PDA

View Full Version : Captain's Grille Reviews

disneynarula
04-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Looking for reviews on the Captain's Grille!

DizneyRox
04-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Really good food, seemingly casual atmosphere, but prices are on par with a more upscale restaurant.

I like it, we'd go for lunch if we went back. Nothing wrong with it, cept the price for what you get.

RedSoxFan
04-29-2012, 05:14 PM
We ate dinner at Captain's Grille in November 2011. It was wonderful. One of the best meals the entire week. Highly recommend it.

sassafras
04-29-2012, 08:35 PM
We had dinner there on Friday night. Steak was very good as were the accompanying potatoes. Not much on brocollini, but it wasn't bad. Dessert was very good. The restaurant wasn't crowded at all and we were not rushed. Had a very attentive waitress. Very relaxing and a nice end to a hectic week. Will definitely go back.

spoiledraf
04-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Great Place to eat. I put it on par with the Grand Floridian Cafe. Excellent food but just not on the radar for most people. And usually easy to get in to.

sportsguy2315
04-29-2012, 10:13 PM
DGF and I went last January and we were pretty impressed with it. The service was quite good, as was the food. We also had a very good view of the sunset over Crescent Lake.

disneynarula
04-30-2012, 02:06 AM
Thanks! I think we will go for it. We always try to eat at a new TS each trip and I am running out of places to try.

BrerGnat
04-30-2012, 09:39 AM
They have an AMAZING breakfast buffet there in the mornings. It's really good, and VERY well priced since it's not a character meal. Really upscale offerings, good variety, and great service. We ate here on our last morning at WDW in December on a whim (boys wanted mickey waffles and we were staying at Beach Club) and we were pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Price for the buffet was $9.99 for kids and $16.99 per adult. It was only a couple bucks more than ordering only one dish a la carte, and everything on the menu was offered in the buffet except for ONE item (Lobster Eggs Benedict) which I would never order anyway. Plus, the buffet included a drink, so it was a no brainer. Excellent meal all around. We will definitely make this a "must do" every time we stay in the Epcot resort area.

We had ADRs for dinner one night which we ended up cancelling because we ate way earlier, but the dinner menu looked great!