PDA

View Full Version : Day 5-Return from Riverside Report 4/9-4/15

RavsRuleDisney!
04-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Day 5 sunny / low 80's (best trip weather EVER! :mickey:)

HS early today. Managed to ride TSM 4 times - would have been 5 but ride broke down last go 'round - DS12 and his 170k held up even though dad squeezed in a 158k last ride....incentive for next trip!! :thumbsup:
FINALLY caught Indiant Jones for the first time - really well done. Action + funny = happy DS'. DW and DS10 went to TofT while DS12 and I went back to resort - laundry day. :( Doing laundry means yup, it's getting near the end....oh well, still more to do.

OK, another we-have-never-done before that we finally tackled when DW & DS10 got back to the resort---a ride on one of those 4-seat surrey bikes. Now I have seen many a family happily tooling around on these things but OMG!! Whether it was because my DW and I were on one side of the bike or the fact my DS10 could barely reach the pedals or we had a bike "lemon"....it was horrible! It was such a workout moving this thing and any little hill was an effort to keep from moving backwards! We were also laughing our butts off at the same time - or sweating them off - so it wasn't a total disaster. We rode about 15 minutes out of our 1/2 hour and crept back in, dropped her off and staggered back to the room. Where is my re-fillable mug!!

Anyway, DW comes thru with another unexpected, last minute ressies at one of DH's faves - Cape May Cafe! Went to HS for TofT FP's first then off to din-din. Haven't been in several trips and plenty of tasty options. The spare ribs were really yumm. Off to HS where TSM had broken down. DS12 and I walked thru One's Man Dream exhibit which is a great diversion and is quite interesting while the other two hit up TofT. Fantasmic next which was great as always - changed it up some since we last saw it. Did the late show so wasn't overly crowded which meant less of a hassle getting out. Late night. One more full day coming up....

SBETigg
04-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Oh, the bike! What an experience. You made some priceless family memories on that one, no doubt. I haven't tried one, but they do look like fun. Maybe not. :) You get bonus points for trying something new. And wow, what a full day!

faline
04-24-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm impressed - Toy Story Mania multiple times in one day?!!

Those bikes seem like a fun idea but I see so many folks struggling on them that we continue to pass them by.

vizsla
04-25-2012, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the report.

shadowden
04-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Never tried Cape May Cafe. Will have to give it a go next time.

Sounds like another great day!

AJ Springfield
04-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Those surrey bikes were unbelievably hard for our family back in 2004!!! We had two kids (3&4 years old) in the front basket seat and the remaining three had to pedal. We laughed, offered rides to whomever could help pedal, etc. Looking back, it was fun--- but we will never do it again. Glad you are having a wonderful time!!!!

forever a child
05-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Everyone has to try the Surrey bikes at least once! :D DD and I did it once and it was only a success because she was so light at the time! Plus I got a couple great photos! :bike:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Your braver than I would be with that bike:blush:

January-2007
05-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Thanks for reporting.