PDA

View Full Version : Post Trip Thoughts-Return from Riverside....

RavsRuleDisney!
05-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Hope all enjoyed the posts from the trip. A few random thoughts:

* Not going with the meal plan was a $$ saver. With a little advanced planning we were able to avoid starvation, throw in a few pre-made sit down ressies AND save some bucks. Missed grabbing a monster turkey leg however. A meal all by itself :thumbsup:

* Crowds IMO were not terrible for a holiday week. Would love to go more "off season" but with school it's a tough call to pull them out for more than a day or two. And DW is seriously heat adverse so summer is a big NO!

* Parked our SUV right outside our building - and didn't move it until we left. Disney transportation never a problem in all our trips

* DS' really into the ol' pin trading this trip. They pre planned what sets they were looking for and my younger one was a hawk, spotting every lanyard wearing CM within 100 yards! :)
Stinks that when you leave the gates their trading comes to a crashing halt. Hey, beats those hours spent in character lines grabbing autographs - boys enjoyed it of course but could try my patience at times

* The Fantasyland expansion looks to be much bigger than I thought. Based on the artist rendering on a temporary wall and the fact that when we left early when Wishes was going on they walked us out a side exit along the back of the buildings on Main Street. It was cool to get that perspective and it just seems like the new "land" is going to be HUGE when finished. Can't wait to visit the finished product

* Already planning a potential 4-5 day trip in Nov. with sis & bro in law and their 4 kiddies. We shall see.... :plot:

faline
05-01-2012, 06:38 PM
In my experience, eschewing the dining plan most often results in savings!

BrerGnat
05-01-2012, 06:43 PM

Ditto.

Glad you had a good trip. I love going at Spring break time. It really is the best time to be there!

January-2007
05-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Thanks for sharing!

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the report

JWB3
05-22-2012, 02:54 PM

Agreed, and love the play on words! :mickey:

19 more days and off to POR!!