PDA

View Full Version : Disney Driving Expereince!

mdricks
04-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Anybody done it?

We are 4, 40-somehtings with some racing experience among us.

We would love to go cut loose with an Ferrari 458 Italia but if this is a "Disnified" experience (speed caped at 80 or some such nonsencse) then feh.

Seeking help from gearheads!

:number1:

Kenny1113
04-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Well my Dad had done the NASCAR expirience many years ago and thought it was Great...until-
He heard how it was for DH (his Xmas gift) through another company at another track. He was so enthused about it we bought for my dad for his birthday. He Loved it!!!! He thought it was waaayyyy better than the one at WDW (too limiting, don't get to go as fast).

So if you don't have another one near you, do it for that one in a lifetime expirience. ;)

disneymom15
04-26-2012, 03:13 PM
We gave the "8 lap experience" to my daughters boyfriend last Dec for his birthday. He drove the race car, (the exotic sports cars were not an option at the time) and absolutely loved it. His speeds were fast, can't remember the exact mph, but it was somewhere between 125-130mph. He wants to do it again in Oct and will most likely do the sports cars. Can't comment on how fast they will allow you to go, but, I would think you'd be allowed to go faster that 80mph.

faline
04-26-2012, 03:18 PM
They do allow you to travel faster than 80 mph but they do have a "cap" which is somewhere in the 120 something range. When going through the laps, you're not allowed to get too close to, or pass, your "pace" car.

Kenny1113
04-26-2012, 03:53 PM
They do allow you to travel faster than 80 mph but they do have a "cap" which is somewhere in the 120 something range. When going through the laps, you're not allowed to get too close to, or pass, your "pace" car.

Yes! These were the differences that my dad had expressed. With the other company both my dad and DH top speed (in NASCAR) were high 150s.( I believe the same company formula cars are faster than that. ) With the other company they were allowed to pass other cars. And there was no pace car, rather just a governor and a guide in your headset telling you what to do.

mdricks
04-26-2012, 04:47 PM
That’s what I was afraid of. We have a couple of semi pro racers and we were looking to "compete" on times. On the other hand it might make it fair for the two of us that are only amateur lunatics.

1st place is scot free
2nd place buys a round of drinks
3rd place buys the wine

Loser pays for dinner at Shula's!

Who says Dinsey is only for kids.....

SandmanGStefani24
04-26-2012, 05:32 PM
semi-pro racer here.

The nascar experience is pretty tame, usually not getting above 100, more around 80-90. The exotic car experience is will get you closer to 100 but not much more above it. They designed the track to give you some g's in the corners, a few fast esses, and one sweeping turn. The 0-60 specs of the cars makes it fun, but it's more about getting a rhythm and making good time than speed on these sort of things. Hope this helps!

Kenny1113
04-28-2012, 06:41 AM
That’s what I was afraid of. We have a couple of semi pro racers and we were looking to "compete" on times. On the other hand it might make it fair for the two of us that are only amateur lunatics.

1st place is scot free
2nd place buys a round of drinks
3rd place buys the wine

Loser pays for dinner at Shula's!

Who says Dinsey is only for kids.....

FYI
My dad is a racer DH had never driven a race care before. DH beat my dad. Only by 0.4 seconds, but till beat him nonetheless ;)

DizneyRox
04-28-2012, 07:37 AM
That's too bad, I've gone faster on the highway a few times. :secret: Guess there's not much need to spend the cash, yet again...