PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort

Pages : [1] 2

DizneyFreak2002
04-23-2012, 11:23 AM
From the Disney Parks Blog:

Today, we’re excited to officially announce plans to bring your favorite Starbucks drinks and food items to all of our theme parks at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

In June, the first of six planned Starbucks locations is scheduled to open at Disney California Adventure park. And more locations are planned at Disneyland park and Walt Disney World Resort (Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom).

The Starbucks locations inside our parks will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Disney California Adventure park, Starbucks will be located in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café on Buena Vista Street, a place that transports guests to 1920s Los Angeles, when Walt Disney arrived in California and a cup of coffee was the perfect way to jumpstart a busy day. The store’s location plays off the Spanish/Mexican architecture of the period, and baristas will wear 1920s-inspired attire.

The café will serve Starbucks items, including coffee and espresso beverages, Frappuccino® blended beverages, and signature breakfast sandwiches and pastries. Guests also will have their choice of Disney favorites, including signature sandwiches and other items, as well as delicious desserts and sweet treats.

dizneydeb22
04-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Now I'll have no reason to leave the resort at all! :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
04-23-2012, 11:28 AM
:sick: MMM just what I want, expensive mud for coffee. lol. I hate Starbucks.

Ian
04-23-2012, 11:32 AM
:ack:

shadowden
04-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Really not that excited about this. I'm more of a DD guy...

SurferStitch
04-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Finally!! Every trip DH and I comment on how we'd love a Starbucks on property.

:cloud9:

BrerGnat
04-23-2012, 11:53 AM
This is better than Nescafe, but I agree that Starbucks is generally :ack:.

I had heard about the Disneyland locations awhile back, but I'm surprised that they will be INSIDE the parks. I don't really like that...

Maleficent's Dad
04-23-2012, 12:13 PM
This is better than Nescafe, but I agree that Starbucks is generally :ack:.

I had heard about the Disneyland locations awhile back, but I'm surprised that they will be INSIDE the parks. I don't really like that...

:ditto:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-23-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm a hot tea person myself so this does nothing for me! As long as I can get hot water - I'm good - have tea bags, will travel.

scooterca42
04-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Maybe it'll open the door for Tim Hortons in the Canadian pavilion?? :D

DizneyRox
04-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Hopefully a 1/2 decent cup of coffe in the parks. I'm nota huge fan of Starbucks, but I don't mind their coffee. I usually pack enough coffee in my suitcase for the trip, it will be nice to be able to get some mid day if necessary.

We'll have to see how it's implemented though. I can't imagine what a Starbucks would look like inside Magic Kingdom or Epcot quite frankly. AK will probably make it happen with a Kiosk like most of their "fast food" offerings.

Melanie
04-23-2012, 12:32 PM
I love this!!! I hit up the Starbucks every time we go to Universal. If the locations are done well thematically, I have no problem with this at all.

valjane
04-23-2012, 12:35 PM
I just can't imagine how a Starbucks stand can run efficiently with thousands and thousands of potential customers (all probably ordering obnoxiously complicated drinks, too!)

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-23-2012, 01:17 PM

Now THAT would be awesome. :cloud9:

But, I'll take Starbucks, anything is an improvement.

Ian
04-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Really not that excited about this. I'm more of a DD guy...:ditto:

This is better than Nescafe, but I agree that Starbucks is generally :ack:.I actually like Starbucks' lattes and things like that, I just can't tolerate their coffee. Tastes gross and burned.

Dopey's Girl
04-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Real coffee...Yeah!!! That nescafe stuff is wretched!

CuteAsMinnie
04-23-2012, 02:02 PM
I used to love our then friendly Starbucks, really I did, until the medium (sorry, Grande) push a button n dump some milk n u got a burnt beverage hit the $4.50 price point, or..or the 'make it your way' Frapp with no coffee but you can buy a shot, or pump of syrup and u get flovored ice dumped in a blender for only $5.25+. At this point, I grew up and asked Santa for my very own espresso machine.:secret:

I love the frozen latte at MK, the little places to grab coffee in DHS, AK and EPCOT and. Opting certainly beats Kona. It ads to my experience.

Remember folks, Starbucks is NOT in the coffee business, they are in the real estate business.

:mickey:

disneymomma2010
04-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Im all for more options. My question is ...will it be on the dining plan?

DVC2004
04-23-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm not a coffee drinker, but I am sure those who despise NesCafe will be very happy!

Now if they would only drop Coke and bring in Pepsi...

Mammabruski
04-23-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm wondering if this means that all the coffee (Nescafe) will be replaced with Starbucks coffee at all the restaurants... You know, something along the lines of "We proudly serve Starbucks Coffee"....

Mendelson
04-23-2012, 02:52 PM
A long time ago, in a galaxy called "Washington, DC," I managed a Starbucks store that was very high volume - over 1000 transactions in a 14-hour day.

As some of you have maybe experienced, Starbucks does not run well when it's churning out Frappuccino after Frappuccino. My weekday customers flew in and out of the store and on the weekends - when it was mostly tourists - things ground to a halt. Thus, I anticipate very long lines and long waits. Though perhaps nothing different than at any other quick-service type place in the parks.

As for the coffee, it certainly is not for everyone. The "burnt" taste people complain about is a result of Starbucks sourcing very high quality beans that quite simply reach their peak flavor at a darker roasting point. Just like with, say Guinness, it's an acquired taste.

For even those who hate it, however, I can't imagine it being worse than the awful, sour, stale-tasting, weak stuff everywhere else on property.

Now all that said, I HATE the idea of bringing a big brand like Starbucks into Disney...I see Starbucks and I'm reminded of the outside world, which I seek to escape in the parks.

MyPastelHeart
04-23-2012, 03:21 PM
I am jumping up and down in excitement...I have waited 7 years for this!!! :thumbsup::party:

Hammer
04-23-2012, 03:31 PM
I just sent a link to this information to my sister. She will be sooo happy! Heck, I'm happy I can get a nice Java Chip non-fat frappuccino on a hot day at Disney!

Really not that excited about this. I'm more of a DD guy...

See, I (and the rest of my family) are not real DD fans. Just do not like the taste of their coffee :ack: !

Gator
04-23-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm not a coffee fan, but I do like mochas and stuff like that. HOWEVER, everything from Char-bucks tastes like it's been run through a BBQ grill filter. I like BBQ flavor on meat and all, but mochas and hot chocolates?

Another thing - Starbucks are expensive outside of the parks. What's it gonna be like inside?

Mrs Bus Driver
04-23-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't mind a brand name in the parks, it is no worse then when they sold McDonalds french frys at DL. There was no way I was going to stop for frys when I was at the park but some people just love them. Frankly I won't mind being able to get a latte when I'm at a park in the morning. Think it's a great way to start the day. BTW I also hate nescafe coffee and always bring my own coffee for in the room. :mickey:

CuteAsMinnie
04-23-2012, 03:47 PM
The more I think about this the more I dislike. Could this be the first of a national chain to open up residency at the WDW parks?:mad:

I would much rather see something like Poly's Kona Coffe sprout a couple of shops throughout the World.

AmandaChan
04-23-2012, 03:49 PM
while it is hard finding good coffee on site, i do not even want to know how much a triple shot mocha (my usual) will cost a park. it's already like $4.65.... i can imagine it will be at least $6 for a latte...

my new favorite is the little lattes they have at the bakery. i dono why i liked them so much, but they hit the spot on the mornings we were at MK last trip.

and also i agree with pp. the thought of starbucks at a wdw park seems kind of disheartening. why do they have to invite chains into their parks?

AmandaChan
04-23-2012, 03:51 PM
The more I think about this the more I dislike. Could this be the first of a national chain to open up residency at the WDW parks?:mad:

I would much rather see something like Poly's Kona Coffe sprout a couple of shops throughout the World.

does mcdonalds count? although they're not there anymore.

