PDA

View Full Version : Citrico"s Chef's Table or Flying Fish Chef's Wine Tasting?

disneykidsince1970
04-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Hi all - brainstorming ideas for the big 40th bday party - we will be 6 - 8 women.

I am considering Citrico's Chef's Table and the Flying Fish Chef's Wine Tasting.

We might do both - one for the actual bday with just Nikki (my sister) and I and one for the "party" with the whole group.

Opinions/Experiences needed! ThANKS!!

disneykidsince1970
04-24-2012, 12:41 PM
You are too funny Carolyn. I just got on to ask the same question! Can't wait for trip! You are the best sister in the whole world.

Nikki:mickey:

Hammer
04-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Geez, tough choice! I think Flying Fish wine tasting for the 2 of you and for the big group, take over the Chef's Table at Citricos.

Enjoy!

Daisy'sMom
04-24-2012, 04:05 PM
Citricos Chef's Table is our favorite. Go for it. And love seeing sisters so close. I have a few and could not live without talking with them everyday. They are my lifeline. Have fun planning the TRIP!:mickey:

disneykidsince1970
04-25-2012, 06:55 AM
Thanks Daisy'sMom! We are very close and I don't know what we would do w/o each other...and I have to say that our Disney time is a big part of it all! :mickey:

on another note - i am interested in your Citrico's experience. We did it so long ago that I don't remember too much (and it was the Millenium week so to be honest, I think I was a bit tipsy for at least half of the dinner!).

We've eaten there since then so I know we like the food - but we don't need private table just for that. Any opinions much appreciated!!

TheDuckRocks
04-25-2012, 09:00 AM
I was just looking up info on the Chef's Table at Citrico's and I think you would want to do that for the whole group as there is a minimum required charge of $650 that needs to be spent. Even at the cost of food at a signature restaurant that sure would be an awful lot of food for 2 people to come to that total. The negetive thing for us is that the reservation must be at 6 PM only and we want a later time.

disneykidsince1970
04-25-2012, 09:07 AM
I was just looking up info on the Chef's Table at Citrico's and I think you would want to do that for the whole group as there is a minimum required charge of $650 that needs to be spent. Even at the cost of food at a signature restaurant that sure would be an awful lot of food for 2 people to come to that total. The negetive thing for us is that the reservation must be at 6 PM only and we want a later time.

AGREED! I was originally thinking that they would facilitate different groups sharing the night (could be a good idea!) but.. guess not. If we buy some good wine, I think we'll hit the 650 :) I need to check if it qualifies for TiW!

I was thinking 6 is a bit early too - but then thought that for us, it will allow us to hit Jellyrolls afterwards! ;)

Fastpasssteve
05-01-2012, 02:22 AM
I know that The Flying Fish holds special wine events, but their Chef's Table also has wine pairings. Don't confuse the two events. The Wine Dinners happen every once in a while...the Chef's Table is every night.