PDA

View Full Version : WDW Weather Forecast - May 31-June 16, 2012

Strmchsr
05-01-2012, 07:48 AM
I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss Sundays), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. If you want to see the exact conditions for your travel dates over the last few years, go to our historic weather page in Info Central here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp). Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Updated Thursday pm, May 31, 2012
The high today should hit 92 with only a slight chance of a brief shower. Tomorrow afternoon through early Saturday morning showers and thunderstorms will be pretty numerous and widespread as a front moves through. It's definitely possible the rain could be gone by park opening on Saturday, but be prepared just in case. The high tomorrow should be 85-87 depending on when the rain arrives. Saturday will be 84-86. The ridge builds back pretty quickly and Sunday through Tuesday will be mostly dry with highs 90-92. There's always that slight risk of an afternoon thunderstorm. Wednesday another front will bring the potential for showers and thunderstorms with the high 88-90. Thursday goes back to around 90 with sea breeze thunderstorms.

Long range...June 8-16 looks pretty normal for early summer. Highs in the mostly low to (occasionally) mid 90s with about a 40% chance of brief afternoon thunderstorm. Interestingly, the GFS has a hurricane in the Gulf on June 16. I'm skeptical enough about voodooland, but especially voodooland hurricanes. However, the GFS was right about Alberto and Beryl in the long run, so we'll see if any consistency develops with this idea.

Travel Impact :plane: :truck: :drive:
At 1:15 pm CDT, only Chicago is dealing with a delay due to low visibility. For tomorrow delays will be possible over GA, FL, SC, NC, VA, WV, MD, DC, DE, eastern PA, NJ, and NYC.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here (http://homepage.mac.com/lesposen/iblog/B80495344/C2128971884/E162746321/index.html) and here (http://homepage.mac.com/lesposen/iblog/B80495344/C2128971884/index.html) to learn a lot about turbulence. Those two articles should be very helpful in allowing you to understand turbulence and flight safety when it hits. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

Tropics :fan:
Nothing going on. And, as I stated before, just because we've had 2 named storms before the official start to hurricane season does NOT mean you need to expect a higher than normal season. The only 2 previous times in recorded weather history we've had 2 storms before the "official" start saw below normal seasons overall. With El Nino developing looks like this season will be right around normal and could end up below normal.

MinnieMommie
05-13-2012, 09:49 AM
My daughter had to postpone her trip till the 21st because of a death in the family.We have been closely watching the potential for a tropical depression developing during her trip. We are thrilled that the models have changed regarding this and will continue to follow your reports. We are 2 generations who follow you in this family. Enjoy the rest of your trip and happy mothers day to your mom and wife.:mickey:

Crow
05-14-2012, 12:40 AM
thanks for keeping it up.
just booked a trip to WL CL for end of this month..lets see if it actually happens

Strmchsr
05-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Enjoy the rest of your trip and happy mothers day to your mom and wife.:mickey:

Thanks so much! We had a great day. And things are looking pretty good for you guys right now. Hopefully it will stay that way.

thanks for keeping it up.

Hopefully you'll be able to make it. We've really enjoyed the WL. Stayed lots of places and found this one to be one of our favs.

Crow
05-20-2012, 11:03 PM
hope you had a good trip. i arrive next wk and appreciate the updates

Strmchsr
05-21-2012, 07:52 AM
hope you had a good trip. i arrive next wk and appreciate the updates

Had a lot of fun. On one hand it rained every day of the week and we only had blue skies 1 day. But, on the other hand, temps were low 80s all week and when it did rain it was only for an hour or two, so not too bad. Mixed bag on the weather, but I'll take the cooler temps! Hope you have a great trip.

tjstrike
05-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the forecast Chris, it is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

IloveJack
05-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Love it when the forecast includes my trip dates ( or at least the beginning). Thanks for updating us!

Crow
05-26-2012, 01:26 PM
thanks. flying in tues morning so hope that doesnt interfere

Strmchsr
05-26-2012, 01:51 PM
thanks. flying in tues morning so hope that doesnt interfere

I don't think it will. Expect some bumpiness as you fly over the system but I think you'll have no problems with your flight making it in on time.

Crow
05-27-2012, 11:08 AM
thanks. my friend is driving to the panhandle to check in on his house that he rents out after we land tuesday, so hope both Orlando and the panhandle area will b ok
have a good holiday

Strmchsr
05-27-2012, 01:07 PM
thanks. my friend is driving to the panhandle to check in on his house that he rents out after we land tuesday, so hope both Orlando and the panhandle area will b ok
have a good holiday

I'll give the models a hard look and post an update around 2 CDT. Happy Memorial Day to you, too!

Crow
05-28-2012, 01:53 PM
so a bumpy plane ride tomorrow morning from Philly possibly. thanks for the updates

Strmchsr
05-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Definitely expect that. You'll be flying along a front most of the way and then hit what's left of Beryl as it moves out to sea. So, I don't think it should be a huge deal, but just be prepared for it. Especially in the morning I think you'll be okay. Most of the storms up around Philly will be after noon. As for your friend driving to the panhandle, maybe some rain and thunderstorms, but nothing to worry about.