AmandaChan
04-23-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm not a coffee fan, but I do like mochas and stuff like that. HOWEVER, everything from Char-bucks tastes like it's been run through a BBQ grill filter. I like BBQ flavor on meat and all, but mochas and hot chocolates?

haha, that actually made me chuckle a little bit. so true. i do like the mochas though, that's the only thing I get there. and i might find a craving for it one day. but i think they will definitely make their $$ considering how many people visit the parks, and how many people drink coffee and already consume starbucks. regardless of price.

mickeyman42
04-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Wi-fi and now starbucks everywhere? Wow welcome to the year 2000 WDW! Seriously though this is awesome, no offsite trips just to get a decent coffee!

darthmacho
04-23-2012, 04:36 PM

I agree. I much prefer Green Mountain Coffee, Newman's Own, or Dunkin' Donuts. I've never cared for Starbucks or Seattle's Best.

Nevertheless, if WDW was going to bring in a coffee contract, I suppose Starbucks makes sense business-wise, and at least it should be an improvement from the stuff they have now. :surf:

BoardwalkDweller
04-23-2012, 04:41 PM
That so called "burned" taste is what "COFFEE" tastes like! All those DD and GM coffees add syrup to their beans giving it that "Americanized everything must taste like candy canes" flavor!

I am super psyched for some proper "COFFEE" and Starbucks does it best!!!

Welcome aboard, Starbucks!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:thumbsup:

Jeff
04-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Great news!:thumbsup:

DonaldDuckUSA
04-23-2012, 05:22 PM
As long as Disney doesn't start looking like City Walk I'll be fine.

Main Street Jim
04-23-2012, 05:24 PM
"Here you leave the world of today, and visit the lands of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy."

Or something like that.

Guess not any more :\

Thought the whole idea behind the Disney theme parks, according to Walt, was to leave the outside world behind.

*Sigh*.

Disney can hardly do anything on their own any more - even a cup of coffee.

joonyer
04-23-2012, 05:38 PM
"Here you leave the world of today, and visit the lands of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy."

Or something like that.

Thought the whole idea behind the Disney theme parks, according to Walt, was to leave the outside world behind.

*Sigh*.

We've always seen the Coca-Cola brand in every Disney theme park eatery, so I don't see a brand name of coffee really being much different as far as bringing the outside world into the parks. Starbucks may not be everyone's "cup of tea", but anything is better than Nescafe. That's not even real coffee.

Jared
04-23-2012, 05:39 PM

Or something like that.

*Sigh*.

Come on now, Jim. You're enough of a Disney historian to write a post like that. The Disney theme parks -- and Walt Disney World in particular -- were built on partnerships like this. National chains have had a presence in Disney parks from the beginning. Only now have the hardcore fans decided this is somehow sacrilege.

There is a giant Coca-Cola advertisement on every sign for Cosmic Ray's. The cookies at the Main Street Bakery come from Nestle. The ice cream next door is Edy's -- the same junk you can find in any supermarket freezer. The Dole Whip -- every Disney fan's beloved treat -- is sold in several locations in Hawaii because it is made by the Dole Food Company.

Heck, the Orange Bird, the stupid little creature that has set the Disney fan community ablaze with enthusiasm and excitement, was an advertising mascot for the freaking Florida Citrus Growers.

By all accounts, Disney's coffee (also called Nescafe, a national brand) is horrendous. People like Starbucks. As long as the Starbucks locations in the parks are appropriately themed -- and we have no reason to believe they won't be -- there is no downside to this. I don't want green aprons taking over the Main Street Bakery. That won't happen.

We have reached a point in the Disney fan community that people will find a reason to complain about everything. This is nothing new. In fact, there would be no Walt Disney World if not for deals like this.

joonyer
04-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Come on now, Jim. You're enough of a Disney historian to write a post like that. The Disney theme parks -- and Walt Disney World in particular -- were built on partnerships like this. National chains have had a presence in Disney parks from the beginning. Only now have the hardcore fans decided this is somehow sacrilege.

There is a giant Coca-Cola advertisement on every sign for Cosmic Ray's. The cookies at the Main Street Bakery come from Nestle. The ice cream next door is Edy's -- the same junk you can find in any supermarket freezer. The Dole Whip -- every Disney fan's beloved treat -- is sold in several locations in Hawaii because it is made by the Dole Food Company.

Heck, the Orange Bird, the stupid little creature that has set the Disney fan community ablaze with enthusiasm and excitement, was an advertising mascot for the freaking Florida Citrus Growers.

By all accounts, Disney's coffee (also called Nescafe, a national brand) is horrendous. People like Starbucks. As long as the Starbucks locations in the parks are appropriately themed -- and we have no reason to believe they won't be -- there is no downside to this. I don't want green aprons taking over the Main Street Bakery. That won't happen.

We have reached a point in the Disney fan community that people will find a reason to complain about everything. This is nothing new. In fact, there would be no Walt Disney World if not for deals like this.

:ditto::exactly::thanks:
You said much better than I did.

CuteAsMinnie
04-23-2012, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=AmandaChan;2260163]
my new favorite is the little lattes they have at the bakery. i dono why i liked them so much, but they hit the spot on the mornings we were at MK last trip.

:cloud9:Frozen Lattes at the Main Street Bakery:D

CuteAsMinnie
04-23-2012, 05:52 PM
A long time ago, in a galaxy called "Washington, DC," I managed a Starbucks store that was very high volume - over 1000 transactions in a 14-hour day.

As some of you have maybe experienced, Starbucks does not run well when it's churning out Frappuccino after Frappuccino. My weekday customers flew in and out of the store and on the weekends - when it was mostly tourists - things ground to a halt. Thus, I anticipate very long lines and long waits.

Nah, guests will be able to pre-order their triple shot half caf while waiting in line at Splash Mountain via the new X-Pass!!

Melanie
04-23-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm actually shocked coming home and reading this thread, and seeing the adversion to this. I thought the reaction would be much more positive. Again, I'm so thrilled about no more Nescapoop and think the addition of Starbucks will be done tastefully and within theme. I can't wait for this to be complete. :coffee:

Jared
04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm actually shocked coming home and reading this thread, and seeing the adversion to this. I thought the reaction would be much more positive. Again, I'm so thrilled about no more Nescapoop and think the addition of Starbucks will be done tastefully and within theme. I can't wait for this to be complete. :coffee:
Criticism of a Disney announcement surprises you?! It should surprise you when they announce something that people actually like!

(For the record, 99% of the people who complain about announcements end up being satisfied with the final product. How many of us criticized the announcement for Toy Story Mania? Or the castle projection show?)

Melanie
04-23-2012, 06:06 PM
(For the record, 99% of the people who complain about announcements end up being satisfied with the final product. How many of us criticized the announcement for Toy Story Mania? Or the castle projection show?)

Guilty of Magic, Memories & You :blush: , not Toy Story Mania though.

Yes, this all does surprise me as popular as Starbucks is in our culture. That said, I do not get the love for Dunkin Donuts (doughnuts or coffee). So I guess to each his own. :D

Daisy'sMom
04-23-2012, 06:08 PM

I hate their coffee!!

Jared
04-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Guilty of Magic, Memories & You :blush: , not Toy Story Mania though.

Yes, this all does surprise me as popular as Starbucks is in our culture. That said, I do not get the love for Dunkin Donuts (doughnuts or coffee). So I guess to each his own. :D
I was pretty confused by the Magic, Memories and You announcement, too. :blush:

I don't actually drink coffee, so this doesn't affect me one way or the other. My dad, who is a coffee drinker, seemed pleased.

lindique
04-23-2012, 06:39 PM
I think the grumbling is about a retail store in the middle of the park. The other examples listed (Coke, McDonald's Frys, Edy's Ice Cream) were regular commercial items, but were being sold at Disney World Stores by Disney employees. I don't like the idea myself, but I would be happier about it if Starbucks Coffee products were offered on the menus of the regular counter service restaurants.

