PDA

View Full Version : Spring mother/daughter Trip Day 2, Part 1

Katzateer
05-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Up way too early but we are only at WDW for the weekend!:mickey:

The parks were crowded - lots of large groups. They were having the Worlds Cheerleading Competition groups in masses in the parks. I was worried when I first saw the groups. We have had horrible experiences with the Pop Warner groups in the past. No problems with these groups. Other than seeing masses of them entering and exiting the parks ( and I mean MASSES- I saw one group fill one of the boats going to the ticket and transportation center from MK. That boat probably holds 500 people? ) they must have broken into much smaller groups in the parks

We started with the new Fantasyland and Dumbo at MK. The one Dumbo open is very nice and most people did not go straight to it so it wasn't crowded like normal. Saw more families with strollers coming that way when we were leaving Dumbo-probably had trouble finding it!

Can't wait for the entire area to open -so much area and it looks like it will be amazing!:cloud9:

We covered all of Fantasyland and then headed to Haunted Mansion- enjoyed visiting all my ghostly friends:thumbsup:. Next a great lunch/late breakfast at Columbia Harbour House.
I got the fish and chicken basket with fries. Stephanie got the lobster roll with broccoli. We shared and it was all very tasty.

Next stop Sunshine Terrace and Florida Sunbird! T shirts!! Pin!! Ok, got my 70's fix-could almost taste the free orange juice from the visitors center!!:cool:

I have not ridden the Pirates in years. I was thinking the dip was a lot more than it was. The ride was ok but not as thrilling as my memory of the one at Disneyland. Also saw the actor giving the Pirate show. Stephanie said he did very good portraying Johnny Depp, wished we had seen more of it. But it was hot and no shade and never made it back to that part of the park.

Dole Whips next:cloud9::mickey:Just wish the bowls were a little deeper. Had the yummy treat running down my fingers before we even crossed the bridge out of Adventureland!

Stopped in some shops on way out and on to EPCOT!

The cheerleaders were all older than the POP groups and very well behaved.

There were also some sports teams and music groups from high schools singing at Downtown Disney and EPCOT.

Katzateer
05-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Those last 2paragraphs were up at the top of the post but some how ended up at the end-hard to make changes on this ipad :(

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the report

faline
05-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Glad you found an uncrowded Dumbo - that's pretty unusual!

emerzmom
05-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Yummy Dole Whip! I am glad the cheer crowds were well behaved.
:mickey:
Julie

shadowden
05-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Good start to your second day!

We always eat at Columbia Harbor House during our stay. I'm a bit more mundane though, usually opting for the chicken strip / french fry combo.

KylesMom
05-02-2012, 02:21 PM
So far its a great morning at MK for you and your daughter. It's refreshing to hear that the groups were well-behaved, too! :mickey:

vizsla
05-07-2012, 04:31 AM
Thanks for the report.

January-2007
05-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks for reporting.