PDA

View Full Version : FW cabins or another new place

Crow
05-01-2012, 11:51 AM
one of the few places I have never stayed. one reason being the price. GF would like to cook for me at least once. if we do pull off a trip (last 2 times she couldnt go for a trip i had booked) she said we should go to one we havent been to before.
Ive heard of services that will deliver groceries. How is the kitchen area and the rest of the cabin. and the walks or bus time to Pioneer Hall, avoiding the costly golf cart
Previous trips her and I stayed at POP,CBR and WL
I have never stayed at DVC places, GF,Poly, BW,YC. I dont really have an interest in GF or YC. I like POFQ, CS. she picked FWC and mentioned Allstars before.
we may split a stay. I would like to try Art of Animation but its just the 2 of us and the single rooms wont b open til Sept.
so opinions on FWC. and suggestions for another place

cuteduck223
05-01-2012, 01:55 PM
we love the cabins. they have a nice porch/deck area with a grill and picnic table outside. The kitchen is small, but we've made countless meals with no problem. We typically take all our non-perishables and then just buy a few things once we arrive. Garden Grocer delivers, and they also have some things like milk, eggs, hotdogs, etc (but they cost more) at the trading post.

The internal bus system is pretty reliable that runs from end to end. Never had to wait more than 2-3 minutes for a bus. You do need to plan a little extra time since you have to take the internal bus to either the boat dock (hoop-de-doo, trails end, etc) or to the outpost to catch the bus to epcot, HS, AK.

Overall, we love it, its quiet, you get your own space, and have found it to usually be a good value for us.

Crow
05-03-2012, 02:12 PM
thanks for the info. might still be a possibility for a few nights and split stay w another place

TheHD
05-04-2012, 02:18 PM
5 of us stayed at the Cabins for 9 nights back in 2006. It was nice and spacious, but I wouldn't do it again. I enjoy walking to different areas within the resort and walking within the FWCabins wasn't very exciting. You have to pretty much take the buses just to get around the resort (or take your own car, which we had a rental) depending on where you're at.

The pools weren't anything special either in my opinion.

If you enjoy feeling isolated, such as during camping, then you'd probably really enjoy it.

I did enjoy it, just not as much as the other resorts I've stayed at, including the POP.