PDA

View Full Version : sweet 16

disney obsessed
05-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Monday we spent the day at the Magic Kingdom. we arrived by 9:15 and my two older girls were able to ride everything they wanted to ride by 1:30! DD16 and I took more time but we were much more relaxed in our approach. We even left the MK for a couple of hours in the afternoon to go to the AKL for lunch. We love their Caesar and zebra domes.

Met up with DD22 and 18 about seven. spent the evening together enjoying fireworks, the electrical parade and short lines. I did get COLD that evening. we had worn our sweatshirts all day and needed more than that after the sun went down. left the park at 10 due to being cold. Very unusual for us as we are know to close the park down.

A quick story about DD16. She has been pin trading since she was 5. She finally decided to get an adult size lanyard on this trip.
We were in line for pirate and there was a child behind us that was wearing a birthday pin. DD decided to give her her little lanyard and a pin so that it could continue it's life with a child. the child was thrilled and the parents were touched.

Great trip. wish we could go again this week!

KylesMom
05-02-2012, 03:38 PM
What a wonderful 16th birthday trip for DD and the rest of your family - low crowds, lots of attractions and zebra domes! By the gesture of your daughter to pass her lanyard down to another child, it sounds like she really has turned into "sweet"!

Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

faline
05-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Passing on her lanyard is such a nice gesture! What a great trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-05-2012, 04:17 PM
What a lovely gesture, thanks for the report