Jared
04-23-2012, 07:06 PM
If it means anything, I understand that the folks working in the Disney Starbucks locations will be full-fledged cast members.

DizneyFreak2002
04-23-2012, 07:17 PM

I think it would be much more positive if Starbucks had good coffee... LOL...

Reading this thread only proves how everyone has different tastes and how it is hard to cater to ALL their guests... I'm sure the other coffee will still be available if someone doesn't want a Starbucks coffee...

Main Street Jim
04-23-2012, 07:31 PM
If it means anything, I understand that the folks working in the Disney Starbucks locations will be full-fledged cast members.
I don't think they will be "full-fledged" CM's; they'll be Starbucks employees working in the parks, much like Kodak PhotoPass, Balzac (when they were in the parks), Coca-Cola (at Club Cool), etc. When I worked at Downtown Disney, I worked for a "third-party" "operating partner" - it wasn't owned by Disney, but, I got a Disney ID (green one), a Disney nametag, and some of the benefits (getting into the parks, etc.).

I think they'll just be "operating participants".

big blue and hairy
04-23-2012, 07:31 PM

I'm amazed at the amount of people who hate Starbucks coffee. It tastes more like real coffee than anything I've had in this country. If the coffee you're getting tastes burnt, one of two things is happening, you're used to watered down generic "Folgers-type" coffee, or you're ordering the wrong type of Starbucks, they have a lot of choices.

This is a guess, but unfortunately, Melanie, I don't think Nescafe is going away. I think the places you'll see Starbucks are at the coffee kiosks that are not Disney run and are by the way Jim, a chain, just a small one, with lousy pastries. I would love to see Starbucks resort wide, but I don't think this is what this is. :coffee:

:sulley:

big blue and hairy
04-23-2012, 07:34 PM

I like their donuts, but their coffee...eehh, it's ok, better than Nescafe, but ok.

JRocker
04-23-2012, 07:47 PM
I have never had a cup of coffee from Starbucks (way too expensive for my income), but it will be good to see something different than that other refuse WDW has been serving for years.

Like many, I have my hopes that it will be tastefully integrated into the parks.

The most entertaining part of this thread, at least for me, are the ones who claim that Starbuck's coffee is "real coffee".

Really?

Hold on a sec. Just poured myself a cup of coffee from my personal coffee pot.

It looks real.

Hot! Hot! It feels real.

Hmm. Whadoyaknow, it even tastes real!

Well if this ain't real, I need to call doc and up my meds.

finaldynasty
04-23-2012, 08:12 PM
There is a God and he has answered our prayers!

joanna71985
04-23-2012, 08:55 PM
I love this!!! I hit up the Starbucks every time we go to Universal. If the locations are done well thematically, I have no problem with this at all.

Me too! I love the one at Universal

ElenitaB
04-23-2012, 09:30 PM
All I can say is Hallelujah!

I think the grumbling is about a retail store in the middle of the park.
Hmmm. I can think of a few that are already there: Smuckers, Arribas Bros., Werther's. I'm sure that there are a few that I've forgotten.

IAgain, I'm so thrilled about no more Nescapoop and think the addition of Starbucks will be done tastefully and within theme. I can't wait for this to be complete. :coffee:
Me either but from what I could tell from the Disney Parks Blog, contracts in place continue to be in place. :(

mickeys_princess_mom
04-23-2012, 09:30 PM
I am happy about this! I already planned to bring my little supply of Mocha Via, but it's nice to know more is available if I want it! I used to think it had to overrated, but now I don't enjoy any other kind as much! I make my weekly trip to Target, and it starts each day off just right. My little cup of sanity.
:tasty:

hope2survive
04-23-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm genuinely surprised by how many posters dislike their coffee. They must be doing something right to be all over the planet like they are. To each his own, but I love their coffee. The darker the roast and the stronger the better. And I am not one bit ashamed to order my favorite Triple Venti Non Fat Hazlenut Latte.:joy::joy:

Melanie
04-23-2012, 10:32 PM
I guess Starbucks is doing something right for it to be as popular as it is throughout the WORLD. I guess I'm not reading up in the right places, because this is the first time I've heard about the 'burnt' taste and hate for Starbucks. Expensive? Yes, and I understand that. But the hate stuff is all new for me.

Hmmm. I can think of a few that are already there: Smuckers, Arribas Bros., Werther's. I'm sure that there are a few that I've forgotten.

Exactly Ellen! They are there, but none as big of a retailer as Starbucks, thus the reaction.

Me either but from what I could tell from the Disney Parks Blog, contracts in place continue to be in place. :(

And I don't have a problem with that either. Point is, there will now be a CHOICE. And then hopefully in a few years to come, it will be fully integrated. One can hope, right?

Buttercup
04-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Mmmm...
Starbucks Grande Hot Chocolate with Whipped Cream and Chocolate Syrup drizzled on top.
:tasty: LOVE. IT. :thumbsup:

ShanPooh
04-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Well by then Charbucks will at least have phased out their bug based red dye used in some of their drinks. :sick:

We'll probably just stick with the french pressed coffee at Boma when we go to WDW.

Nescafe holds a special place in my heart after being in Thailand. Their 3 in 1 beverage (equal parts sugar, powdered creamer, and coffee) was much more prevalent than traditional coffee.

Jared
04-23-2012, 10:49 PM
All I can say is Hallelujah!

Exactly Ellen! They are there, but none as big of a retailer as Starbucks, thus the reaction.

Isn't the Twinings Tea place in the United Kingdom pavilion in Epcot a chain as well?

John
04-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Trenta iced coffee please. Cream and 3 splendas. :D - I am also the rare one who likes both Dunkin and Starbucks.

There is nothing worse than the NescaPoop that they called "coffee".

2Epcot
04-23-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm not a coffee drinker, but if it keeps more people in line waiting for coffee, and takes them out of the attraction lines, I'm all for it.

Dsnygirl
04-24-2012, 12:02 AM
I am beyond thrilled... I have searched and searched for a decent latte at WDW, and beyond being able to find one at the Poly at the latte kiosk next to the Kona Cafe, it's been a desperate struggle. ;) This truly is music to my ears, and to my obvious addiction. :thumbsup:

My husband, however, about fell over and began wondering what it would do to our food budget... he also loves their lattes, as does my 13 yr old DD who is OCCASIONALLY allowed one, and does her level best to beg for one at every occasion.... we all love their pastries, and our new fave are the cake pops... looks like a dangerous road for us... :blush:

BrerSchultzy
04-24-2012, 01:15 AM
So, I notice the Disney Blog post says the Starbucks locations will fit in with the theming of the area, and will also feature Disney favorites, like sandwiches and such. So, instead of arguing over whether or not Starbucks sells decent coffee, we should be wildly speculating as the locations of these shops.
MK - I sincerely hope it does not replace Main St. Bakery. It would, however, fit nicely in Liberty Square, down in the old Nestle counter service.
EPCOT - As much as I would love to hear that Disney has partnered with Starbucks and James Cameron to convert Wonders of Life into a Starbucks themed land, I imagine the Fountian Espresso location will be taken over.
DHS - Buy the Book, I guess. There is no way they'll convert Starring Rolls....is there?
AK - ??? - Perhaps they will completely remove the Yeti from Everest, and put him behind the counter of the Anandapur Starbucks.

Dragongirlx
04-24-2012, 03:45 AM
I am very happy about this. I love Starbucks and will be looking forward to getting my grande triple shot skinny latte.
I really don't like the coffee at WDW that you get now. I find it horribly weak and tasteless.
I am also looking forward to seeing what differences there are from the Starbucks there then the ones we have in the UK. At the moment we don't get the same range of coffees in the UK and I have to wait till I get to America to get one of my faves - a pumpkin spiced latte which I usually get on my way out of the US from the Starbucks at the airport

Madame Leona
04-24-2012, 08:08 AM

I like it:mickey:

Dawneeeey
04-24-2012, 08:34 AM
:thumbsup:On a hot day, grande shaken green tea iced unsweetened please or a grande skinny java chip frappuccino. Cold days, tall earl grey tea latte or grande skinny chai tea latte. I don't drink coffee. :-) I <3 Starbucks!!
:mickey::number1:

sonamae80
04-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Coffee for me is :ack:!
But, give me a Venti Vanilla Bean Frappaccino and I'm yours! :D

Cjsmom1811
04-24-2012, 10:49 AM
So excited for this! Praying for a CM discount!! LOL!!!!

Paid $4 for a TINY iced coffee at MK on sunday. It was HORRIBLE!!! :sick:

Joannelet
04-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Omg! Best news ever! My hubby goes off property every morning to Starbucks. This is perfect! Made my day! When will this occur?

Dulcee
04-24-2012, 11:16 AM
As a loyal starbucks lover (both black coffee and mixed drinks, I know not of this burnt flavor that everyone is complaining about) I'm all for this.

I'll be quite pleased to finally get a decent cup of coffee in the parks.

Mousemates
04-24-2012, 11:17 AM
not the world's biggest starbucks fan, but at least its real coffee and will be an improvement over the relatively tasteless dark brown water you typically get in the parks....we will probably just continue to brew our own back in the room though.

shadowden
04-24-2012, 11:18 AM
See, I (and the rest of my family) are not real DD fans. Just do not like the taste of their coffee :ack: !

To each their own... right?

I'll agree that is better than the usual sludge they serve up right now. :sick:

princessgirls
04-24-2012, 11:29 AM
I am a DD girl, and will have a Starbucks on occasion... HOWEVER, ANY this is a big improvement over the **** they have currently.
Unless you are at select places were they actually have good coffee. Norway and the Poly come to mind, this is good news!!

I go without...

Julie:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
04-24-2012, 11:31 AM
I guess Starbucks is doing something right for it to be as popular as it is throughout the WORLD. I guess I'm not reading up in the right places, because this is the first time I've heard about the 'burnt' taste and hate for Starbucks. Expensive? Yes, and I understand that. But the hate stuff is all new for me. Honestly, I drink the bold, (and we grind it at home too), and it is no more expensive for me to fill my mug up at Starbucks than it is for me to get an equal quality dark roast elsewhere. Sure I could purchase a donut store cup, but it just isn't the same.

:soapbox: As a side note, most of the coffees served at Starbucks are Ethically sourced beans which means that there is Economic, Social and Environmental responsibility. Fairtrade coffee helps smaller farms keep their profits and invest in their product and community. This makes my green peace loving heart very very happy indeed. I will step down from my soapbox now. ;)

twink61
04-24-2012, 12:49 PM

I concur with that one. Much better than Starbucks or DD!

SurferStitch
04-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Hopefully they'll have Sumatra, French Roast or Italian Roast available. The darker/stronger, the better!! And when I tell them I want it black, I actually get black.

I say this because, unfortunately, there is no Starbucks on my way to work, but there are 2 DD's. So, on occasion I'll grab a BLACK coffee to go, or so I think. At least 50% of the time my black coffee comes loaded with cream. I got so irritated one morning that I gave the people working behind the counter a lesson in how to pour a black coffee.... to the applause of others in line. Oh, and this happens at BOTH of the DD's I visit. :mad:

Imagineer1981
04-24-2012, 02:17 PM
while I'm not a coffee guy, I think this is probably a welcomed addition by most people. I just kinda wish it was coffee by starbucks and not starbucks stands. I see starbucks everywhere outside of WDW, and I don't want to be reminded about my day job :(

iluvdumbo
04-24-2012, 05:17 PM
I concur with that one. Much better than Starbucks or DD!

I have to agree with my mom! Timmy Ho's is SO much better and I would love to enjoy a French Vanilla Ice Capp in Epcot or where ever it is talked about going :D

Plex
04-24-2012, 06:18 PM
I will not be looking the particular gift horse in the mouth - given just how bad the coffee at the parks typically is, I for one welcome our new caffeinated overlords!

Seriously though, the frosty beverages are certainly a great idea to have around. Disney on their own doesn't seem to get it together all that well. Bux coffee is certainly better than Nescafe, too, despite it still being bad.

big blue and hairy
04-24-2012, 07:22 PM
I have to mention, everyone says Starbucks is ridiculously expensive. True...if you buy one of the fancy drinks, hot or cold. If you're like me, and you either have your coffee black, or with a little cinnamon and splenda, it's not expensive. around $1.50 for a tall. That's about the same as McDonalds or DD.

The Phantom
04-24-2012, 11:27 PM
This is a great idea and should be expanded; why not bring more chain places into the fold?

The Mexico, Italy, China & Germany pavilions at Epcot would be better with an On The Border, Olive Garden, Panda Express & Weinerschnitzel. The theming at the resorts is a little unnecessary as well; Motel 6, Comfort Inn & Travel lodge would do just as well in place of All Star Sports, Music & Movies. Why keep Pirates of the Caribbean unique? Just get one of those generic pirate ship swing rides that you see at every single fair and amusement park the world over.

Now that I think about it, the main street emporium could function more efficiently if it was a WalMart, and since WalMart is just as popular as Starbucks, I doubt anybody would have a problem with it.

Mrs Bus Driver
04-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Nah, guests will be able to pre-order their triple shot half caf while waiting in line at Splash Mountain via the new X-Pass!!
I like this idea think I will just pre-order as soon as I walk in the park entrance.:mickey:

Wolf
04-25-2012, 10:29 AM
I read this yesterday and squealed, legitemately squealed out loud!!! I'm so excited, I don't nessicarily love starbucks but I love strong coffee and nescafe stuff is soooooo nasty!! I'm a self admitted cafeine addict and now I won't have to drink cokes every morning to get my wakeup fix!!!

PirateLover
04-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Well, definitely add me to the group that is a bit taken aback by outrage and hatred for Starbucks. I long ago resigned myself to the fact that the big overpriced chain was making its dent across America (Although, I thought they had been downsizing lately?).

While I do find it more expensive for my tastes, I don't think it tastes awful. I think it tastes like coffee. I also drink Dunkin Donuts, Wawa, and the slop they brew at my school that comes from a can that may or may not have been bought at the local $1 store... guess what... they are ALL better than NesCafe! As has been mentioned, there is plenty of other brand presence throughout the parks. Heck, it wasn't too long ago that McDonald's was selling their fries in the parks! Granted, it wasn't a whole McD's restaurant, but I'm going to trust that WDW will tie SBux in gracefully. People complain about the coffee, then they partner with the most popular national chain, and people still complain about the coffee. Sometimes you just can't win! (And for those who don't like their straight up coffee, there are plenty of other things to try, I'm sure you'll find something to beat NesCafe. I myself prefer a non fat french vanilla latte).

CAS
04-25-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm not a loyal fan but when I need a shot on the go I'll drop by a Starbucks. It's mass produced on a tremendous scale and "push button," but it's far and away better than the current Nes-****-e offerings.

I, for one, am happy to hear about this. :thumbsup:

joonyer
04-25-2012, 11:35 AM
This is a great idea and should be expanded; why not bring more chain places into the fold?

The Mexico, Italy, China & Germany pavilions at Epcot would be better with an On The Border, Olive Garden, Panda Express & Weinerschnitzel. The theming at the resorts is a little unnecessary as well; Motel 6, Comfort Inn & Travel lodge would do just as well in place of All Star Sports, Music & Movies. Why keep Pirates of the Caribbean unique? Just get one of those generic pirate ship swing rides that you see at every single fair and amusement park the world over.

Now that I think about it, the main street emporium could function more efficiently if it was a WalMart, and since WalMart is just as popular as Starbucks, I doubt anybody would have a problem with it.

Shhhhh! :secret: Don't be giving them any ideas.

Mitzie
04-25-2012, 11:44 AM
So, I notice the Disney Blog post says the Starbucks locations will fit in with the theming of the area, and will also feature Disney favorites, like sandwiches and such. So, instead of arguing over whether or not Starbucks sells decent coffee, we should be wildly speculating as the locations of these shops.
MK - I sincerely hope it does not replace Main St. Bakery. It would, however, fit nicely in Liberty Square, down in the old Nestle counter service.
EPCOT - As much as I would love to hear that Disney has partnered with Starbucks and James Cameron to convert Wonders of Life into a Starbucks themed land, I imagine the Fountian Espresso location will be taken over.
DHS - Buy the Book, I guess. There is no way they'll convert Starring Rolls....is there?
AK - ??? - Perhaps they will completely remove the Yeti from Everest, and put him behind the counter of the Anandapur Starbucks.

Toooo funny! Thanks for the chuckle...Another un-official site with an article about this mentions that the dining plan will be accepted, and the Nescafe stuff will still be aval.

Jeany031
04-25-2012, 12:49 PM
that will be awesome! that Starbucks be nice in EPCOT!

Friend of Figment
04-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Isn't it amazing that no matter what Disney does, it's "fans" always gripe. I swear they could announce that they were handing out money at the gates and people would complain that the crowds would ruin WDW.
I'm happy to hear about Starbuck's, but if I weren't, I wouldn''t imagine it being the end of WDW or a betrayal of Walt. Sheesh..

Mrs Bus Driver
04-26-2012, 07:39 AM
As a loyal starbucks lover (both black coffee and mixed drinks, I know not of this burnt flavor that everyone is complaining about) I'm all for this.

I also have never tasted the burnt coffee flavor. Do love the coffee though:mickey:

Jeniflower
04-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Oh wow such debate over coffee.
i drink mostly tea and trying to get a decent cuppa anywhere is hard enough. Trust me every tea drinkers definition of of a decent cuppa will be different.

But i'm pleased Starbucks is coming. if you like it great and if you don't you don't have to go in there. Other coffees are available.

I just no that whilst my sister is getting her grande triple shot skinny latte, i'll be having one more go on mission space

Mousemates
04-26-2012, 10:57 AM

I agree with Joonyer...shhhhh...remember that for many people the mere potential for a merging of disney and walmart would cause more distress than the Mayan calendar.

Dragongirlx
04-26-2012, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=Jeniflower;2261012
I just no that whilst my sister is getting her grande triple shot skinny latte, i'll be having one more go on mission space[/QUOTE]
and I shall be eating the blueberry muffin that you asked me to get you

TheVBs
04-26-2012, 12:52 PM
I think this is great news! Unfortunately I won't be truly celebrating until they get real coffee at the resorts too. I need good coffee BEFORE I hit the parks. I rarely have any coffee in the parks. :mickey:

dizneydeb22
04-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Isn't it amazing that no matter what Disney does, it's "fans" always gripe. I swear they could announce that they were handing out money at the gates and people would complain that the crowds would ruin WDW.
I'm happy to hear about Starbuck's, but if I weren't, I wouldn''t imagine it being the end of WDW or a betrayal of Walt. Sheesh..

:ditto::exactly:

I loved the way you put fans in ""!

Bass T-bone
04-26-2012, 01:26 PM
I too was pleased to hear that Disney had decided to put something out there better than Nescafe...

and surprised that people were still grumbling.

After all, it is a step in the right direction after all... yes?

Quadstriker
04-26-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm not a coffee drinker, but if it keeps more people in line waiting for coffee, and takes them out of the attraction lines, I'm all for it.

I'm going to give this a gigantic

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wait... wife drinks coffee... :(:(:(

Jillirose
04-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Finally!! Every trip DH and I comment on how we'd love a Starbucks on property.

:cloud9:

So excited !!

Main Street Jim
04-26-2012, 07:41 PM
What *I* was getting at, is that I don't think - or feel (*in my opinion*) - that there should be a "Starbuck's" *in* the parks. Serving that brand at the restaurants (i.e., just like Coca-Cola) is one thing; having an entire "Starbuck's Cafe'" *IN* the parks is another. *Maybe*...having a Starbuck's at Downtown Disney...ehhh...that's pushing it for me (like Ghiradelli's, McDonald's when it was there, etc.). Sure, it gives/gave people more options, but *still*... :)

Yeah, I'm a "historian"...LOL...(more like a Disney geek :blush: ). I know all about the "partnerships" with Pepsi (it's a small world),. GE (Progressland/Carousel of Progress), Frito-Lay (Country Bear Jamboree/Pecos Bill's/Mile Long Bar), and all that. But, as I said, it's one thing to just *serve* a brand at a restaurant in the parks; to me, it's totally another thing to just falt-out BUILD AN ENTIRE NON-DISNEY-BRANDED "RESTAURANT"/CAFE' *in the parks*.

...which is *why* I feel the way I do. What's next, then?

:\

DizneyFreak2002
04-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Isn't it amazing that no matter what Disney does, it's "fans" always gripe.

Are fans not allowed to state their opposition to something they don't like??? Or are fans supposed to just accept everything as practically perfect in every way because it is Disney????

Friend of Figment
04-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Of course people can disagree with Disney. I just meant that I find it amazing/amusing that people who clearly love Disney, love to complain about every little change. Folks take things very seriously.

DizneyFreak2002
04-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Of course people can disagree with Disney. I just meant that I find it amazing/amusing that people who clearly love Disney, love to complain about every little change. Folks take things very seriously.

Gotcha... I only asked because there are those who feel people should never question Disney or bring up any negatives...

Personally, I don't like Starbucks.. I think their coffee is disgusting... But people love it and I can see this going over very well... And as long as the Starbucks storefronts are themed properly, then I don't care... I'll complain is a giant Starbucks sign is hanging from a building on Main Street (which I don't think they will do....)

Wolf
04-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Do yall think they are going to put starbucks in the resorts as well? I would love to get my latte while getting ready and in transit to the park!!

BrerGnat
04-27-2012, 09:53 AM
I'll complain is a giant Starbucks sign is hanging from a building on Main Street (which I don't think they will do....)

Me too. This is what I pictured when I heard "starbucks in the parks". I had heard rumblings that there was a Starbucks going in at Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort. Since ALL of DtD over there is made up of shops and restaurants owned by third party merchants (except for ESPN Zone and World of Disney), this did not surprise me or cause me any sort of negative feelings. I pictured a full on Starbucks location smack dab in there, and it didn't bother me at all.

However, now seeing as how they will be INSIDE the parks, I suppose I expected the green storefront just sitting there in the middle of Main Street USA, and THAT would be a no no for me.

Reading how they are planning to theme them really well and make them unobtrusive, I feel okay about it. Still, I better not see the huge green Starbucks sign...I am okay with a small logo in the window or similar.

DizneyFreak2002
04-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Do yall think they are going to put starbucks in the resorts as well? I would love to get my latte while getting ready and in transit to the park!!

The press release said 6 locations... There are 6 U.S. parks.... DCA is getting the first Starbucks in June/July... I would assume only the theme parks are getting a Starbucks for now... If you are looking for resorts with Starbucks, Swan and Dolphin have a Starbucks inside it...

