PDA

View Full Version : Marriner Aniversary Trip Day 1 Part 2

Jim&AngieMarriner
04-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Day one… EPCOT
So DW and I leave our lovely Royal Room in POR and walk over to the bus stop in front of the general store. The bus comes to pick us up relatively fast and awaaayyy we go. Once inside EPCOT we get our bearings as to what we would like to do. We decide that since DW has never been on Spaceship earth that we should do that first. The line was short, only about 15 mins, and we were seated and listening to Dame Judi Dench tell us about the history of communication. We both liked the ride, although there were some things we don’t understand. Like the paperboy, why isn’t he facing the guests? But the animatronics were good for the most part and we both like that.

When we came out of Spaceship Earth we decided to go check out Innovations. Specifically the Coke spot that has all the drink from around the world. We both tried everything to include to Beverly. It wasn’t good but it wasn’t disgusting like I had heard it was. We left there and noticed that it was time for lunch and we decided to find a counter service to use our dining plan at. We noticed that the electric umbrella was closest. I had heard a lot of bad reviews about the place but we decided to chance it. I honestly don’t know why it got bad reviews. The mushroom and bacon burger I had was very tasty and the wife agreed that hers was good as well. Perhaps the folks who have slammed it were pickier than us or they just caught the place on a bad day. Either way we really liked it enough to decide that we will probably eat there again in the future.

After lunch we headed over to Mission Space to ride the Green version. I get very motion sick on rides that spin and the last time I rode this ride I was nauseous for hours afterwards. On a side note, I have always thought they should call the more extreme version the Green version because that’s how you feel after you get off it, GREEN. :ill: We see that MS has a very long wait time and that the fast passes had us returning around 4pm or so and we planned on being in world showcase by then. Also we enjoy adult beverages while in EPCOT and that didn’t seem like a good idea, mixing alcohol and spinning rides. No need to ruin a Cast Members day with a “protein spill”. :ack:

We decide that we should go over to the Living Seas and check it out and also look to see exactly where Coral Reef is since we have our Dining Reservations there that night. So off we go. Walk walk walk… hmm, I feel the tingling sensation of a blister beginning…. That’s not good. Oh well, I will be fine right? It isn’t that bad really. I’m a soldier who has been in the Army for over 20 years. I can handle one little blister. I will be ok right?? This is when I should have been smart and said, hey lets go back to the resort and see if our bags are there and let me change shoes. But NOOOOO, I’m a hard headed idiot.

:nemo: :dory:
We arrive at Living Seas and once again there is almost no line for the Nemo ride. It was a cute ride and I must say I was impressed with the way projected the animations on the tank walls so it looked like the characters were in the tank with the live fish. There really wasn’t much story to the ride which is sort of sad but the effects carry it over the finish line. And honestly the ride is probably geared more for the little ones than older guests. So the ride is over and we wander through the two levels of what used to be Sea Base Alpha. It’s as good as I remember it. I love aquariums and could probably spend 3-4 hours just watching the fish. We looked at everything and learned a thing or two. But there were other things to do in the park.

When we left the Living Seas we asked a Cast Member who was from Haiti where the Coral Reef was. She pointed us in a direction and said to turn left at the “Mine Mine MIne “ At first we had no idea what she was talking about then we realized that she meant the Seagulls who say “Mine Mine Mine” in front of the entrance to the Living Seas. Not sure why but it cracked us up, Turn left at the “Mine Mine Mine”

We walked, ok ok, I was starting to limp, back over to Mission Space in hopes that the stand by line had gotten smaller. But no such luck. On a good not however, the Jaminators were performing and we stood and watched them for a little while. I used to think they were a lot like Stomp but they really aren’t. Their cans have actual drum heads on them and it just looks like cans and such. But no matter how they do it, they have a lot of talent and it was fun to watch. It even made me forget my sore feet for a moment.

I asked DW what she wanted to do next and she said we could go do Journey into Imagination. :figment: She knows I like Figment and the music even if she isn’t a fan. So we go and get seated almost immediately which is great because now its getting difficult to even stand on my feet they hurt so much. I don’t complain at this point because I am not a quitter and think I can tough it out. But folks my feet HURT. If I knew how bad they were going to get later on that night I would have quit right then. But I didn’t, like I said before I am a Moron. I remember think at some point during the day that Darwin is going to jump out of the bushes and kill me because I could infect the rest of the human race with my idiocy and he wants the species to survive.

Once we leave Figment behind we decided that we needed to get over to the World showcase and get busy with what they had to offer. Also our first stop was going to be Mexico and there is a Tequila bar I was wanting to check out.
:marg:

SBETigg
04-24-2012, 12:03 PM
I hope the tequila made your feet feel better. Sadly, it doesn't always help the brain function. ;)
I think most of us would have tried to be the trouper and carry on, even with the blisters getting worse. So sorry for it, though. Ouch.

BrerGnat
04-24-2012, 12:57 PM
You're cracking me up with all your idiot references. At least you can make fun of yourself...that's a good quality to have. I've done a very similar thing. For me it was Crocs at Disneyland. NEVER again.

princessgirls
04-24-2012, 01:37 PM
We've all had poor judgment in shoes. It happens....

Tequila and :marg: help!!

Don't be too hard on yourself. Sounds like a great day in spite of your aching feet.

Julie:mickey:

awaggett
04-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Your posts are cracking me up! I have unfortunately had numerous bad blister issues. The worst were with croc flip flops at Magic Kingdom and once with dressy sandals in Vegas that ended in a staph infection.

Hope your blisters get better during the trip!

AgentC
04-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Day one… EPCOT

But I didn’t, like I said before I am a Moron. I remember think at some point during the day that Darwin is going to jump out of the bushes and kill me because I could infect the rest of the human race with my idiocy and he wants the species to survive.

I am so sorry your feet hurt, but I almost feel out of my chair laughing when I read this. Hope your trip (and feet) got better.

faline
04-24-2012, 06:43 PM
The newspaper boy in Spaceship:Earth used to face the folks coming by - why they turned him around to face away is an eternal mystery - perhaps someone broke his face and the only option was to show his back??

Loved the story about "Mine Mine Mine"! Those seagulls are a favorite based on a previous visit with a 2 year old who was totally enchanted!!

Sounds like the feet are taking a beating - hope that doesn't impact the rest of your trip!

LilHooligan74
04-25-2012, 12:34 AM
I think you and I must be kin somehow.

yjgirl32
04-25-2012, 11:23 AM
With enough tequilas your foot won't hurt any more. LOL

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Oh no bad blisters can ruin a trip.:(

DisneyorBust
04-28-2012, 06:10 PM
I think we may be related. :D Hello, my name is Eric and I am an idiot! We can start a support group.....
Hopefully, soaking your feet in the Tequila helped. ;)

vizsla
04-30-2012, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the report.

Jim&AngieMarriner
05-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks for commenting guys :mickey:

emerzmom
05-11-2012, 03:46 PM
I foolishly brought a brand new pair of shoes on my last trip. I know better than to do something like that but I was just not thinking ahead. I got a blister as well and it bothered me the entire trip! It is tough for your feet to hurt at WDW!!!!!!

Zawadi
05-12-2012, 09:25 AM
So the tequila might relieve the pain in your feet but it might increase the pain in your head when combined with the "I told you so!" ear bashing that I think will be coming your way :)

Need to read next installment.

shadowden
05-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Ouch! My feet are hurting just reading. Sounds like things get worse before they get better.

Thanks for the report!

January-2007
05-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Thank you for reporting!