PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian renovation-complete redo?

minnie-mouse
04-27-2012, 12:26 PM
I read somewhere else the rumor that they are planning on totally redoing the Polynesian. Does anyone know what this will entail and when it will be going under construction? Will they shut down the whole resort for construction?

Mrs Bus Driver
04-27-2012, 12:32 PM
I have read rumors in the DVC treads that poly will be one of the next DVC resorts. I would think that they would be building new buildings just for DVC. I am sure someone who knows more will be along to explain it better or you could read about it in the DVC section. Hope this helps:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
04-27-2012, 12:40 PM
There has been talk that the Great Ceremonial House is in major need of repair (meaning it is falling apart)... The rumors were since Disney wants to build DVC units there and really can't with the current lay out, then the resort would be demolished and built from scratch, including DVC units...

I don't think they would build from scratch... They may have to do the Great Ceremonial House over, but I think they would find a way to add DVC into Poly in it's current form...

But, I wouldn't worry... Grand Floridian is coming first, then the River Country/Fort Wilderness DVC units... Polynesian would probably be after that, unless with go with Contemporary Part 2 before Poly...