PDA

View Full Version : Poly Resort Room Question

SassyMadhatter
05-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Is there a certain area of the Polynesian Resort, that you would recommend more than others...and the reason why? Walking distance,view,etc... :marg:

ImagiAsh
05-02-2012, 01:49 PM
I can only speak from my one experience staying at the Polynesian, which happened to be last week. I had a standard garden view room in the Tokelau building facing out towards the quiet pool on the ground floor. I loved every second of it. Just a two minute walk to the lobby (ceremonial house), a three minute walk to the boat dock and between 5 and 8 minutes to the ticket and transportation center. I felt like I was in the middle of everything and was also thankful that we weren't by the loud volcano pool. It was just a friend and I, no kids, so we enjoyed the quieter areas of the resort. I can't wait to start planning my next trip to the Polynesian!

SBETigg
05-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Fiji facing the marina, lagoon view rooms at a garden view price, and right next to the Great Ceremonial House. It was my favorite garden view location so far.

Polynesian Dweller
05-02-2012, 04:49 PM
I've always preferred Tokelau. It's very centrally located. But then the Poly really isn't that big. It's seven minutes one side to the other of the grounds so no building is far from anything.

Tokelau is one of the newer buildings meaning balconies on all floors. Most buildings do not have balconies on the 2nd floor but Tokelau does. And it also means the biggest room size at 476 sq ft as compared to 415 for most other buildings. That can be a big difference.

AJ Springfield
05-03-2012, 09:48 AM
In 2010 we were surprised with the "Park Avenue of the Polynesian"-- a 3rd floor room facing the volcano pool. Needless to say, the view was wonderful... but I loved the proximity to the Great Ceremonial House. I would recommend requesting a building close to the GCH since we walked there often for meals, shopping, and monorail service.

mydisneygirls
05-03-2012, 09:59 AM
I would also say Tokelau. When we stayed there, I always requested this building with a room closest to the lagoon. We got the second room from the end and we had a partial view of the lagoon and the Contemporary. And as Polynesian Dweller said, the rooms are larger than others. The proximity to the pools, the lobby and transportation is great!

ledudes
05-03-2012, 10:24 AM
I agree with Tokelau and requesting a room on 4th floor toward lagoon end. If you stood on teh end of the balcony you could watch the MK fireworks. It was an awsome room and no extra charge for the view.

Mousemates
05-03-2012, 10:47 AM
I think best location is one of those things that just kind of depends on what you want....we for example have always chosen rooms with a view of the monorail going by...(at the GF/Poly and CR (garden wing)...with my wife's logic being we can see water most anyplace we go (and water is water everywhere) However, WDW is the only place you can go and see a monorail out your window.

Think about what is most important to you and your unique preferences and situaiton, then make your requests accordingly. :mickey: You really can't go wrong.:thumbsup:

AJ Springfield
05-03-2012, 11:07 AM
I think best location is one of those things that just kind of depends on what you want....we for example have always chosen rooms with a view of the monorail going by...(at the GF/Poly and CR (garden wing)...with my wife's logic being we can see water most anyplace we go (and water is water everywhere) However, WDW is the only place you can go and see a monorail out your window.

I never thought about a view of the monorail!!! I think that would be wonderful-- it is quintessential Disney!!