PDA

View Full Version : Healthy eats? Suggestions please ....

Diznut
05-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Can't believe this time next week we'll be in Disney! Can't wait.

I would love some suggestions on which counter service locations have a decent variety of healthy choices on their adult menu in the 4 parks and downtown. Thank you in advance!

Tinkerbella16
05-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Sunshine Seasons in Epcot in the Land Pavilion has some great healthy choices and everything is so fresh!

ledudes
05-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Earl of Sandwich in DD has good salads. Columbia Harbour house in MK has tuna or a hummus and broccoli slaw sandwich that is good and seems kind of healthy. You could probably get quiche or a sandwich in france. I think most places tend to have a healthy option.

SBETigg
05-02-2012, 11:11 AM
I think there's a healthy choice or two at every CS venue now. They've even made an effort to make not-healthy choices healthier, switching to whole grains for buns and less fatty meats (like with the hot dogs, which used to be all beef, now a mix of beef and chicken). In Liberty Square, there's a place that has baked sweet potatoes. I only recently found out about that one. I think it's near the Christmas shop.

BrerGnat
05-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Most CS locations have at least a wrap, salad, or grilled chicken sandwich as a "healthy" offering.

Also, most resort CS locations have several healthy options, so if you don't find anything suitable in the park, head to the nearest resort and check out the offerings there.

CuteAsMinnie
05-03-2012, 04:28 PM
You can get salads just about anywhere. Skip the cheese and dressing on the side (or bring your own little packets from home).

Turkey sandwiches ( no cheese or mayo) are always a good option.

If you just skip the fries and soda, easy on the empty calories of the bread and heavy on the water, you'll come out fine.

Fastpasssteve
05-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Tinkerbella16 is so right. Sunshine Seasons offers the widest variety of many types of food, healthy and otherwise. You will find several lower-fat options there.

If you get the
Oak-fired Rotisserie Chicken - with black beans and yellow rice
OR the
Oak-grilled Fish - with seasonal vegetables you'd be fine.

It has a lot to do with your choices there. But their Key Lime Pie is sure good.

Auroring Good Time
05-04-2012, 01:11 PM
The Backlot Express in DHS has a grilled veggie panini that is delicious. In Liberty Square, at MK there is a stand that sells baked potatos. Yak & Yeti at AK has some great dishes. I love their shrimp lo mein and they had a grilled fish that was very good too.

Diznut
05-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Thank you all!