PDA

View Full Version : September Trip

julyjewel
04-24-2012, 06:50 PM
We were supposed to leave for Disney tomorrow but son had his appendix out this weekend. We are going in September now. Can you give me your thoughts on the Halloween Party? Should we try it? We have only done Christmas.

faline
04-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Sorry about the appendix! Hope your son has a quick recovery. I'm sure everyone is disappointed about the delayed trip but I think you'll find the Halloween party lots of fun!! Personally, I wouldn't miss it!!

Make sure to dress up - it really adds to the fun!! The parade is wonderful - keep an eye out for the headless soldier. The mist swirling around the Haunted Mansion adds atmosphere. Once, we even saw a "ghost" wandering around the decks of the river boat.

Also, take part in the Trick or Treating - open to all - even those of us who are grown-ups!!

tdk316
04-24-2012, 07:12 PM
I like the Halloween party more than the Christmas party so I'd say you should try it. The parade is great and we're not really parade people but wait for this one every year. We normally cover the stroller with glow bracelets and necklaces and let our kids give them away to other kids as we trick-or-treat and wait for the parade. I don't dress up the kids but have found long-sleeve tees with a Mickey Mouse skeleton on it and such so they're in the Halloween spirit without having to wear their Michigan weather approved Halloween costumes.

julyjewel
04-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Thanks. I think we will do it. We are trying to make this trip extra special since we had to reschedule. :thumbsup:

JenniferS.
04-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Aw..that's a disappointment, but better it happened before your trip and not during it. We have done the Halloween Party about 4 times. It is great! Def. do it! I'm hoping to go to the Christmas Party next Nov. We've never been to that. Even though it's hot in Sept, it is less busy, so that will be good too!

Pirate Granny
04-25-2012, 07:28 AM
We normally go to the water park or DTD in the morning, rest up in early afternoon and be at the turnstiles at 4pm....since its a seperate cost ticket. they will let u In then for the party! We used to do LTT for dinner, but alas, no more characters...and they used to be dressed in costumes! Most Everyone wears costumes...I will sport a mask or wings of some kind...and trick or treat...my office looks forward to the candy I bring back...HUGE Bag. Hope your son as a fast recovery.