese soup. I love it!
Thanks for sharing!
:mickey:
Julie

shadowden
05-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the report!

Disneywarrior
05-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the report!

January-2007
05-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks for reporting!