PDA

View Full Version : Southwest running special

MinnieMommie
04-25-2012, 07:42 AM
Southwest is running a special to and from certain destinations. It is a book by April 28th for travel from September 1st through November 30th. The flights we have been looking at for our October trip are $30 lower each way. :mickey:

vicster
04-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Southwest is running a special to and from certain destinations. It is a book by April 28th for travel from September 1st through November 30th. The flights we have been looking at for our October trip are $30 lower each way. :mickey:

Where did you find that? I can't seem to find specials for that time period - I've been looking for September but the airfare's been soooooo high.

DVCBob
04-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Strange... the Southwest website indicates that they are accepting air reservations through Nov. 2nd.

vicster
04-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Strange... the Southwest website indicates that they are accepting air reservations through Nov. 2nd.

Yes they are - I'm just not finding any special airfare for September

LandFan
04-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Me either.

ANG
04-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Not sure of the validity of this. Southwest says they won't release the dates past Nov 2nd until May 21st. So it wouldn't be possibly to book by April 28th.

I would love if this was true though, as we need a departing flight on Nov 3rd

MinnieMommie
04-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Where did you find that? I can't seem to find specials for that time period - I've been looking for September but the airfare's been soooooo high.

I received an email from Southwest. The dates on the email promo say Sept 1 through November 30. Happy to forward my email if anyone would like and you can follow that link. I put in dates 10/27/2012 returning 11/02/2012 and got a decently lower price than they had been advertising. If what they sent me will work for you great! :mickey:

faline
04-25-2012, 05:51 PM
I received an email from Southwest. The dates on the email promo say Sept 1 through November 30. Happy to forward my email if anyone would like and you can follow that link. I put in dates 10/27/2012 returning 11/02/2012 and got a decently lower price than they had been advertising. If what they sent me will work for you great! :mickey:

This may be a targeted offer. If so, the offer may be meant only for those who specifically receive it - similar to Disney's Pin number mailings. If so, it is likely not available to the general public and likely restricted to those who have actually received the offer as you did.

MinnieMommie
04-25-2012, 06:15 PM
This may be a targeted offer. If so, the offer may be meant only for those who specifically receive it - similar to Disney's Pin number mailings. If so, it is likely not available to the general public and likely restricted to those who have actually received the offer as you did.

I guess that's possible Linda. Never thought of that. I also think it's strange that the offer is to book by April 28 for travel from September 1st through November 30th since I believe they are open booking through November 2. Either way I am more than happy to forward what I received from Southwest if anyone would like to confirm the validity of what I have received from Southwest or in case the offer is indeed open to all. :mickey:

faline
04-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Either way I am more than happy to forward what I received from Southwest if anyone would like to confirm the validity of what I have received from Southwest or in case the offer is indeed open to all. :mickey:

Thanks for your kind offer but, on Intercot, we only allow information to be posted about special offers if we're sure it applies to the general public. From what's been described so far, I would suspect this is a special offer targeted to just some folks. Hope you can advantage of it!!

lindique
04-25-2012, 07:45 PM
I received the same ad. The November 30 date is only for trips to Mexico, and it is on a partner airline, not Southwest itself.

Southwest sends ads to its mailing list, but anyone can use the fares on it. You don't need to enter a code when booking.

MinnieMommie
04-25-2012, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=lindique;2260948

Southwest sends ads to its mailing list, but anyone can use the fares on it. You don't need to enter a code when booking.[/QUOTE]

This is my understanding as well. I have never had to enter a special code when booking after receiving email offers.

Thanks for explaining the November 30th piece of this, :mickey:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
04-26-2012, 09:25 AM

Could you please forward me the ad via PM please? I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

LandFan
04-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Either way I am more than happy to forward what I received from Southwest if anyone would like to confirm the validity of what I have received from Southwest or in case the offer is indeed open to all. :mickey:

Can you PM me the link too? We are going during that timeframe too and I am curious...
Thanks!