DizneyFreak2002
04-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Me too. This is what I pictured when I heard "starbucks in the parks". I had heard rumblings that there was a Starbucks going in at Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort. Since ALL of DtD over there is made up of shops and restaurants owned by third party merchants (except for ESPN Zone and World of Disney), this did not surprise me or cause me any sort of negative feelings. I pictured a full on Starbucks location smack dab in there, and it didn't bother me at all.

However, now seeing as how they will be INSIDE the parks, I suppose I expected the green storefront just sitting there in the middle of Main Street USA, and THAT would be a no no for me.

Reading how they are planning to theme them really well and make them unobtrusive, I feel okay about it. Still, I better not see the huge green Starbucks sign...I am okay with a small logo in the window or similar.

You know, first thing I thought about was Hmmm, DTD... I wouldn't care if they hung that ugly green sign outside a storefront in DTD... All DTD is anyway is a strip mall...

From what I read online (and no way to clarify what I read so take it for what it is worth), the DCA Starbucks will NOT have a Starbuck sign hanging in front of the building... If you look at the facades, you won't even know it will be a Starbucks... Only when you get closer will you know... Supposedly there was a huge tree in front of the storefront where Starbucks is going in DCA and Disney relocated the tree just so the front of the building can be seen which indicates to me that at least the windows will be decorated...

DizNee143
04-27-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm so excited about this! Sad ill be missing it since we leave in a week..but next time!! Woohoo..
And everyone is all worried about it being in the parks..hello people it's Disney!! They are darn good with theming things!!?!!?!!

dizneydeb22
05-01-2012, 03:08 PM

Actually this would be even better! Then they would not really have to worry about theming it appropriately. Most people who like coffee(Starbucks or otherwise), prefer it before earlier!
Either way, I think they'll handle it well!

kakn7294
05-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Do yall think they are going to put starbucks in the resorts as well? I would love to get my latte while getting ready and in transit to the park!!This is where I would have preferred to see Starbucks - at the resorts. I'd also like mine before I leave the resort in the morning but hey, I'll take what I can get! I love Starbucks but I would have also been happy with any company that serves decent coffee and coffee-based drinks. It's better than that Nescafe instant garbage and I'm sure that Disney will do a proper job on the themes.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Well, it certainly beats Nescafe:thumbsup:

Tekneek
05-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Starbucks are everywhere. It would be nice if Disney put an effort into bringing an experience that people cannot get in their local area. By all means, have a cafe, but make it one that most guests might not otherwise get a chance to experience.

To me, this is like putting a Walmart into Downtown Disney. Why put something in that is already everywhere else?

TheVBs
05-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Gevalia is actually much better coffee than Starbucks. But I'm still not complaining! If there's any chance they'll put decent coffee in the resorts so that I can have a cup before hitting the parks, I'll take it!

P.Sherman42
05-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Black tea lemonades keep me going. Great news!

Main Street Jim
05-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Starbucks are everywhere. It would be nice if Disney put an effort into bringing an experience that people cannot get in their local area. By all means, have a cafe, but make it one that most guests might not otherwise get a chance to experience.

To me, this is like putting a Walmart into Downtown Disney. Why put something in that is already everywhere else?*Thank you* :thumbsup:

I know this is the same old "tired" thing of "what Walt wanted" (or didn't want). He wanted his guests to "leave the outside world...outside" of his theme park<s>. Hasn't really been the case for quite some time, unfortunately.

It's kind of along the same lines of theme-park merchandise. Used to be that each and every store in the parks carried its own merchandise. Unique things that couldn't be found elsewhere. Now, you can find the same stuff (shirts, stuffed animals, photo albums/scrapbooking stuff, etc.) pretty much *everywhere*.

CuteAsMinnie
05-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Maybe it isn't so much as 'What would Walt do' as what would Disney guests really think if there is a Starbucks in every park (having nothing to do with whether or not you like their coffee) and a McDonalds and a Taco Bell in every park and a Wal-Mart quick stop in every park as well.

I think most folks who love Disney do so in part because you can escape the harsh reality of the world for a short period of time, but this is getting increasingly more difficult.
:mickey:

harlowandthemermaid
05-08-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm definitely excited about this, especially if they offer all of the drinks. I am an iced coffee/americano drinker and the iced coffee choices on property were definitely lacking. Plus, I don't use milk so if the coffee is bad it is really noticeable. I don't particularly like Starbuck's for hot coffee but they are generally consistent when it comes to iced coffee IMO. Plus, it's easier to customize if you want decaf or half/caf or alternative milk choices. I can't tell you how many times I was walking around the parks wishing for a decent iced coffee! Hopefully they are in place before my next trip :)

Jared
05-08-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm definitely excited about this, especially if they offer all of the drinks. I am an iced coffee/americano drinker and the iced coffee choices on property were definitely lacking. Plus, I don't use milk so if the coffee is bad it is really noticeable. I don't particularly like Starbuck's for hot coffee but they are generally consistent when it comes to iced coffee IMO. Plus, it's easier to customize if you want decaf or half/caf or alternative milk choices. I can't tell you how many times I was walking around the parks wishing for a decent iced coffee! Hopefully they are in place before my next trip :)
Maybe I've been out of the loop, but I don't remember the last time I've seen your name around these parts. Big time blast from the past! I hope you're well. :)

OneLittleSpark
05-09-2012, 06:59 PM
One of my concerns is I'd hate for something small and charming like the Writer's Stop at Disney Hollywood Studios to be eradicated and turned into a Starbucks. If they just serve their coffee inside then I don't have any major qualms I guess just don't steamroll over cool stuff that actually has Disney charm in favor or a streamlined Starbucks coffee shop.

texas211
05-10-2012, 08:19 PM
My only question is, when its 85-95 degrees outside, 80% humidity, standing in lines 45 minutes long only for the ride to breakdown or stop, along with million other people and walking like 10 miles in a day, who wants a Starbucks coffee? (and dont throw the frozen/iced drinks in my face b/c while better, still, can't imagine it).

I love my macchiatos, don't get me wrong, but, not when i've done all of the above. But i'm sure there are a number of people who will enjoy those things.

But the theme will be important. I hope they don't but the big **** store and baristas in the middle of Adventureland or Mainstreet.

Hmm, will there be a fastpass for it?

Tekneek
05-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Not that people couldn't find a way to do it before, but I wonder how many people are more likely to consume caffeine there with a Starbucks present. If they have more caffeine than they would have before, then go out on a very hot day, they will drop out. Not blaming this on Starbucks, but some people who don't understand proper hydration might be more likely to get themselves into trouble than before.

Just another thing I hope Disney has, at least, discussed with emergency services. I suspect any increase would represent a tiny percentage, but I would want somebody to bring it up in my emergency planning meetings anyway.

CuteAsMinnie
05-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Lol good point Tekneek

harlowandthemermaid
05-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Maybe I've been out of the loop, but I don't remember the last time I've seen your name around these parts. Big time blast from the past! I hope you're well. :)

I wasn't posting for a while, but I still read :) I've been thinking about WDW a lot lately and figured I'd start posting more often :)

The Phantom
05-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Why can't they simply serve the product in an existing Disney cafe/restaurant? The Main Street Bakery featuring Starbucks Coffee sounds like a good compromise to me. That way, the people who pay $6.00 for something that costs a quarter can get their daily gouging, and those who don't want to see something that is on every single street corner in America in a place that is supposed to be unique wont have to see it. Once the company realizes they can get the same (or better) sales volume out of a chain location, what would stop them from increasing such generic options?

Ive seen this at my home park already; three of four seasons ago Cedar Point put in a Subway and once they realized people were kosher with paying $12.00 for a foot long, two more Subways, a Chick-fil-A and a Panda Express followed suit. The point is, the slope from 'Magical' to 'Mundane' is far more slippery than people think.

TheRustyScupper
05-15-2012, 02:50 AM
1) Disney changes menus to give us "healthy" stuff.
2) So, we get ****** buns and yucky hot dogs.
3) Kids menus are a source of complaints.
4) So, with the healthy, now we can get 700 calorie coffees!
5) The next thing people will want is Starbucks on DDP.

big blue and hairy
05-15-2012, 08:32 AM
1) Disney changes menus to give us "healthy" stuff.
4) So, with the healthy, now we can get 700 calorie coffees!

Gotta say, if your Starbucks is 700 calories, that's on you. Me, black, or with Splenda and cinnamon, 0-10 calories.

SurferStitch
05-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Gotta say, if your Starbucks is 700 calories, that's on you. Me, black, or with Splenda and cinnamon, 0-10 calories.

Thank you!!

I drink mine black. Nothing else. It's also less than $2, so I don't know why people think Starbucks is sooooo expensive (and so unhealthy).

big blue and hairy
05-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Thank you!!

I drink mine black. Nothing else. It's also less than $2, so I don't know why people think Starbucks is sooooo expensive (and so unhealthy).

Yup, I said that earlier in this thread. Also, Starbucks has sugar free syrups and fat free milk products, along with soy, so ridiculous calorie counts are purely a choice.

Also, I'll repeat my prediction about the Starbucks locations. Everywhere you see kiosks that say Espresso and Coffee are NOT Disney run. I predict they will just transition to Starbucks kiosks. They're already in every park. Starbucks treats are better then the treats at the current kiosks, although, now we're talkin' calories again ;)

DizNee143
06-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Anymore news on this?
Going back to WDW in Sept..wondering if I'll get to enjoy some Starbucks while there..:mickey:

DunkinNut
06-06-2012, 08:28 PM
I would have MUCH preferred Dunkin Donuts....HOWEVER...any change to that GHASTLY Nescafe mess will be VERY welcomed! : )

madi47
06-08-2012, 08:04 AM
I am actually thrilled about starbucks entering the parks.....biggest reason I love coffee and am allergic to dairy! On a recent visit I stopped and asked which coffee places offered a soy creamer and guess what none!! I can't imagine I am the only one with this allergy so I look forward to starbucks because they carry soy milk to accomodate people like me:cloud9:

banditlove
06-09-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm at the skatepark as i write this with my boy, enjoying a dark roast Starbucks as he zips around the bowl. I honestly don't know what all of the fuss is about. I don't see how adding Starbucks will make DW less magical and more mundane. Most of the food at DW is pretty mundane to begin with and the existing coffee is disgusting.
Starbucks at least offers tasty coffee ( to me, anyway ;) )

If people want to drink coffee on hot days, that is their choice. Coffee is already being sold in DW. If people were getting ill from drinking it on hot days, I'm sure the existing stands would be removed or plastered with ginormous warning signs. Moreover, pop is full if caffeine and yet it's guzzled by the gallon on hot days. Nobody is making a fuss about that. Oh...and coke and sprite and dole aren't DW brands. I don't think their sale makes DW any less magical.

The expense? Not my business what folks choose to spend on. The merchandise at DW is overpriced and of poor to average quality. Just b/c it says "Disney" on the label doesn't mean it's worth the bucks. And yet we (myself included) continue to dish out thousands for it.

Calories? Again, not my business what people ear or drink. But I don't see anyone clamoring to eliminate dole whips, churros, funnel cakes , ice cream, candy apples, pop, fries, chicken nuggets,etc. What about the dining plans where you end up eating enough food for one week in one day? I say eat and drink what you want on holiday.

Starbucks will bring happiness to many people. If you don't like it, don't drink it. I think parades are boring so I don't watch. If you love them ... fantastic. I won't be chiding you about blocking walkways, etc. Having said that, I'm not deluding myself thatDW is thinking of my happiness as a guest by putting in Starbucks. It's a business decision - but come October when I'm blissfully sipping my iced dark roast with cream and one sugar, I'm not going to care.

Happy travels.

AmandaChan
06-09-2012, 08:12 PM
This might be a dumb question, but the coffee at the food courts, will that be starbucks coffee as well?

DizneyRox
06-09-2012, 08:52 PM
This might be a dumb question, but the coffee at the food courts, will that be starbucks coffee as well?
I doubt it... I don't think I've seen Starbucks served outside a Starbucks location, but I've honestly never cared to pay that much attention. Sure, they sell the coffee [beans] everywhere, but not the coffee drinks.

MargaretMessler
06-09-2012, 09:35 PM
I would have MUCH preferred Dunkin Donuts....HOWEVER...any change to that GHASTLY Nescafe mess will be VERY welcomed! : )

AMEN to that! It's horrid.

MargaretMessler
06-09-2012, 09:36 PM
I doubt it... I don't think I've seen Starbucks served outside a Starbucks location, but I've honestly never cared to pay that much attention. Sure, they sell the coffee [beans] everywhere, but not the coffee drinks.

Barnes and Noble Cafes serve Starbucks coffee, and Borders (before it closed) served Seattle's Best, which is a Starbucks product, so it can be done.

DizneyRox
06-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Well I'll be! Now I know another place I might be able to get a Frappacino in an emergency! I can't remember the last time I set foot in a book store; another victim of the Internet.

sportsguy2315
06-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Barnes and Noble Cafes serve Starbucks coffee, and Borders (before it closed) served Seattle's Best, which is a Starbucks product, so it can be done.

I think Burger King has Seattle's Best as well, and there are a TON of places that sell Tazo tea (another Starbucks product), so I wouldn`t be surprised if Starbucks becomes the resort-wide coffee brand.

big blue and hairy
06-10-2012, 01:57 PM
If people want to drink coffee on hot days, that is their choice. Coffee is already being sold in DW. If people were getting ill from drinking it on hot days, I'm sure the existing stands would be removed or plastered with ginormous warning signs. Moreover, pop is full if caffeine and yet it's guzzled by the gallon on hot days. Nobody is making a fuss about that. Oh...and coke and sprite and dole aren't DW brands. I don't think their sale makes DW any less magical.

The expense? Not my business what folks choose to spend on. The merchandise at DW is overpriced and of poor to average quality. Just b/c it says "Disney" on the label doesn't mean it's worth the bucks. And yet we (myself included) continue to dish out thousands for it.

Calories? Again, not my business what people ear or drink. But I don't see anyone clamoring to eliminate dole whips, churros, funnel cakes , ice cream, candy apples, pop, fries, chicken nuggets,etc. What about the dining plans where you end up eating enough food for one week in one day? I say eat and drink what you want on holiday.

Starbucks will bring happiness to many people. If you don't like it, don't drink it. I think parades are boring so I don't watch. If you love them ... fantastic. I won't be chiding you about blocking walkways, etc. Having said that, I'm not deluding myself thatDW is thinking of my happiness as a guest by putting in Starbucks. It's a business decision - but come October when I'm blissfully sipping my iced dark roast with cream and one sugar, I'm not going to care.

Happy travels.
Don't forget, what is the operative word in Dole Whip? DOLE! A brand! With it's own kiosk! I haven't heard any complaining about that. People need to just relax.

Mrs Bus Driver
06-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Well I'll be! Now I know another place I might be able to get a Frappacino in an emergency! I can't remember the last time I set foot in a book store; another victim of the Internet.
Just so you know Starbucks is also in Target (at least in the super targets). lol near where I live is a strip mall with a starbucks location, a super target (with starbucks) and a Barnes and Nobel (with starbucks). Coffee anyone:rotfl:

Melanie
06-16-2012, 08:36 PM
So, here's the pic Michael (NotaGeek) took earlier today from the new location IN Disney California Adventure. It's located across from the new Carthay Circle Theater, in the old location of Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream.

I think the look is very subdued and I like it. I really wasn't ever worried they wouldn't fit in well with the theming.

