PDA

View Full Version : Spring Mother/daughter trip Final morning

Katzateer
05-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Our plan was to check in with Magical Express, get some breakfast and snacks to take home and pick up a few items at the gift shop.

When we gave our information for our flight the lady helping us said there was a problem and went to the back to check another computer. The other lady working the counter started checking the computer while we were talking. The first lady came back and said she talked to Air Tran and they had overbooked and sold our seats and we were no longer going to be able to make that flight.

WHAT??

I asked her how that could have happened and she said it had been happening a lot and I needed to contact the airline directly because she couldn't help me anymore.

So after two try's and 20 minutes I finally got through to Air Tran and was told there was no problem and we had our seats on our flight.

I was getting a little nervous since I had been told two different things and still wasn't checked in for our flight.

I went to the POP counter to get a copy of our lodging bill ( one had not been delivered to the room when we left). I was talking to the cast member and told her about my problem with Magical Express and she said to wait a minute -she wanted to check on something.

She came back with a manager and they gave me a taxi voucher I could go to the airport earlier than Magical Express would let me go, so I could get this all straightened out with the airline.

That was so NICE and unexpected. When we got to the airport I gave my flight information to the man at the ticket counter and had our boarding pass in my hands in less than a minute.

Not sure what happened with ME but they certainly weren't very helpful and ruined last few hours at WDW.

And the front desk at POP certainly went out f their way to help me!

We got breakfast and relaxed until our flight.

KylesMom
05-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Wow, talk about some serious miscommunication! I'm curious - was this specifically Magical Express, or Disney's Airline Check-In service that created the unnecessary stress your last day?! What a fiasco. At least the desk CMs at POP went out their way to assist you when you needed it. Sorry your last morning at Disney was marred like this!

Katzateer
05-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Wow, talk about some serious miscommunication! I'm curious - was this specifically Magical Express, or Disney's Airline Check-In service that created the unnecessary stress your last day?!!

I guess it could have been Disney's Airline Check-in service. I walked up to the counter and that is where they ask your flight information and give you your boarding passes. I always though that was run by the Magical Express/Mears.

Have never had a problem with getting checked in for our flights before. Not sure what caused the confusion but was really glad we made our scheduled flight.:thumbsup:

faline
05-02-2012, 07:33 PM
What a stressful way to end your trip! Glad it all worked out and that Disney was so helpful to you!

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Scary, I would have been upset

shadowden
05-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Glad that everything worked out fine in the end!

vizsla
05-15-2012, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the report.

January-2007
05-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Thanks for reporting.