PDA

View Full Version : Attractions that you've never done?

zipadeedoodah
04-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Hello fellow intercotees!

So, you've been to WDW more times than you can count...but there are those few attractions that you have never done before. Which are they?

For me, I have never done the circle of life theater in the Land pavilion. Is it worth seeing?
Also, I have never really explored innoventions too much.

What are yours?

DisneyDawgette
04-24-2012, 12:32 PM
My family always skipped over Innoventions! Even when I was a kid, it was just that thing we walked by but never went in! Now that other thread going on entitled "Innovations" is really making me wish we had given it the time!

Aurora
04-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Can't believe it, but we've never ridden the Tomorrowland Speedway. I didn't as a kid, at Disney World or Disneyland, and I haven't taken my kids on it as an adult.

My DH and I were just talking about it recently and decided we'll have to do it on our next trip. If Disney decides to take it down for a re-do before we get to do it then the joke will be on us!

amd780
04-24-2012, 01:04 PM
DH and I have never done Rock n' Roller Coaster, the Tower of Terror, or Expedition Everest. The "Mountains" in MK and Test Track are about as intense as we can handle! :scared: :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
04-24-2012, 01:27 PM
I've never done Mission Space,Kali River Rapids and have never seen the Enchanted Tiki Room. Even with the new 'no spin' side Mission scars me, I hate having to walk around wet and I'm terrified of birds, so no need to go there!

Maybe some day when it's really hot, and I'm ready to leave AK, I will try Kali....Maybe.

Mr.Boardwalk
04-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Magic Kingdom - Don't think I have ever been on Tom Sawyer's Island or in the Enchanted Tiki Room

Things I have not done in ages include: WDW Railroad, Carpets, Dumbo, Country Bears Jamboree

But now that I have DS and his first trip is in 30 days Im sure I will visit some of those attractions more often.

Epcot - Never done the Kim Possible / Phineas and Ferb adventure, Captain EO, Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Goofeygal
04-24-2012, 02:10 PM
I can't think of anything we haven't done over the years, LOL we go to much I think.

Scar
04-24-2012, 02:15 PM
For me, I have never done the circle of life theater in the Land pavilion. Is it worth seeing?No! Run away as fast as you can.

Dumbo
Magic Carpets
Tricera Top Spin (see a theme here?)
Playhouse Disney

I'm pretty sure that's it.

ANG
04-24-2012, 02:30 PM
I haven't done quite a bit at AK. I've only been to that park twice. Our first time it was for just half a day. And the second, I was pregnant and couldn't do a few of the rides

Auntie B
04-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Mission Space - no reason other than I am petrified of it.
Kali River Rapids - the last couple of times we were in AK it was closed due to thunder storms. It is on my bucket list!

MrPeetrie
04-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Back when it was still available, we never attended "The Making of Me."

Other than that, I can't think of an attraction that we haven't tried at least once, (although, we have never fully explored Innoventions yet).

Wait! We've never even been to Blizzard Beach one time! Does that count? If so, then nothing from there!

gottaluvtink
04-24-2012, 02:50 PM
We have pretty much done everything except Rafiki's Planet and Kali River Rapids. Really no desire to go pet animals and I REALLY don't want to be soaked from head to toe. So, I probably never will do either of those.

WDW-Geek
04-24-2012, 02:59 PM
I've never been on the Speedway. :blush:

disneymomma2010
04-24-2012, 03:51 PM
I have been six times and I have never done...

MK:the horse trolley, liberty square river boat, tom sawyer island, winnie the pooh, monster's inc., astro orbiter, people mover, carousel of progress

Epcot: ellen's adventure, did innoventions once as a kid but we never go now, Imagionation, soarin, and having kids we never really explore the countries much

HS: American Idol, animation, One man's dream

AK: Rafiki's planet watch, boneyard

Wow! I haven't realized how much I have missed till I looked in my book and just wrote all of them down! I have a major to do list for my next trip!

Dyanna
04-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Enchanted Tiki Room
Country Bear Jamboree
Tom Sawyer Island
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids
Rockin Roller Coaster

Alpha Jeanie
04-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Here are the attractions that we have never been to:

Ellen's Energy Adventure
The Circle of Life
The China Pavilion Movie
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Sounds Dangerous
Tom Sawyer Island
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
Downtown Disney

We will be at Disneyworld next month and I plan to try to do all of these that we have never made it to. They are always last on our list and we've never ended up with extra time. This trip I would like to make the time.

DonaldDuckUSA
04-24-2012, 08:17 PM
I like the idea of this thread!

MK: Race cars, AstroOrbiter, Tom Saywer's Island, and maybe Dumbo?

I was the youngest in my family and by the time I came around my parents were tired of doing certain rides.

