PDA

View Full Version : So tell me about November...

jane52
04-25-2012, 04:35 PM
We are planning a family trip with the grandchildren for 2013. We have never been there the beginning of November. What is the weather like and how are the crowds? We would like to go the first week after all the Halloween events. How long is the Magic Kingdom decorated for Halloween? Last three trips have been in mid to late October so was wondering if everything is about the same crowd and weather wise. Thanks!

rjmdds
04-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Well, we were there last November (first week) and will be there again this November (first week)...so we love it. Some thoughts....

1. Weather is beautiful...shorts and t-s for the day. Nights can be a little cool but not cold. Very pleasant. If you get a warm spell you can swim, but last November it just wasn't warm enough. That didn't stop a bunch of people from going in the pool though.

2. By November 2nd or whatever the day after the last Halloween party is, the Halloween deco's are gone and the beginnings of Christmas decorations will be going up. Typically the MVMCP starts end of first week/beginning of 2nd week of November. So the parks are beginning to transition. You won't see tons of Christmas stuff up, but mores in the MK.

3. Crowds are VERY manageable. We did not wait more than 10-15 minutes for the most popular rides. Most were walk on. You still must plan accordingly and utilize FP. Just be smart and realize that you know more about the parks than 99% of the people around you. That is a huge advantage. It is technically "Jersey Week". Why this is such a topic of discussion, I have no idea. It has ZERO influence on park crowds in my opinion. If anything, you will just find that the majority of people you meet will be from NJ...including ME! But seriously, the impact on the parks is nonexistent.

4. The Epcot Food and Wine Festival!!!!! Nuff said.

I think it is a wonderful time of year to go . If you time it right, you may even be able to catch the beginning of the MVMCP. We will be just catching the first one this year. It is the night before we leave. It is loads of fun.

wdwfan
04-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Well, we were there last November (first week) and will be there again this November (first week)...so we love it. Some thoughts....

1. Weather is beautiful...shorts and t-s for the day. Nights can be a little cool but not cold. Very pleasant. If you get a warm spell you can swim, but last November it just wasn't warm enough. That didn't stop a bunch of people from going in the pool though.

2. By November 2nd or whatever the day after the last Halloween party is, the Halloween deco's are gone and the beginnings of Christmas decorations will be going up. Typically the MVMCP starts end of first week/beginning of 2nd week of November. So the parks are beginning to transition. You won't see tons of Christmas stuff up, but mores in the MK.

3. Crowds are VERY manageable. We did not wait more than 10-15 minutes for the most popular rides. Most were walk on. You still must plan accordingly and utilize FP. Just be smart and realize that you know more about the parks than 99% of the people around you. That is a huge advantage. It is technically "Jersey Week". Why this is such a topic of discussion, I have no idea. It has ZERO influence on park crowds in my opinion. If anything, you will just find that the majority of people you meet will be from NJ...including ME! But seriously, the impact on the parks is nonexistent.

4. The Epcot Food and Wine Festival!!!!! Nuff said.

I think it is a wonderful time of year to go . If you time it right, you may even be able to catch the beginning of the MVMCP. We will be just catching the first one this year. It is the night before we leave. It is loads of fun.

Totally agree!!!

jane52
04-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks! I was hoping the crowds would be a little less. Our plan right now is to arrive on the 4th and leave on the 10th of November. Seeing some of the Christmas decorations would be a bonus. Are the park hours shorter since it is not a busy time?

faline
04-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Our plan right now is to arrive on the 4th and leave on the 10th of November. Seeing some of the Christmas decorations would be a bonus. Are the park hours shorter since it is not a busy time?

You may also want to keep an eye on the New Jersey school schedule. Veterans Day is on November 11th. New Jersey school typically plan teacher workshop days around this date and the schools close down for several days. Many folks take advantage of this shut down and head to Disney for what has become known as "Jersey Week".

The November, 2012 hours are now posted. You might to take a look at those for some idea of what the hours might be like next year.

alliekat
04-30-2012, 10:52 AM
It's a great time of year to be there. We will be going 11/9 thru 11/14 and can't wait. I am anxiously awaiting the dates for Very Merry Christmas Party. I can kind of figure it out based on the park hours, but would very much like to know for sure. Hope whenever you go it's a great time!

badkitty
04-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Keep in mind that the Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend has been moved to Nov 9-10 this year. This will bring a crowd to the parks and especially EPCOT that weekend.

tdk316
05-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Overall that is a GREAT time to travel with kids to WDW because of the mild weather and smaller crowds (like another poster said, watch out for "Jersey Week"). It is one of our favorite times to go. :mickey:

azcavalier
05-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks! I was hoping the crowds would be a little less. Our plan right now is to arrive on the 4th and leave on the 10th of November. Seeing some of the Christmas decorations would be a bonus. Are the park hours shorter since it is not a busy time?

That's exactly when we'll be there, too! But we're not from Jersey.

So, the Food and Wine Festival will be going on? Awesome! We're taking some first-timers who are foodies. They'll love it!