PDA

View Full Version : Beach Boys Concert

MartyS
04-27-2012, 12:17 AM
So, just got home from the Beach Boys concert in Grand Prairie, Texas. Probably won't ever get to say that again, but you never know... If they are coming to your area, and the show's not sold out, do yourself a favor and take your family to see these guys. I took my daughters 26 and 14, my older dd26, (former college program CM @MK) has been dragged to many Beach Boy concerts over the years, but this was a first for DD14, who genuinely had a blast. The guys sounded great as ever, but I really missed Carl and Dennis. They did a very nice tribute for both brothers, though.
I had my first IN N Out burger last weekend (double double, animal style -Delicious!), and tonight, the Beach Boys! I've never been to Cali, but maybe someday. Until then, THANK YOU, California

VWL Mom
04-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Glad you had a good time with your girls. I too am a Beach boys fan. Still have their albums downstairs., music you could actually listen to and understand the words! :D

garymacd
05-21-2012, 08:12 PM
I saw them way back in 1974 with the rest of my lifeguard staff the first year I worked at the local pool. Greatest show I ever saw.

Well, if you can call it "seeing them". We were only poorly paid lifeguards and had to get the only tickets we could afford, which were so far from the stage, all we saw was vague shapes on the stage. No Jumbotrons back then.

It was in the the Midnight Special era, so the host of the show was Wolfman Jack with a warm-up band called the Stampeders, out of Calgary. (Anyone else remember them?)

Haven't seen them since. Maybe someday they'll come back to this area.

JRocker
05-22-2012, 09:47 AM
I have seen them numerous times over the years, unfortunately I won't be able to make any of their shows this year.

I am actually heading out to California this afternoon for business, and they will be in San Diego while I'm there. But my wife has made threats. Apparently they are on the list of no-no's when she's not with me. :(

However, I haven't seen that in writing... :secret:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-27-2012, 12:00 AM
I've seen them a few times and they always put on a good concert. Last time was at the Hatch Shell in Boston for free! That's the best kind of concert. And John Stamos was drumming with them that night so that made it even better! Eye candy!!

I'm glad you and your daughters had a good time.