PDA

View Full Version : places you must eat

kurt
05-02-2012, 09:38 AM
we all have must do attractions & shows. things that we must each trip. my question is are there any places you must eat each trip? for me it is the sci-fi drive in theater in the studios & a beer & bratwurst in germany:beer:

ledudes
05-02-2012, 09:47 AM
I like to always have one meal at Cinderella's castle. It just feels like Disney to me and I've done it since I was a kid. I still remember eating grasshopper pie for dessert there when I was a kid with my whole family so it has nice memories. Lately I just take my girls for a nice princess meal.

indytraveler
05-02-2012, 09:47 AM
We always eat at Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch at MK. Apple butter on the rolls, YUM. However, last time no apple butter! May need to bring my own next time.

SBETigg
05-02-2012, 09:58 AM
I used to have some Must-Haves, but I've discovered so many great new things on each trip that now there is no set "must-have" list or must-do restaurants. It depends on my mood. I like to try new things and find new treats, so there's not always time to get to everything I enjoyed on previous trips-- and I am fine with that.

Diznee4Me
05-02-2012, 10:00 AM
El Pirata y el Perico across from PoTC :D

Love their taco salads. :number1:

dizneydeb22
05-02-2012, 10:38 AM
For my husband we have to do the QS in Mexico and O'Hana. I'm pretty open! I agree with the previous poster, with all the new things to try, it's hard to stick with the must haves.

The only things that are a must do for me are rides: Soarin' and Mickey's Philharmagic!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-02-2012, 10:48 AM
As silly as this may sound, our only real MUST DO is hotdogs at Casey's on our first day.

Otherwise, we have favourites, but don't always get to them every trip.

tjstrike
05-02-2012, 11:09 AM
We're hooked on the dole whips but other then that, we do QS dining and always try to hit wolfgang pucks in DTD because it's the best QS out there. :thumbsup:

finaldynasty
05-02-2012, 11:29 AM
ohana, chef mickey, and crystal palace

Coach Goofy
05-02-2012, 12:45 PM
No question....O'hana!!!

elmjimmlm
05-02-2012, 12:56 PM
We always go to Ohana and our new place that we have to eat is Via Napoli...We always go to Sunshine Seasons if only for the muffins!!!:mickey:

joonyer
05-02-2012, 01:00 PM
For us, it's 'Ohana and also Casey's hot dogs while waiting for wishes to start. Those have become traditions for us. The hot dogs are not as good as they used to be (no longer all beef) but it's not about the food, it's the tradition! :thumbsup:

dizneydeb22
05-02-2012, 02:39 PM
We're hooked on the dole whips but other then that, we do QS dining and always try to hit wolfgang pucks in DTD because it's the best QS out there. :thumbsup:

I have to agree with you about Wolfgang Pucks! My husband and I discovered this little gem on a parents only trip. We do try to hit it up at least once. IMHO it's better than some table services!

ChipNDale79
05-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Our must do's are O'hana and Tutto :mickey:

darthmacho
05-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Great thread! We have a few, actually, but most are not restaurant specific, as I'll explain,

On our arrival day, we always eat at our home resort, and this year that means a quick service meal at Everything Pop. Last trip we had a delightful meal at Boatwright's.

Probably the only answer that truly fits the criteria of your question, it has become a tradition that on our first full day at WDW, we enjoy an early breakfast at Crystal Palace, before venturing off into the Magic Kingdom.

Another must-do is visiting and dining at the Wilderness Lodge. The past two trips we ate at Whispering Canyon, so we're doing Artist Point this year.

We're doing Yak and Yeti for the second time this year, and I see that as becoming a repeat too.

Quick services we've almost always hit are Pecos Bill's and Cosmic Ray's.

Fun topic. :mickey:

TheHD
05-02-2012, 03:51 PM
It's Cosmic Rays for me. The food isn't as good as I once remember, but there's nothing like listening and watching Sonny Eclipse and telling his usual jokes. He's also got one or two songs that I enjoy.

cuteduck223
05-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Casey's and Garden Grill.

Although, im not much for change, and find myself making the same (or mostly the same) reservations every time for our sit downs.

This trip for the first time we're trying Boma, Hollywood and Vine, and whispering canyon.

We're changing the meal for: 1900 Park Fare for dinner (we've done breakfast), Crystal palace Dinner (we've done breakfast), and cape may breakfast (we've done dinner).

Someday, we'll try all those epcot world showcase places...haha. :blush:

buzznwoodysmom
05-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Ohana is the only place we have to do, and have done, on every single trip.:lei:

lizerbug
05-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Ohana! It is our absolutely MUST DO even though there are other places that we love.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Columbia Harbour House TS in the MK
Fish and Chips TS in England in the WS

Those are my must haves for all of WDW. I don't have a MUST have TS as of yet because I've not yet really had a bad meal - well, I was underwhelmed by Capt' Jack in DTD so will not return there.

