PDA

View Full Version : Question on dining plan credits

BlueDorrie
04-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Hi everybody, DH and I will be using a dining plan for the very first time on our upcoming trip in October and I have an extremely silly question. We're booked for the regular dining plan that has 1 credit each for the quick service meal, dinner and snack, can you pool the credits for the quick service meal to use for dinner instead or are the credits segregated for each category?

DH realized while I was making the ADRs last night that at least two of the restaurants are 2 TS credits and we may need to dip into the credits for the quick service to cover our dinner plans.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

zipadeedoodah
04-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Unfortunately you cannot use quick service credits for a table service. :(

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-25-2012, 10:47 AM
No can't do it...

Tygger7
04-25-2012, 10:57 AM
The credits are broken into separate categories: TS credits, QS credits, and snack credits. So, if you're staying 6 nights, you will have 6 TS, 6 QS, and 6 snack credits per person. As others have stated, you cannot swap QS for TS credits.

However, you can use the credits at any time during your stay. For example, if you wanted to have a QS for breakfast, a QS for lunch, and a 2 TS signature meal all in one day, that's fine.

My recommendation is to ALWAYS use your credits first...don't try to save them until the end and worry about running out. Every time I've done that, I've ended up with too many credits at the end of the trip and am frantically trying to figure out how to eat all the food. :D Use your credits as you need them and IF you run out and need to buy more food, then you can get what you need.

DizneyRox
04-25-2012, 12:45 PM
It's a much better value to pay OOP for 2TS locations than use the TS credits on them.

Davy Crockett
04-25-2012, 01:09 PM
I agree with DizneyRox, I'm the fanatical number crunching CPA and with the exception of maybe two Signature locations you will not get a good ROI using 2TS credits. Especially now that they have taken Le Cellier off the regular TS and upgraded it to Signature.

disneynarula
04-26-2012, 07:52 AM
I also agree that you are better off paying out of pocket for the 2TS credit places.

You could also share meals! You don't have to use one credit per person just per entree. The only place you can not do this is at a buffet.