PDA

View Full Version : What is there to DO at other resorts??

mommy2maddi
04-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Going to WDW in November...the 10-17. :) Have only been there in the summer when the park hours are until midnight or so. Since the park hours are shorter in November I'm thinking we may need to plan on other activities at the resorts. We are staying at POP but I have caught conversations here and there about beaches at Poly or CBC. Can you suggest an idea or two that would be fun to do at another resort in our "out-of-park" time? Thanks so much!!!!!
Also, do the buses stop running when the parks close???
:mickey:

Buttercup
04-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Buses to/from the parks keep running for an hour or so after the parks close to make sure everyone gets back to their resorts. But buses to/from places like Downtown Disney (that are open until 11pm or later every night) continue running.

If you're visiting other resorts, there's lots to do! You can't use their pools, but you CAN:
- dine at their restaurants
- explore their gift shops
- wander around and look at their theming
- play on the playgrounds
- if the resort is along water, you can rent boats etc from the marina, go fishing, etc.
- if the resort is along the 7 Seas Lagoon (Contemporary, Poly, GF, WL or Fort Wilderness) you can watch the Electrical Water Pageant in the evenings

At Fort Wilderness, you can:
- catch the Hoop Dee Doo revue (a dinner show)
- go horseback riding
- rent bicycles and go through the trails
- catch the campfire singalong and outdoor movie every evening

At the Boardwalk, you can wander through the shops & stores along the waterfront as well.

At both Port Orleans (and I'm sure there are other resorts that do this too, but I am forgetting right now!) you can take a leisurely boat ride to Downtown Disney and back.

Some resorts also offer Surrey Bike rentals which are fun!

You can get your face painted, hair braided, get temporary tattoos and more at most resorts too!

Outside of the resorts, you can go to play minigolf at one of the two minigolf courses.

Tink#64
04-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Wow! Buttercup did a great job hitting the highlights! :tiphat: I don't have much to add to that! I can say my family always enjoys an evening at The Boardwalk! My DH & DS's really enjoy dinner at The ESPN Club & then we stroll the boardwalk, always lots of entertainment & the waterfront is so pretty! I love shopping the General Store and dreaming in the Art Gallery!

The Wilderness Lodge is lots of fun! Dinner at The Whispering Canyon Cafe is always a rip roaring good time! Shop & explore, end up at the boat docks to see the Floating Electrical Pageant (check time, I'm thinking 9:45).

We also enjoy riding the MK Monorail loop & hopping off at those resorts for exploring! We really enjoy time spent at The Polynesian! Beautiful grounds & dinner at O'Hana's is wonderful! Or plan dinner at Chef Mickey's & spend the evening exploring the Contemporary! Very cool resort!

We pick at least one new resort to explore each trip! We always have a great time doing that! I also have to say, putt putt at Fantasia Gardens is alot of fun! We took the bus from Pop to DHS. Then we boated over to the Swan & Dolphin, walked across the property & right across the street was FG! Easy as pie & lots of fun!

But I also have to mention DTD! We love it there, We usually make at least 2 or 3 trips for shopping, dining, enjoying the free entertainment & just WDW lively atmosphere there! :thumbsup:

faline
04-24-2012, 06:17 PM
You can go to the campfire and movie with Chip & Dale at Fort Wilderness. Additionally, a number of resorts now featue movies in the evenings. You can bring your own fixings for s'mores or buy the fixings at the campground.

Visit the Poly Beach and watch the Electrical Water Parade and, if available, the fireworks from the beach there. On our last trip, we thought about heading into the Magic Kingdom on our last evening (We had dined at Kona Cafe). Instead, we opted to head out to the beach after dinner. It was the perfect choice for our group which included a 4 year old. He was able to play in the sand while we waited for the fireworks and it was a much more relaxed evening than had we been among the hordes in the park.

Go to Wilderness Lodge and go on the Hidden Mickey hunt. Ask for a clue list at the desk. This can keep you and your family busy for quite a while!

Rent a float boat. While the zippy little boats are fun, the float boats allow you much more room to move around on board and enjoy a leisurely cruise around the lagoon.

Enjoy!

mommy2maddi
04-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Lots of great ideas! Thank-you,Thank-you, Thank-you!!!!!:mickey:

azcavalier
04-25-2012, 12:35 PM
I just want to "second" the Boardwalk. There are usually a couple of street performers out. One time there was a magician, and i'm still trying to figure it out....

At Port Orleans Riverside, you can go to the River Roost Lounge and watch Bob Jackson play the piano with various antics. He's a hoot. If you want more info, just Google Yehaa Bob.