PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Sanford International Airport

disneyduggan
05-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Anyone ever flown in to sfb? Any tips or information? :mickey:

Itchy
05-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Anyone ever flown in to sfb? Any tips or information? :mickey:

I have flown in to Orlando a few times. What were you looking for in particular?

Were you looking to find where you would catch Magical Express?

Most things in the airport are well marked so getting lost is hard to do. I have also gone to the airport web site to see where the various gates are located in relation to the main terminal. The gates are in an X configuration in relation to the terminal.

Hope this helps a little...:mickey:

paulsheri
05-01-2012, 03:15 PM
TO Itchy.....Disneyduggan wants info for SFB you are giving them the layout for MCO,, I never flew into Sanford,, Sorry

Itchy
05-01-2012, 03:36 PM
TO Itchy.....Disneyduggan wants info for SFB you are giving them the layout for MCO,, I never flew into Sanford,, Sorry

Oh! Am I red faced..:blush::oops:

Thanks for pointing that out to me. I guess I did not read well enough..:look:

disneyduggan
05-01-2012, 03:45 PM
I've been to Orlando many times...but, have never flown into this airport.

I know it is farther away from WDW and other attractions.

I know there is no Magical Express.

Just wondering if people had tips relating to the actual airport, distance to international drive, ease of getting around...

Itchy
05-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Well let me try again..

I have never flown there myself, but I just looked at the Sanford International web site and they have a link which has an Orlando area map. I see that you can get on Hwy 417 and it will take you to Disney and International Dr. It looks like it will be about 26 miles to International Dr and I-4 area.

Again hope this helps and sorry for the confusion...:mickey:

disneyduggan
05-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I didn't notice that link...I'll check it out. We are saving so much money by flying in there!

faline
05-01-2012, 06:16 PM
It's a little further away than Orlando International and your transportation options will cost you more because you don't have the option of using Magical Express, you'll either need to rent a car or use a transportion service. You might consider Quicksilver who is an Intercot sponsor!

BluegrassDaisy
05-01-2012, 07:51 PM
I just booked a flight into Sanford, because I could not only save a lot of $$$, I can get a direct flight! I have flown into Sanford 1 other time a few years ago. Like previous posters said, there is no ME from Sanford. You have to figure in the cost of transportation to your resort. For both trips, I have found that the most cost effective route is to rent a car for 1 day at the airport, then return at the WDW Car Care center. Then reverse this to get back to the airport. This also gives you the opportunity to make your own stop for groceries and supplies en route to Disney. Hope this helps. I miss flying into MCO and the convenience of ME, but the lower cost and direct flight make it more than worth it to me.

DonLefNY
05-02-2012, 07:46 AM
I've never flown into or out of Sanford, but I did take a brother and law there to catch a flight. It's is very small compared to Orlando so it's easy to get around it. I stayed with him for a bit and it seemed at times like we were the only people there.

disney obsessed
05-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Hi.

I have done this twice in the past 5 months. it is a very small airport. allegiant is the only carrier that is not an international carrier. no lines, easy navigation. it takes 45 min to an hour to drive to Disney. this last time we took the toll road and I was surprised at how many toll stops there are. costs about 7 dollars. But there was no traffic and an easy ride.
Even with renting a car for several days, we save hundreds of dollars flying into Sanford.
I miss Mco, the tram there and ME, but if I get the chance to go, ..........

disneyduggan
05-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Thank you for the awesome information!

azcavalier
05-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Flew into Sanford for years, as we could get non-stop from Roanoke, VA to Sanford for as little as $29 per person each way. Soooo much cheaper than MCO, and so much easier to get in and out of. Yes, it's a bit of a drive, but if you just head over to I-4 and drive through Orlando, you'll miss the tolls.

When we do this, we always rent a car. We save more than enough to pay for it, plus we just love having a car at WDW. Then we can hit WalMart for supplies (so we don't have to pack them), we hit the outlet malls on the way down (there are two outlet malls with Disney outlets in them....park merchandise on clearance!), etc, etc.

Honestly, because of how long it takes to check in and get through security at MCO when you're leaving, I think that driving the extra 45 minutes to Sanford, and then checking in there, is still faster than flying out of MCO. And it's cheaper.