Also, I've never really spent a lot of time around Main Street. It was the crowded part of the park that you get through in order to see everything else.

AK: Rafikis Planet Watch. DBF and I were going to check it out the last visit but we got there just as the last train departed.

HS: Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show...that has to change...I need to see it. Also the American Idol experience. I'm not as interested in that.

EPCOT: Probably the film in China. That's about it.

finaldynasty
04-24-2012, 10:23 PM
MK- River Boat, Swiss Family Tree House
AK- at least on of the rides in Dinoland, Birds of Flight
Ep-a-cot (as my DD's call it)- Captain EO, Test Track
DHS- Lights Motor Action, Rock-n-roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror

I am pretty ashamed of my list...This will be taken care of on my next trip later this year.

On a side note, I am almost ashamed to tell anyone I've never been to Cape Maye or Boma as I hear they are two very good places to eat...:mickey:

darthmacho
04-25-2012, 07:38 AM
In four trips, we've never been to Tom Sawyer Island or the Swiss Family Tree House. We've also never seen Flights of Wonder or Legend of the Lion King at AK. At DHS, we've yet to do Lights Motor Action, and because it was down for rehab in 2010, we still haven't done Toy Story Mania. :mickey:

MrPeetrie
04-25-2012, 07:51 AM
I like the idea of this thread!

EPCOT: Probably the film in China...

DonaldDuckUSA, definitely make time for this. It is one of the best attractions in Epcot!

waymickey
04-25-2012, 07:56 AM
Kali river Rapids- I just have no desire to walk around with wet shoes or clothes. Did similar ones at six flags and walking around wet is horible.

CzepielCrew
04-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Magic Kingdom

Dumbo
Magic Carpets
Hall of Presidents

Epcot

Innovations

Animal Kingdom

Maharajah Jungle Trek
Primeval Whirl

disneymomma2010
04-25-2012, 09:25 AM
In four trips, we've never been to Tom Sawyer Island or the Swiss Family Tree House. We've also never seen Flights of Wonder or Legend of the Lion King at AK. At DHS, we've yet to do Lights Motor Action, and because it was down for rehab in 2010, we still haven't done Toy Story Mania. :mickey:

You Must do the Lion King! It is awesome! :D Im sure you would love Lights motor action also.

zipadeedoodah
04-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Oh, I forgot...I also have never done the American Idol Experience at DHS... Is it worth checking out?

ransam
04-25-2012, 10:09 AM
First of all, i liked the Lion King Movie. It's not the best thing at Disney, but it's worth checking out.

When i first started reading i thought there probably wasn't any thing i haden't been on. I thought maybe the tea cups? but i think i went as a kid. also the Tree house, swiss family robinson, but i'm sure i did that as a kid too.
the more i read, i realized there are a few. I haven't been on Aladdin, Kali River Rapids, the Astro Orbitor, Primeavel Wheel and the intense side of Mission Space. I'm sure there are others.

thanks.

Wolf
04-25-2012, 10:16 AM

For me, I have never done the circle of life theater in the Land pavilion. Is it worth seeing?
Also, I have never really explored innoventions too much.

What are yours?

Yes, it is. We did it once and it was worth doing once or again on a super hot day when you are marathoning, but do it at least once, its cute!

Wolf
04-25-2012, 10:25 AM
We have never done Hall of Presidents and Umm.....Lights motor actions? I don't like loud things and cars don't appeal to me at all. But I can't really remember anything else we haven't done. Oh also Nemo show at AK, no thanks.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Not done Circle of Life or Club Cool.

tjstrike
04-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Hall of presidents, Enchanted tiki room, captain EO, China or Canada movie, Beauty and the beast, american idol, sounds dangerous. I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of right now.

azcavalier
04-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Not done Circle of Life or Club Cool.

Club Cool is actually kind of fun. Free soda!

I have never done Dumbo, Flying Carpets, or Astro Orbiter. I actually want to do the Orbiter, I just always look at the wait and say, "Nah".

As a family we've never done the American Idol Experience, or Playhouse Disney...whatever that is.

mom2morgan
04-25-2012, 12:13 PM
have never seen the Enchanted Tiki Room. I'm terrified of birds, so no need to go there!

LOL - that would be a good reason! I'm scared to death of bugs, so I've skipped Bug's Life ;-)

brownie
04-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Magic Kingdom

Country Bear Jamboree
Hall of Presidents
Tom Sawyer Island

Hollywood Studios

Beauty & the Beast
New Art of Animation
New Disney Junior Live

Animal Kingdom

Triceratops Spin
Rafiki's Planet Watch

stitchingirl
04-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Fun topic. DH and I have already decided that the very next time we do Disney, it's going to be a "see everything that we usually skip" themed visit.

