PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's vs Cape May

disneynarula
04-29-2012, 09:31 AM
We are planning a girls morning on our trip. MIL, DD (2) and myself. DD is a HUGE Mickey/Minnie fan. She is a Fab Five girl.

Should we do breakfast at Cape May or Chef Mickey's? I am not sure if we will have a rental car yet. We are staying at Art of Animation and I am concerned about being able to get to Cape May without a car.

It seems like it would be easy to take a bus the the MK and then the monorail from there.

I have read not so good reviews about Chef Mickeys but am willing to give it a try.
Any thoughts?

MrPeetrie
04-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Chef Mickey's is a must-do for us. We always schedule a breakfast there. We've never been disappointed.

We've eaten at Cape May but not for breakfast. I enjoyed my meal there, as well, but a slight nod goes for Chef Mickey's.

As far as transportation, we always call Mears for a taxi to Chef Mickey's. It saves a lot of time. I think for Cape May, you can take a bus to Epcot and they have an accessway open to the international Gateway even if the park is not open yet. And you can walk to Cape May from there. (Someone would have to confirm if that's still true.)

I hope that helps. Good luck and enjoy. You can't go wrong with either choice.

ledudes
04-29-2012, 10:29 AM
We have done them both and I would say the are pretty similar as far as food choices and time spent wiht characters. The biggest difference would be that at Cape May the characters are in their beach clothes so if you really want them in their traditional looks in your photos, I would do Chef Mickey, but if it doesn't matter Cape May is fine too. You can go through epcot to get there or take the bus to HS and then either walk or take the boat over to BC. Depending on our schedule and whcih park you will be going to, that may help make your choice. Obviously if ou go to MK then Chef Mickey would be more convenient.

jwallace378
04-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Breakfast at either one is great. If you're going for dinner, I'd give the edge to Cape May (if you like seafood).

AgentC
04-29-2012, 01:47 PM
How important s Mickey?

Chef Mickey's is always the Fab Five but Cape May is Donald, Goofy and Minnie. I prefer the experience at Cape May, but if Mickey and Minnie are both important I would do Chef Mickey's.

disneynarula
04-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Why is this such a hard choice? I think we may go with Chef Mickey's since Mickey is there and not at Cape May.

Do cabs have car seats?

What is a better time to go? As soon as it opens or later in the morning?

ANG
04-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Chef Mickey's is a must-do for us. We always schedule a breakfast there. We've never been disappointed.

Ditto! We love Chef Mickey's. But I've never been to Cape May to judge.

I woudn't see it as a problem to get to the TTC and then to the resort.

Checkers
04-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Either would be fine. I am not a big Chef Mickey's fan but my grandchildren love it. If you decide on Cape May, I would take the bus to HS and you can walk over to the BC or take the boat. If you don't have an AP or park hopper you would not have to enter a park to get to your destination. I do believe if you take a taxi you can request one that provides a car seat.

If you are taking Disney transportation, be sure and allow enough time to get there. My experience has been to allow at least an hour or hour and a half.

disneynarula
04-30-2012, 05:36 AM
I am not really in this for me. In general I think that character meals are way overpriced. I am a foodie and am usually dissapointed in the food at character meals. DSs never really got into the characters but DD loves them and I really think she will love it. I booked Chef Mickeys but am still thinking about making the change.

tdk316
04-30-2012, 07:01 AM
Do cabs have car seats?

What is a better time to go? As soon as it opens or later in the morning?

No, the cabs don't have car seats but we've used them on a limited basis for getting around Disney property and have sucked it up and just held on tight. It'll depend on what you're comfortable with.

I like to schedule Chef Mickey's for the first seating otherwise it's a little too nuts for my kids. There are big rooms and each are seated based on time (like most of the other character meals...) but the first seating seems less crazy to me and my kids are up at 6A everyday so we might as well be there when they open. :D

Wolf
04-30-2012, 11:27 AM
We did Chef Mickey's once and that was one time more than enough for us...We didn't like the characters there, they felt rushed and impersonal...Cape May is a do not miss, ever for us now! We do that one even if we aren't feeling a huge need for characters (I'm 25 and Moma is Moma aged ;) ) so we don't always have to do characters (but always do lol) the food there is spectacular and the characters are super sweet and love on us even though we are adults. Moma's favorite picture from our last trip was Goofy sat down with me there and we were "drinking coffee together" and we looked like we were in very deep conversation, I'm a coffee nut so this is one of her favorites ever because it applys to me so personally. I honestly love Cape May and can't say enough great things about it.

Wolf
04-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Also we always take a cab for early morning meals, the most we've ever paid is $20 for any resort to resturant and that $20 is worth a extra 1.5 hours of sleep for me lol

Fastpasssteve
05-01-2012, 01:55 AM
If it's an all girls day, might I suggest the Character Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. I love it. It is the only character breakfast where one can meet Mary Poppins and Alice from Wonderland. One can also meet Tigger, Pooh, and the Mad Hatter! The food is delicious (especially the Chilled Strawberry Soup!). One can get a higher quality of food here, as well as a custom made omlette at a separate station. Waffles, various meats, eggs benedict, beautiful fresh fruit. If there is a birthday, they will also lead the crowd in a chorus of Happy Birthday!

My friends and I make a trip to 1900 Park Fare every trip.

disneynarula
05-01-2012, 08:38 AM
I have had the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and agree it is very good. When I was on the College Program I sometimes worked at the kiosk outside the character meals selling autograph books (etc.)

DD is a huge fab five fan. The only show she watches is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I don't even think she knows who any of the characters are. I think it would be awesome in a few years though. Can't wait to make the princess dresses for her!:cloud9:

DANAM
05-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Neither are our personal favorites. We have done both and wont be back. I would vote for 1900 Park Fare like others have suggested or 'Ohana. The morning entertainment at 'Ohana is really great. Some of my favorite memories from my kids first trip are from 'Ohana.

dizneydeb22
05-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Both are very good, but you have more choices with Chef Mickey's. Cape May only has the characters for breakfast and like PP said, not all the characters are there. If she really wants to see all five, CM is the place.
Enjoy your trip....hope you have a magical time filled with much pixie dust!

darthmacho
05-02-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm a big fan of Chef Mickey's, though I've never had breakfast there. :mickey:

CU Tiger
05-03-2012, 02:33 PM
For breakfast, I would choose Chef Mickey's. Cape May is much better for dinner.:mickey: