PDA

View Full Version : The One's First Trip to the World! Travel and Arrival Day-Day 1

LilHooligan74
04-25-2012, 01:30 AM
Well as a good and obedient DBF I packed the car and got everything ready. Picked up DGF from work last night and off to the World we went. We decided to stop in Jacksonville to get some rest.
I woke up this morning fired up and ready to go! We headed out and stopped at some outlet stores to purchase some items "I neglected to pack" (reference the first sentence:blush:).
We arrived at the Wilderness Lodge around 2pm. Absolutely loved being welcomed home. What was awesome was seeing the excitement on DGF's face as we got exited off I-4. As we pull up to the WL I can see the scaffolding and tarps hanging in certain areas but I don't think it looked that bad. Tickled to death still whenever I hear welcome home! A CM came out to the valet stand and brought us up to the Club Level after giving us a short tour. The CM who checked us in, Becky I think? was absolutely amazing. All the CMs at the desk wished DGF a Happy Birthday and were pleasantly surprised when they found out this was her first time at the world. The whole check in process was extremely quick. They explained everything to us and when we signed the paperwork that is when I learned the biggest surprise so far!!!! We had booked a standard room on club level and found out that we had been upgraded to a deluxe room/junior suite with a beautiful view of Bay Lake near the boat dock!!!!!:number1: I believe Becky may have worked a little magic, love it love it love it!!!!:cloud9: We unpacked everything and of course realize my stellar packing job failed again:blush: No problem after spelunking around the resort a little we head off to Super Target to get some last minute replacements.
We got dressed for dinner and decided to drive over due to ressie being at 9:30pm. We arrive a little bit early and get upstairs and sit in the lounge long enough to order drinks:marg: prior to getting our table. We were seated at the window near the observation deck with an awesome direct view of MK. Can't Wait for Wishes!!! I had never eaten here before but honestly set the bar pretty high because of what I had read on here. The food was amazing! Learned pretty early that our waiter is a former police officer so the Banter started pretty early. Loved Wishes, it rocked!:rocker: The lights were turned down and we enjoyed the music. Highly recommend California Grille. Think we may stay at the CR in the near future. Well back to the room we return as the bed is summoning us. About the WL. Love the room, love the lobby. Again all the advice I received on here was spot on. The WL fits us and our style and what we wanted for an Adult only vacation.
Time for bed, 7:00am comes early. Headed to AK for morning EMH. Don't tell DGF but I am going to surprise her once there with the Wild Africa Trek:elephant: in the Morning:secret:. Weather should be amazing, not to hot yet sunny. We have set the bar pretty high already but I am confident with a little Disney Magic I can knock DGF's first trip to Disney out of the Park!
Peace, love and chicken grease.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Sounds great

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-25-2012, 09:06 AM
Sounds like everything is going great thus far.
Look forward to reading the rest of the reports.

EpcotChic23
04-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Sounds amazing so far!!!

yjgirl32
04-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Great start.

faline
04-25-2012, 06:21 PM
A room upgrade is such a special way to begin your vacation! Sounds like a really yummy dinner at California Grill!

Can't wait to hear about the Wild Africa Trek! I've thought about doing it but am still on the fence.

shadowden
04-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Sounds like the magic is already kicking in!

Great first day!

Tink#64
04-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Wow! Just Wow! What a great DBF you are! Your DGF is truly lucky! I would love it if my DH would do some of the planning & packing! :blush:

All kidding aside, it really does sound like a very special trip! I've always wanted to have dinner at Cali & view Wishes from there! Very Cool! :cool:

Wishes for your magical days ahead! :pixie:

LilHooligan74
04-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Thank you. I try. Having a few internet issues. So the updates will soon follow.

January-2007
05-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks for reporting.