PDA

View Full Version : Spring mother/daughter trip Day 1, Part 1

Katzateer
05-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Fantastic weather, great time! Our weekend trip to WDW for the EPCOT flower show and my birthday was great! Stephanie leaves for college in the fall and is our youngest so this was a wonderful memory trip for me.

We took a train to the Philadelphia airport. I have not heard good things about this airport and we normally fly out of BWI but we had no problems with the airport or Air Tran. And we got to start our trip with the Earl of Sandwich since they have a location in the airport terminal!:thumbsup:

Arrival at MCO -no problems with getting to POP. Magical Express was quick and easy.

I had not done online check -in but it took less than 5 minutes to get out room keys. We were assigned a room in the 90's section so I asked to be moved to the 50's section, top floor. No problem.

When we got to the room we unpacked. The section we were in wasn't crowded-did not hear much activity from rooms around ours. The room on one side had 3 large bags with outlet mall shoe boxes and paper trash sitting outside the door. That trash sat there for the entire weekend. It didn't bother us but shame on housekeeping for not removing it!!

Our room was fine -we have stayed at POP and know what to expect. The towels were not very soft and are thin-they need to replace them. Our beds were comfortable except the pillows were large and not very soft-probably new cheaper pillows. The room was clean enough but it probably should we due for an upgrade.

There was a towel puppy in the window but it had no EYES or any stickers on it. Just a folded towel. Whoever in housekeeping that took care of these either has no clue to the charm of these or just didn't care. other rooms had the plain white towel shapes sitting in the window looking sad and non-magical.

Whenever the room was last serviced the housekeeper did not finish getting it restocked. We had no TOLIET paper. I called housekeeping to get some brought up and some extra towels.

After unpacking we were off to Kona's.

SBETigg
05-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Last trip with the youngest before college, been there. She still wants to go back (so does my oldest), so I think we'll still have some family trips ahead. I'm glad you're enjoying this time together!

A note on towel animals-- they used to be just towels, no extra stickers or details. And they were still magical for us. It always makes me smile when I see the unembellished ones, actually. I find it all the more charming, for some reason.

Katzateer
05-01-2012, 10:09 AM
A note on towel animals-- they used to be just towels, no extra stickers or details. And they were still magical for us. It always makes me smile when I see the unembellished ones, actually. I find it all the more charming, for some reason.

Really? Never have seen them without some kind of decoration. They looked sad and lonely to me.

And we have always had great towel animals even at value and moderate resorts so I was surprised to see them naked:D

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks for report. Pop has been our least favorite resort so far.

faline
05-01-2012, 06:23 PM
You're there and ready to enjoy some mother/daughter time - what could be better than that?!

emerzmom
05-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Other than a few minor issues it sounds like a great start to your vacation. Can't wait to read more!
:mickey:
Julie

shadowden
05-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Sounds like a good start to your trip!

That trash sat there for the entire weekend. It didn't bother us but shame on housekeeping for not removing it!!

Shame about this. Given that HSK must have stopped by each day to turn-down your beds, this makes me wonder why they would have left it there each day...

KylesMom
05-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Glad your flight was uneventful, Magical Express delivered you to POP promptly, and you were given the section you wanted. Sounds like a great start - looking forward to reading your reports! :mickey:

vizsla
05-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the report.

January-2007
05-18-2012, 08:53 AM
Thanks for reporting.