PDA

View Full Version : Live from WDW and Universal - Day 1 - May 1, 2012

hope2survive
05-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Hi all. Writing to you from the Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista.

Got up at 4:00 am and uneventful flight with no problems. Got rental car and got to AK about 10:30. Got FP's for safari although only 20 min wait and then literally walked on EE twice in a row with no wait in standby. Back to safari. I didn't know that they had changed the whole script and story. I miss the part with the music on the radio. It seemed like they really jammed up a lot of ride vehicles which made it a little less special but we saw lots of great animals in plain view. There was another part with geysers of water I don't remember either.

Rode Primevil Whirl which I still don't like. Nothing special and jerks me around too much. But my son liked it. Should have said this trip is just me and my 12 year old son. Rode Dinosaur and then ITTBAB. New nets there above queue and they look permanent and good like they fit the theme. We entered a different door, did not go through the little "tunnel" as normal in the queue.

After that headed to Epcot. Rented a car and have diamond parking pass which I am beginning to learn means more walking. Went to get FP for Soarin. This was about 2:00 and return time was 6:05. Fooled around in Innovations and did Piggy Bank game and IBM make your own video game. Rode SE. Went to Ice Station Cool. Beverly doesnt get better with age. :ack:

Did orange version of Mission Space. Only my second time and proud to say I did ok. Was worried about it. You really have to focus hard on the video. DS thought it was cool. More Innoventions. New dream hose was open but ran out of time for dinner ADR at Garden Grill.

My first time there. Food was pretty good. Not what was on the menu I found on Intercot. Tilapia, very rare steak with mashed potatoes, roast turkey and stuffing, garden salad, blueberry cobbler for dessert. DS didn't eat too much as not all his favorites. Characters were great - very animated and interactive. Some parents should mind their children though is all I am saying.

After dinner did LWTL - nappy time - and turned in FP for Soarin. Still LOVE this attraction. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Didn't last till Illuminations. Just too beat and feet too soar.

faline
05-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Long and busy first day!!