PDA

View Full Version : Summer To Remember Press Event

DizneyFreak2002
04-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Intercot have anyone going to this??? Things kick off tonight at Fort Wilderness... Friday is the What's New, What's Next press conference...

Jared
04-26-2012, 02:34 PM
I was really hoping to hear about the return of Spectro at this, but I guess it doesn't look good. How about some Downtown Disney news? Any chance we hear anything worthwhile at all?

DizneyFreak2002
04-26-2012, 04:28 PM
I was really hoping to hear about the return of Spectro at this, but I guess it doesn't look good. How about some Downtown Disney news? Any chance we hear anything worthwhile at all?

I wouldn't count on it... Hopefully we'll be surprised....

As for last night and today: The awesome management team gave a presentation statistics of why you need to go on vacation (yawn)... And today, they gave a tour of Art of Animation Resort... Checked out pictures online... The resort looks really nice...

DVC2004
04-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Statistics! How boring.

DizneyFreak2002
04-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Some of the rumored topics for tomorrow:

- More Art of Animation Resort information
- More FLE information
- Possible information regarding Test Track's refurb
- The summer edition of MM&Y
- Rehash the Starbucks announcement
- Talk about Splitsville

All this information we already know, and I wouldn't put it past Disney to rehash all old news as part of WHAT'S NEW...

DizneyFreak2002
04-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Apparently any SpectroMagic return won't be until next year...

DizneyFreak2002
04-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Unless they have something big waiting for the end of the day, here is a breakdown of the announcements:

- The indoor Dumbo queue will be ready for July
- Casey Jr will be open in July
- Be Our Guest/BatB and Mermaid will open for the 2012 holidays
- SDMC will open in 2014
- A statue of Gaston will be placed infront of his tavern
- Concept art for Test Track, Mermaid, Casey Jr shown...
- Splitsville MAY go to 21 and over on some nights, and if they do, it would only be upstairs, otherwise they remain bowling for all ages, diverting from their typical 21 and older business model EVERY night... Wil open Fall 2012
- Test Track concept art looks very Tron-ish...
- Guests will receive a card in the new Test Track queue which carries the car design info on it.. However, ride aspects won't change, only your score Hello NextGen...
- Summer version of MMY will have new music debut, project the castle as a sandcastle, and will have Lion King and Mermaid characters in it...

Ground breaking stuff... Wow, Disney floored me... They never disappoint.. Expect nothing and you receive it in large sums...

Jared
04-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Honestly, all things considered, I was expecting worse. The Test Track art is fantastic, and it's so nice to see regular updates to castle projection show. Disney said it would change the production seasonally. How refreshing that they're actually following through.

NokOnHarts
04-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Do we have any clue as to what "Holidays" means? We are arriving the week before Thanksgiving. Is there any hint as to them opening LM ride around the Thanksgiving holiday or were they referring to Christmas so a December opening?

DizneyFreak2002
04-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Do we have any clue as to what "Holidays" means? We are arriving the week before Thanksgiving. Is there any hint as to them opening LM ride around the Thanksgiving holiday or were they referring to Christmas so a December opening?

Just "holidays"... But, I have a feeling they may get those two sections open right around Halloween... October perhaps... But figure November... Only my feeling though...

Melanie
04-28-2012, 08:22 AM
The awesome management team gave a presentation statistics of why you need to go on vacation (yawn)...

And isn't this a rehash of something they did at another recent press event? Can't remember when, but this rings familiar to me....

DizneyFreak2002
04-28-2012, 11:42 AM
And isn't this a rehash of something they did at another recent press event? Can't remember when, but this rings familiar to me....

Maybe... I don't pay attention to news like that... Statistics put me to sleep LOL... I wouldn't doubt it though...