PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood and Vine (dinner)

disneynarula
04-30-2012, 05:33 AM
I am thinking about the Fantasmic dinner package. We are already eating at Via Napoli so I don't want to do Italian food twice.

What are your experiences with Hollywood and Vine?

ANG
04-30-2012, 06:33 AM
We didn't care for it. The food was just ok but we felt it was kinda dirty.

DizneyRox
04-30-2012, 07:00 AM
Worst most disgusting meal I've had on property, service was also pretty shoddy. I get a bad taste in my mouth just walking by the place.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-30-2012, 08:41 AM
The service was fine, but the food was kind of a let down...

SBETigg
04-30-2012, 09:49 AM
We did the Fantasmic package with H & V years ago. It wasn't awful. We're not fans of buffets, and it was a fairly standard buffet experience, nothing special and we haven't gone back but not dreadful. I would consider Hollywood Brown Derby or maybe end up with Italian twice in one trip. I think Mama Melrose and Via Napoli are entirely different experiences, so maybe reconsider.

Gator
05-02-2012, 01:52 AM
My wife and kids seem to like it, but I'm not a huge fan of it. I will say that the last time I was there, some of the food was really good. Not all, but enough to fill my plate a few times. It's not Crystal Palace caliber, and the dessert has much to be desired. But it gets you into Fantasmic, and the kids like it better than Mama's Melrose. I prefer MM, but majority rules when it comes to eating. Ok, ok, kids rule.:D

MrPeetrie
05-02-2012, 07:57 AM
We ate there last October. Service was very good. I loved it. DW thought it was just ok.

MNNHFLTX
05-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Some friends and I did the Fantasmic package at Hollywood and Vine last October and were very pleasantly surprised. Most of the food was quite good, with some unique and even healthy offerings; I especially enjoyed the salad selection.

I didn't think the restaurant looked dirty, but with all the kids in there, it was noisy! Not the best place to go for a peaceful dinner, but I would dine there again.

DANAM
05-02-2012, 12:38 PM
We love Hollywood and Vine we have had lunch and dinner there every trip and always had great service and really good food. I know it always gets really bad reviews on this board but we enjoy it. I am going at the end of the month I can let you know how it goes.

dizneydeb22
05-02-2012, 03:18 PM
We have had positive experiences each time we have been there. We didn't find it to be particularly dirty...but we did go during off times so it wasn't very crowded.

We did it as part of the Fantasmic package also.

darthmacho
05-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Have enjoyed several meals there, a great breakfast in 1999, and nice dinners in 1998 and 2003. We're giving it another try in 2012, but admittedly, my reviews are rather outdated, so it could be a totally different experience this time.

I tend to enjoy buffets because I accept that the food will at best be standard fare.

ldc12377
05-13-2012, 10:00 AM
We ate there last year with the fantasmic package and loved it. Already have it booked again for this years trip. The food was good, the service as good, it was clean... It did get a little loud but most Disney restaurants do and we have three kids so we wouldn't know what to do in a quite restaurant...LOL I would recommend it especially with the fantasmic package... Such an added bonus to an already great meal.