PDA

View Full Version : Cars Land- Soft Opening?

DVC2004
05-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Any chance of a soft opening? We are there from 5/26- 5/29... hoping, but not planning on it. I know back when Mission: Space opened at Epcot we visited about 9 days before and the ride was soft-open so we got to go on and also purchased a special pin. I think it was a count down pin, 9 days or whatever until open. Has anything like this happened in the past at DL or DCA?

Chescat
05-02-2012, 04:49 PM
My personal opinion would be that they wouldn't. If it was just one ride, then they usually do. But this is a huge new area and the front of DCA is still under construction also. I don't think they would want to divert the resources at this point.

Now the one thing that could possibly have a soft opening might be the update to the matterhorn. Its still due to reopen on June 15th also.

DVC2004
05-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Ok thanks. As I said, not expecting it so no disappointments. Matterhorn would be great though! We haven't been in a few years so I was a little sad to see it would be down. But hey maybe we'll get a nice surprise. :mickey:

wendybird
05-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Passholders are being given the opportunity to possibly get an early viewing on June 11th. Received it via e-mail and had to fill out form and mark times we would be available that day. I guess it is kind of a drawing and you are notified if you get a ticket and your time. They did this for Finding Nemo and Star Tours and everyone I know that entered got a ticket. I hope to get tckets again and REALLY hope the rides will be operating for our sneak peek. :mickey:

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
05-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Don't count on any soft opening. Since the park is closed for media day they are saying that they aren't even going to take down construction walls until that event.

I think it is interesting that if I win the AP ticket that I will be in Cars Land behind the walls?

That will be odd, but I will enjoy every minute of it!

:smickey: