PDA

View Full Version : Queue up a queue change! Least fave?

disneykidsince1970
04-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Someone had a fave queue poll....which got me thinking about all the rides 1 by 1 and I couldn't help but think that the are a few classics that could really use an upgrade...

Because my DS (5) loves them.... The rockets and the cars are at top of my list - aka the Starjets and the Speedway!

All of that exhaust! :ack: But it was still one of my favorites when I was a kid....waiting in line for what seemed like hours!

Anyone else?

Davy Crockett
04-27-2012, 05:21 PM
I agree Disneykidsince1970! I love that ride hate the queue. My other most disliked queue's would have to be 1) Peter Pan 2) Dumbo and 3) Winnie the pooh. My DD (7) still loves these rides and you would think that with decade of studies Disney would try to make these queues a bit more bearable for the poor mother and fathers, just saying:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
04-27-2012, 05:42 PM
I agree Disneykidsince1970! I love that ride hate the queue. My other most disliked queue's would have to be 1) Peter Pan 2) Dumbo and 3) Winnie the pooh. My DD (7) still loves these rides and you would think that with decade of studies Disney would try to make these queues a bit more bearable for the poor mother and fathers, just saying:mickey:

1) Peter Pan is getting a new queue.. permits have been filed for construction on the queue and it is supposed to have interactive elements added...

2) Dumbo is also getting the NextGen interactive, air conditioned queue...

3) Pooh's queue looks nice since they redid it, but I hate the interactive stuff... Too noisy... Remove that and the queue looks fine :)

darthmacho
04-27-2012, 06:41 PM
I pretty much skip the Astro Orbiter because of the absurd elevator queue system, though I agree that Speedway is no picnic either.

Will the Peter Pan or Dumbo queues be ready by August perchance?

DizneyFreak2002
04-27-2012, 07:05 PM
I pretty much skip the Astro Orbiter because of the absurd elevator queue system, though I agree that Speedway is no picnic either.

Will the Peter Pan or Dumbo queues be ready by August perchance?

Peter Pan hasn't even begun yet... And probably won't until the new bathrooms are constructed where Skyway was... Dumbo should be set to go in July...

Davy Crockett
04-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Peter Pan hasn't even begun yet... And probably won't until the new bathrooms are constructed where Skyway was... Dumbo should be set to go in July...

Thanks DizneyFreak2002! I had heard rumors concerning Peter Pan but didn't know if it would progress. It's been a couple of years since we've been and did not know about Pooh. I'm sure I'll get 1st hand knowledge of it in about 26 days.

Wolf
04-30-2012, 02:34 PM
I don't like Space Mountain...Its to narrow and you always have "those" kids who want to race up and down the little isle while normal folks are walking as fast as they can to keep out of the way. My Mom can't do stairs well cause her knee gives her trouble so we just have to go real slow...I hate to say it but I've stuck my arms out in a very obvious display of "I will armbar your kids if they hastle her whilst stair manuevering" Its just a poor design and I really wish they would fix the incoming and outgoing sections...

MissMaryPoppins
04-30-2012, 02:54 PM
I can't stand the Haunted Mansion line! People act like maniacs with their pushing, shoving,cutting, and stepping on people.Good luck trying to keep your family together on that one. People aren't any better once they're on the ride either.

Wolf
04-30-2012, 04:24 PM
I can't stand the Haunted Mansion line! People act like maniacs with their pushing, shoving,cutting, and stepping on people.Good luck trying to keep your family together on that one. People aren't any better once they're on the ride either.

Agreed.

valjane
04-30-2012, 04:43 PM
The Maelstrom queue is pretty terrible. Luckily there's not always a long line to ride. But when you do have to stand there for any amount of time, it's no fun at all.

texas211
04-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Peter Pan, Spaceship Earth, and the queue to get your food at any food counter at WDW, especially MK... Take your order, then good luck getting your food.

I'm here now, and and got a fresh reminder of this.

Fastpasssteve
05-01-2012, 12:47 AM
I would just like to offer a hearty 'THANKS' that they are going to work on the Peter Pan's Flight queue. It is boring, long, and gets longer during the course of a magical day. Ugg. Thank you. :party:

tjstrike
05-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Is it ok to say I "dislike" them all ? Especially when we went a few years ago for spring break, it was horrible. :(

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-01-2012, 11:17 AM
I agree! Peter Pan is horrible, boring (way too long) and spends too much time near the bathrooms :)

I also dislike the inside part of HM, the craziness from the stretching room to the Doom Buggies is crazy. We tried to wait until the main group went through, but then another room just gets out and it starts all over again.

barnaby
05-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Peter Pan, always a long wait and nothing to see/do in the queue

WDW-Geek
05-01-2012, 01:13 PM
I might be in the minority, but I really dislike Big Thunder's queue. The summer heat can be oppressive and I feel like there's no air movement in many areas of the queue. I hope they do enclose the area during the current refurb.

indytraveler
05-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Other than being in a line too long for my taste, I'll have to rank the ones I just don't like. Or they just get old after awhile.

1. Indy Speedway - 'Nuff said
2. Peter Pan - slow moving and too many FP's
3. Old Dumbo - standing out in direct sun in summer time was always a blessing. Yes it was eventually covered

One I have never stood in stand-by is Soarin. How could anyone stand in one line for over 2 hrs? I know there are some interactive things going on, but for 2 hrs?

texas211
05-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Other than being in a line too long for my taste, I'll have to rank the ones I just don't like. Or they just get old after awhile.

1. Indy Speedway - 'Nuff said
2. Peter Pan - slow moving and too many FP's
3. Old Dumbo - standing out in direct sun in summer time was always a blessing. Yes it was eventually covered

One I have never stood in stand-by is Soarin. How could anyone stand in one line for over 2 hrs? I know there are some interactive things going on, but for 2 hrs?

I remember waiting back in the day that long for Splash Mountain.. At least Soarin has AC..

jaredkari
05-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Another vote for Big Thunder Mountain, that line is just awful when it is hot!!!

Rockn Rollercoaster is bad when you are outside. :(

DisneyDawgette
05-04-2012, 12:45 PM
1) Another vote for Peter Pan!
2) Outdoor portion of Rockin' Roller Coaster
3) Dumbo

I love Space Mountain though! I like watching the "chocolate chip cookie" meteors on the ceiling once you get to the seating portion of the queue. :)

mac badger
05-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Test Track. It's too bright and too noisy, gives me a headache. Hopefully the queue will be redone as past of the refurb

AmandaChan
05-06-2012, 11:32 AM
It's Captain EO now, but that queue for Honey I Shrunk the Audience was so ridiculous, talking specifically about the Kodak commercial. Soooo cheesy.

Also I would PAY Disney to get rid of the Pearl Harbor Michael Bay queue.

Ian
05-06-2012, 12:00 PM
I can't stand the Test Track queue. WAY too noisy and pretty much anything with a pre-show is going to annoy me.

I also can't stand the queue area for Philharmagic. Do you think maybe Imagineering could have sprung a few extra bucks to theme the area???

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Spaceship Earth is terrible