PDA

View Full Version : Trip Insurance?

andrew&ryansmommy
04-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Can anyone tell me how much insurance typically is, and what it covers, specifically if it will cover my worry...My brother was diagnosed with cancer in September, and is awaiting a liver transplant. He is ok right now, but my concern is if he takes a turn for the worse, or better, gets "the call"- I would want to be around. I'm looking for something that would allow me to cancel last minute bc of his medical state. How does this work with nonrefundable airfare? Im so nervous to book anything, but at the same time need a vacation from the year weve been having :(

faline
04-26-2012, 07:29 PM
There are many different policies out there so there's no blanket answer to your question. Are you working with a travel agent? If so, I'd ask specifically about your needs and conerns. Be sure to read any policy you receive completely so you understand the coverage as well as all the exclusions (those items not covered).

I hope you get the vacation you need and best of luck to your brother - I hope he soon receives a donor.

steamboat willy
04-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Check with Debbie at Magical Journeys. Disney allows for certain situations, but not airfares. My wife has MS and we never know what tomorrow may bring either. We have never had to purchase Trip Insurance. Plus with Magical Journeys, you will always get the BEST deal, regardless of when it comes out. MJ Rocks and Debbie is the Best!

BTM
04-29-2012, 02:59 PM
We used www.insuremytrip.com and they were great. We were able to compare pricing and coverage to find what would work best for us on our Disney Cruise last year. They had quite a few companies and plans to choose from.