PDA

View Full Version : How would YOU take advantage of an afternoon/evening at the parks?

wdw_bound
04-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Background: Somewhat unexpectedly, I will be in the greater WDW area next Saturday with some time on my hands. I have an unused park hopper ticket (from the days when tickets did not expire). My hotel offers a free shuttle (good neighbor). I land at MCO around noon, so could be at the parks by 2ish. Can stay til park closing.

Where would you go, and what would you do?

I love Epcot, with MK being a close second. I enjoy almost all the rides at both places, but don't "have" to ride anything (and wouldn't want to waste too much time in line on such a limited visit). I've had some very tough/stressful things going on in life in the last month, so just being there would be joyful and rejuvenating. I'd be by myself, so really could design my own Disney Day.

What should I include?

dizneydeb22
04-26-2012, 11:32 AM
I would do a little of both, depending on the closing times of the parks.

In EPCOT, if rides are not a must, pick a country or a few and really explore them! Enjoy a beverage and/or a snack that you've never had the opportunity to try.

Ask yourself, "What is the one thing I never get to do when I'm here with everyone else? and then do it!

I hope you enjoy your alone time! I plan on taking a solo trip in about a year or two. Share anything interesting you find!
:tink:

cer
04-26-2012, 11:34 AM
:mickey:For me, it would be MK. I would spend a lot of time on Main Street, (pick up something from the Confectionary and Bakery) Need to walk through each land, get a dole whip, ride splash if possible, haunted mansion, make sure to ride iasw, peter pan (only if the line is not long). Must ride the people mover and Space (if the line is short) as well. And the train, too - must not forget the train. I also would stop off in the pin shop in Frontier Land to pick up a pin to remember my special time there.

I definitely would ride the monorail and step off at the Contemporary. (I love their gift shop). Would have to stop in also at the Poly, just for the feel of it and the smell. Might take in the fireworks from the beach there. I would likely also ride the ferry back to MK.

Oh and if I were able to hop - I would hop to Epcot and do Spaceship Earth and spend some time watching the fountain and enjoying the sparkling walkway.

Yup, that would pretty much be it.

So excited for you!

MizMissy
04-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Is it still Flower and Garden Festival at EPCOT? If so, if rides are not a requirement, I would wander around EPCOT enjoying the topiaries and flowers.

However, if you have a park hopper, I would also take advantage of both MK and EPCOT and enjoy a ride on the monorail between parks also. This would be give you a great opportunity to see the changes in Fantasyland.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Wow, MK is my favorite park but in this situation I think I would do Epcot. I would spend it exploring world showcase, maybe have a drink and snack your way around. Can't beat Illuminations for a great end to the day:mickey:

Mrs Bus Driver
04-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Wow, MK is my favorite park but in this situation I think I would do Epcot. I would spend it exploring world showcase, maybe have a drink and snack your way around. Can't beat Illuminations for a great end to the day:mickey:
I agree since it is not a whole day I would do EPCOT. Explore, enjoy preformers at different countries, have dinner watch illuminations. Sounds like a great day to :mickey:

Ms. Mode
04-26-2012, 03:27 PM
I would start at MK and ride Snow White's Scary Adventure for the last time before it's gone, then hop over to Epcot for the evening.

Hope you have a great time!

CuteAsMinnie
04-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Heck, I'd spend a very leisurely time around the World Showcase. I think that is the only place I (personally) would want to go by myself. No rides, no characters, I'd just soak up every inch of the World Showcase.

(I think I'd be too emotionally anywhere else :blush:)

Whatever YOU decide...ENJOY:cloud9: and I bet all your troubles will melt away, even for just a day. :hug:

VWL Mom
04-27-2012, 06:29 AM
Since F&G at will still be going on I would start at Epcot, grab a beverage :marg: and take a leisurely tour around WS just soaking it all in. I've always wanted to see the festival plantings in person. You could hit a few rides on your way out and head over to MK which will be open to midnight,

K8screen
04-27-2012, 07:20 AM
I would check the times and frequency of your shuttle first. I dont know where you are staying, but shuttle sevices to some none Disney properties are MUCH better than others, so at mid day it may not be that easy to get to the parks.

Wolf
04-27-2012, 09:47 AM
I'd base my time on whichever park was open latest! Get as much time as possible in while you can!