PDA

View Full Version : silly q - what is a PIN code?

disneykidsince1970
04-25-2012, 07:56 AM
I am not a AP holder ... so maybe this is why i don't know ...but what is a PIN code? They are clearly very valuable!

faline
04-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Disney will sometimes send e-mails or mail flyers with discount offers. These discount offers include a reference number (called pin code) that the person can use when making a Disney reservation in order to access the discount offer.

No-one knows who, or why, Disney targets to receive these special offers but it is clearly part of their marketing strategy. I occasionally receive such offers and even have received such offers on behalf of my son-in-law and my sister-in-law who have traveled to Disney with me before so Disney had their names but my contact information.

disneykidsince1970
04-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Thanks Faline! I just bought my first annual pass last weekend and am so excited about it! I daydream about leaving work and driving to Disney all day long! I'll be watching for those PINs!
Nikki:mickey:

faline
04-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks Faline! I just bought my first annual pass last weekend and am so excited about it!

Keep in mind that there are often annual passholder discounts on lodgings as well!

sherriepaul
04-25-2012, 07:09 PM
always thought I would get one, but have never received one, and I have done what others have said to, in order to get a pin code......HMMMMMM makes you wonder?

goofygonewild
04-25-2012, 11:27 PM
So what are some of these things to try? Even if I don't get a PIN I would like to try anything that might increase my odds of getting one.

faline
04-26-2012, 06:55 AM
Signing up on the Disney website and ordering the free vacation planning dvd have often been suggested as ways of increasing your chances of getting a pin code.

VWL Mom
04-26-2012, 07:06 AM
My definition of a PIN code is something that I never seem to get in my name :(
however, every kid we've taken with us has!