Kenny1113
05-02-2012, 06:50 PM
What consider my must do is Boma. We have done it on a few trips, however not all the time because we also like to try new things.

A must is to eat a TS dinner in EPCOT

While in MK I have to get the lighthouse (? I'm not sure of he name, just whats in it:blush:) at CHH

DH has to get a coffee and a cinnamon roll (this can vary, but it is usually some kind of breakfast sweet) at main street bakery.

The kids must have is a Mickey ice cream for one and Mickey ice cream sandwich for the other.this is the only ice cream he will eat. Ahh the magic of disney :mickey:

GBBT
05-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Pecos Bills,Ray's Starlight Cafe and a new one we discovered at CHRISTmas last year....Earl of Sandwich!!!:thumbsup:

texas211
05-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Have to stop for chocolate/caramel desserts in Germany...

mook3y
05-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Our "must do" is to try a new restaurant(s) that we have not ate at yet.

Favorites include: Boma for breakfast, Narcoossee's (usually our parents night out, but we are taking our kids this year) and Kona Cafe.

Ohana has always been at the top of the list for us, but we opted out this year. We just were not as impressed last time. :( So we opted for new restaurants.

MissMaryPoppins
05-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Before moving to Florida my family's must eat restaurants on trips down were Brown Derby and Cape May for table service. Our favorite counter service places are the ones with foods besides burgers on the menu. We love Pecos Bill's, the counter service spot in Morrocco, and after doing Keys to the kingdom we became fans of Columbia Harbor house. We also love Olivia's and have had a few special occasion dinners there.

disneynarula
05-03-2012, 06:54 AM
For me: I have to have a school bread from Norway!

We always have lunch at the Sci Fi and dinner at Boma.

MrPeetrie
05-03-2012, 08:06 AM
I love these types of threads. It shows why there's so much appeal.

For us, it's Hoop Dee Do Review. Great food. Good time. We HAVE to do it each trip.

Another is the Crystal Palace, but this year we are skipping it. (First time in past 7 trips.) We just want to mix it up a bit.

CuteAsMinnie
05-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Columbian Harbor House...DD always looks forward to the best tuna sandwich she has ever had! This is always our first meal of the trip!

Chefs de France... always our special dinner

Beer and Brats from the little place in Germany tucked away in the back of the courtyard.... amazing!

and of course... Mickey Bars!

Airblue1
05-03-2012, 08:40 PM
50's PrimeTime

Fastpasssteve
05-04-2012, 12:47 AM
Here are the restaurants my friends and I must visit during each trip:

1. California Grill
2. 'Ohana
3. Boma (for either breakfast or dinner)
4. Biergarten (lunch - it's cheaper)
5. Columbia Harbour House (Good food in the MK that is inexpensive, less crowded seating, and good bathroom.)
AND about every other time:
6. Garden View Lounge - Afternoon Tea
:chef:

Pocahontas
05-05-2012, 07:06 PM
'Ohanas (dinner):number1:
Dole Whip Float (snack):cloud9:
Columbian Harbor House (lunch):thumbsup:

Ohhh, my mouth is watering and I won't be there until October!:(

Jared
05-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Ice cream sandwiches from the Main Street Bakery!

P.Sherman42
05-05-2012, 07:55 PM
1. Brown Derby
2. California Grill
3. Narcoossee's

AJ Springfield
05-06-2012, 08:30 AM
We discovered the funnel cakes at Sleepy Hollow (MK) and Dole Whips back in 2006 and have eaten them ever since.

Disdad13
05-07-2012, 04:53 PM
For us, it wouldn't be a trip to Disney without a lunch at Flame Tree and a dinner at Ohana:cloud9:

Bethanymouse
05-07-2012, 08:25 PM
We would never miss breakfast at Kona- what would disney be without Tonga Toast and mac nut pancakes?

We also always visit Le Cellier and Ohana's.

Most visits we either go to CA grill or Artist Point.

And Wolfgang is a MUST for my DH!

JerseyDad
05-07-2012, 10:46 PM
.....being 'creatures of habit'...there are a few "must-eat-at" spots in WDW for us:

1st night at WDW we go to Downtown Disney..and eat at Planet Hollywood.

We always have a character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.

And there are always dinners at Teppan Edo and at 50's Prime Time

Mickey'sGirl
05-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Alas, our list is getting smaller and smaller each year. We do always go to Chef Mickey's at our youngest son's request, but there are very few places we are set on any more. I always enjoy some Crumb Cake from the Main Street Bakery, and we also consume more than our share of :bar: :bar: . My sons are half ice cream by the time we return from the World!

madhatterrules
05-11-2012, 10:40 PM
O'Hana
Le Cellier
and BOMA:mickey:

ANG
05-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Well my must do is Chef Mickey's for breakfast. And DH's is Mama Melrose's in HS

comicguy
05-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Our must do eats include:

Pineapple Dole Whip Float
Flame Tree
Sunshine Seasons
Grand Floridian Cafe
Le Celleir - Lunch
Kona
Coral Reef