PDA

View Full Version : 8yo going with friends to Disney will we need forms for security, or medical treatmen

g8rgirl29
04-24-2012, 02:27 AM
My 8yo will be travelling to Disney via airplane to Orlando and back with friends. I have 2 questions: Will they need any ID or note stating that it is okay for them to take our child for TSA? Is there a general form out there to sign over for temporary medical treatment guardian? Thank you!!

kg00616
04-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Amazingly, no you don't have to provide anything for your child to travel with someone else!

As for medical consent, here's a form you can download and fill out:
http://www.momready.com/articles/content.asp?ID=12

BrerGnat
04-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Does your child have a medical insurance ID card. If so, give it to the friend's parents in case your son needs urgent/emergent medical care during the trip. It will save you from a serious billing headache later on.

If your child has any sort of photo ID card, send that as well, just in case.

You should also send a notarized letter giving authorization for medical care if necessary.

Disney Doll
04-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Amazingly, no you don't have to provide anything for your child to travel with someone else!

As for medical consent, here's a form you can download and fill out:
http://www.momready.com/articles/content.asp?ID=12

It is surprising isn't it? We once took our nieces to Disney and were kind of surprised that nobody asked us anything when we took two young kids on a cross country plane trip without their parents. You'll get questioned over a lotion in your purse, but random kids are a-okay.

g8rgirl29
04-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Thanks everyone!! The Mom my DD is going with found some forms and we have medical treatment consent + insurance cards and a travel consent form that I was able to get notarized today just in case. I also got a copy of her picture and student info from the school which has her info as some form of ID. More than likely, as you say, they won't even question it at all but better safe than sorry.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Your last post had the key word - NOTARY!! The papers don't do the "temporary guardian" (that is in essence what you are granting the other Mom) any good if they have not been notarized.

Hope your DD has a great time and that the papers are never needed.