MK- Tom Sawyer's Island, Main Street, Tomorrowland Speedway (we've done this about 10 times at DLand, just never at WDW)
EPCOT - Innoventions, Circle of Life,
AK - the Nemo show, isn't there a bird show? and the Lion King show (?)
DHS - Indiana Jones show, Beauty and the Beast show

probably accompanied by any number of restaurants as we have tended to stick to just a couple tried and true (and tired) locales

SandmanGStefani24
04-25-2012, 10:59 PM

?

No Way! Did it once, never again...

As for what i haven't done yet...

Aladdin Magic Carpets
Astro Orbiter
Winnie The Pooh
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids
Toy Story Mania (and based on wait times and FP avail probably won't for a long time:()

dizneydeb22
04-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Magic Kingdom: Astro Orbitor- I cannot bring myself to fly around that high! I have trouble with Dumbo! Also Tom Sawyer Island...that is a must on our next trip in August!

Animal Kingdom- Tricera Top Spin

Hollywood Studios-One Man's Dream (another must do in August) and American Idol...not a fan!

EPCOT: Unfortunately I've never seen any of the movies, except the Norway one. I want to at least do 2 or more on our next trip. And Mission Space...but I'm fairly certain that along with Astro Orbitor, I will never experience it! :sick:

TikiLounger
04-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Kali River Rapids, Beauty and the Beast, Hall of Presidents, Innovations, Aladdin's Magic Carpets, American Idol Experience, Captain EO,Tomorrowland Speedway, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, One Man's Dream...I'm sure there's more. I'll post them as I remember them.

CosmicRay
04-28-2012, 12:02 PM
First of all, it's easier to just tell you what I HAVE riden at AK than all the things I've missed. We've only done ITTBAB, KS and the Lion King Show. Everything else has not been done. I am planning on correcting that on my next trip in 11 days!

And as sad as it is, I have not seen Fantasmic.

And I never did AI at MK nor have I dont Stitch's Great Escape either. And I don't have any plans to change that. The whole family is not a big fan of Stitch.

hope2survive
04-28-2012, 02:54 PM
MK:
Astro Orbitor & Frontier Land Shootin' Arcade
The line for Astro is just always so long and a shooting arcade is nothing special to me.

Epcot:
Circle of Life film - just seemed boring from the description

DHS:
Sounds Dangerous - listened to Intercotees

AK:
Pocohontas and her Forest Friends - is it even still there?
Kali River Rapids - the only big ride I've never done - just didn't want to get soaked

Never been to the water parks or Disney Quest.

Not bad overall, me thinks.

Now there are lots of attractions that aren't there now that I never got to do - that's a whole different thread.

hope2survive
04-28-2012, 02:59 PM
AK - the Nemo show, isn't there a bird show? and the Lion King show (?)
DHS - Indiana Jones show, Beauty and the Beast show

probably accompanied by any number of restaurants as we have tended to stick to just a couple tried and true (and tired) locales

There is a bird show at Animal Kingdom. It is called Flights of Wonder. It is a fun show, worth seeing at least once. The Festival of the Lion King show is my favorite show and I would highly recommend seeing that one. Indiana Jones - you're not missing much in my opinion, but my kids love it and I've seen it way too many times. Beauty and the Beast is ok, but, honestly, it's one of those things that make me fall asleep.

jwallace378
04-29-2012, 10:35 AM
I've never done Tower of Tower (hate "free fall" rides) and Dumbo.

finaldynasty
04-29-2012, 12:08 PM
We have never done Hall of Presidents and Umm.....Lights motor actions? I don't like loud things and cars don't appeal to me at all. But I can't really remember anything else we haven't done. Oh also Nemo show at AK, no thanks.

The Nemo show is a very fun show. I think it would surprise you if you tried it...

TheVBs
04-29-2012, 06:06 PM
We've never done:

Mickey's PhilharMagic
Astro Orbiter (but I really want to!)
Hall of Presidents (again really want to!)
Main St. Trolly
Mission Space (even on the tame one I'd probably get sick :()
Any of the WS movies
Capt. EO
Circle of Life
Toy Story Mania (not for lack of trying, just won't do crazy wait times)
Beauty and the Beast show
American Idol (no interest)
Studio Backlot Tour (want to try this)
Sounds Dangerous (no interest)
Primeval Whirl

Wow! More than I thought there would be.

LudwigVonDrake
04-29-2012, 07:03 PM
I have never been over to Tom Sawyer Island and never ridden Astro Orbiter.

Fastpasssteve
05-01-2012, 01:13 AM
I have never done Aladdin's Magic Carpets. They go up in the air and around in a circle. I got it. Would much rather spend my time waiting in other queues. No offense. Some people just love it.