PDA

View Full Version : Is walking possible?

BugeyedMuggy
05-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Are you able to walk from OKW to POR. On google earth it shows some sort of a service road. Also how long is the walk from OKW to DTD and does it end up on West side? Thanks for any knowledge.

ledudes
05-01-2012, 09:43 AM
I guess you could walk anywhere if you really wanted, but I don't imagine it would be an easy walk.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-01-2012, 09:46 AM
You *could* walk from OKW to POR, but it would be alongside a busy road, with no sidewalks, so it really isn't recommended.

It really is much safer (and quicker) to take Disney transportation.

Crow
05-01-2012, 12:01 PM
it would b nice if you could walk to some of these other places. like the Boardwalk area.
have you stayed at OKW.

Patricia
05-01-2012, 12:59 PM
I believe that IS a walking trail between the OKW and PO resorts. If you look at this picture this pedestrian crossing sign is at the mouth of that trail.
I took this photo using google earth street view.. I walk everywhere I can when I'm at WDW and google earth is my best source of info. I have all my paths marked out before I leave home. I do not see a safe path between OKW and DTD. There is a grass edge along the road, but occasionally it turns into shrubbery, not fun. I would not use the golf cart trails as that is frowned upon. Also, watch where you may end up, they do have gators there.

DizneyRox
05-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Also, watch where you may end up, they do have gators there.
I try to walk every chance I get, but this is rule number one. There's gators in them thar woods! If you aren't sure, don't...

BugeyedMuggy
05-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks everyone. We decided to rent a car to keep things safe. This is our first time at OKW using DVC points and last minute was the only resort besides SSR available. Guess we need to plan alittle more in advance during July.

ThanxForNoticin
05-02-2012, 12:23 PM
I do not see a safe path between OKW and DTD. There is a grass edge along the road, but occasionally it turns into shrubbery, not fun.

I'm not 100% of the answer to the OPs question, but I know for a fact there is an excellent walk/jog path from OKW to DTD/SSR and back. I've done it many times. It starts out the back of the OKW resort, goes along the water and golf course, and brings you out near SSR. I know at one time I got a map from the cast member at the front desk showing the route. Once you find the starting point at OKW, the rest is signed reasonably well.