So what do you all think?

DizneyFreak2002
06-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Agreed... subdued... Can't even tell it is a Starbucks... That is how they all should be themed... And I imagine they will be...

BTW, I hear Buena Vista Street is gorgeous...

Mousemates
06-23-2012, 10:41 AM
So, here's the pic Michael (NotaGeek) took earlier today from the new location IN Disney California Adventure. It's located across from the new Carthay Circle Theater, in the old location of Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream.

I think the look is very subdued and I like it. I really wasn't ever worried they wouldn't fit in well with the theming.

I like it very much too...glad it is not all "logo'd" out.

Mrs Bus Driver
06-23-2012, 10:59 AM

Nice, now how about a cup of coffee. :mickey:

kakn7294
06-23-2012, 12:53 PM
I saw that pic a few days back and thought it looked great! Definitely subdued and fits right in with the theming. I can't wait for them to come to WDW!

Aurora
06-23-2012, 04:14 PM

Nooooooooooo.......

I love Starbucks coffee -- it's almost all I drink. Go ahead and serve it in the parks, and thanks! Put the little logo at the cash registers and on the coolers. Proclaim them as a sponsor.

But don't put their name on the outside of a shop. I don't care how well done the typeface is.
Think of another NAME that goes with the theming of the area, something cute and creative, and then have it be a Starbucks shop. Something whimsical, tongue-in-cheek, so people smile about the inside joke when they get inside. Think of the clever way they did the signs on the food stands on Sunset Boulevard at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

OK, I'm done. And I know that I've lost.

pixiesmimi
06-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Great! So when will they be at WDW? I will be down there on my birthday on July 3rd. I have a Starbucks GC that can only be used on my birthday but no Starbucks in MK. :)

meldan98
06-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Do they happen to have the better quality cups that Starbucks stores typically sell with Disney logos? The ones they typically leak and don't keep the drinks hot for long.

TracyL
07-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I agree with Aurora. Don't want to see the Starbucks name on the facade. I was fine with all those McDonalds that used to be in the parks, because they weren't called McDonalds and it dealt with that subset of guests who couldn't cope with unfamiliar food. Serve whatever you're going to serve inside, but keep the theming and shop names consistent with the Disney tradition. It wasn't called FedEx Mountain, and it wasn't called the Enchanted Dole Room-- even the place that sells Dole Whips isn't called the Dole Store. Keep brand names in supporting roles, please.

And I don't drink coffee, so whatever, but I HATE the burnt coffee smell of the inside of a Starbucks. So you won't see me in one of those shops no matter what it's called....

DizNee143
07-17-2012, 08:06 AM
So I guess theres no more news about this? I was kinda hoping I could get some Starbucks when I go in the middle of Sept! :mickey:

pixiesmimi
07-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Nothing there when we were there the first of July. :( Unfortunately! I was hoping for some good Starbucks while there. The coffee served at our resort was terrible!

DizNee143
08-29-2012, 08:06 AM
Any new info on this?

Wolf
09-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Does anyone know if there are any in WDW yet or will be soon?

Dsnygirl
09-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Does anyone know if there are any in WDW yet or will be soon?

Ditto'ing the question... wasn't thinking I'd be there 'til next year, but now that I'm going in October, I'd LOVE it if some of these were open!! :cloud9:

Kenny1113
09-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Ditto'ing the question... wasn't thinking I'd be there 'til next year, but now that I'm going in October, I'd LOVE it if some of these were open!! :cloud9:

Yep same here!!!! :)

pixiesmimi
09-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Nope. Nothing there yet unless they have opened it in the last 30 days. :(

bwgens
09-15-2012, 05:34 PM
I work at the Magic Kingdom and there isn't a Starbucks here yet. I was hoping they'd have something in place for the opening of New Fantasyland but no word on it so far. Actually, since the announcement there hasn't been mention of it from anyone down here.

PirateLover
09-15-2012, 06:00 PM
I LOVED the Starbucks at DCA. It is so tastefully done, and the prices weren't that bad in my opinion. Can't wait for MK to open one :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
09-15-2012, 09:25 PM
I work at the Magic Kingdom and there isn't a Starbucks here yet. I was hoping they'd have something in place for the opening of New Fantasyland but no word on it so far. Actually, since the announcement there hasn't been mention of it from anyone down here.

:( Guess I'll just have to hope for next year, then... :fingers:

Mousemates
09-19-2012, 10:54 AM
I just noticed (and found it interesting) that two of the most posted and frequently read threads on the boards here have to do with beverage choices :beer: :coffee: ....we intercotters are obviously very serious about our drinks.

:) :) :)

DizneyFreak2002
10-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Rumor has it the first Starbucks location in WDW will be in Epcot, replacing Fountainview, or becoming part of Fountainview...

Granny Jill A
10-04-2012, 01:39 PM
I would also be nice if they offered good old Folgers coffee instead of that Nescafe slop. My coffee consumption drops to zero on vacation, except for those special trips to Kona Cafe and their awesome coffee.

Kenny1113
10-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Rumor has it the first Starbucks location in WDW will be in Epcot, replacing Fountainview, or becoming part of Fountainview...

When????!!!!! :D

Aurora
10-04-2012, 04:11 PM
I just noticed (and found it interesting) that two of the most posted and frequently read threads on the boards here have to do with beverage choices :beer: :coffee: ....we intercotters are obviously very serious about our drinks.

:) :) :)

Funny! Maybe we should start a thread about refillable mugs! Oh wait... NOOOOO..... :D

sportsguy2315
10-04-2012, 05:20 PM

As a former part time Fountainview CM, I guess I have (pardon the pun) split feelings about this. I enjoyed the days I worked at Fountainview over Electric Umbrella because it gave me more time to interact with guests and it was a more laid back environment and I feel putting Starbucks in there will lose that "hidden gem" feel.

On the other hand, I like the business move: Wait two hours to see Mickey and the gang, but beforehand get the caffeine to stay awake! :mickey:

pixiesmimi
10-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Well if they are posting a spot, at least we are getting closer. :) :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
10-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Rumored Magic Kingdom location: Replacing Plaza Restaurant...

Rumored DHS location: Either Sid's or Writers Spot or Shop (is that the name of it?)... Chances are the location will be somewhere in the front of the park, so that may write off Writers Stop or Shop or whatever the place is called...

No rumor for DAK...

Melanie
10-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Rumored Magic Kingdom location: Replacing Plaza Restaurant...

WHAT??? That's surprising if true.

I actually like Sid's for a location at DHS. It's off to the side, by itself. And it's The Writer's Stop. ;) That place is too small, and being how it's connected to Sci-Fi, I don't think it would work very well.

DizneyFreak2002
10-11-2012, 07:18 PM
WHAT??? That's surprising if true.

Remember who we are talking about.. and, well... You get the idea...

The one thing that makes me think this is a dumb idea is the closeness Plaza Restaurant to the Bakery... But, well, again, who are we talking about here? :)

DizneyFreak2002
10-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Well seems like there are two locations being looked at for Starbucks in Magic Kingdom, not one... Yes, Plaza Restaurant is one... But the Main Street Bakery is the other... I think the Bakery makes much more sense than Plaza Restaurant... The question is, will the bakery just sell Starbucks coffee or will the Bakery be changed to 100% Starbucks, providing the Bakery is where Starbucks winds up...

Melanie
10-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Well seems like there are two locations being looked at for Starbucks in Magic Kingdom, not one... Yes, Plaza Restaurant is one... But the Main Street Bakery is the other... I think the Bakery makes much more sense than Plaza Restaurant... The question is, will the bakery just sell Starbucks coffee or will the Bakery be changed to 100% Starbucks, providing the Bakery is where Starbucks winds up...

Can I just say I don't like the Bakery idea. As much as I'm for Starbucks coming, not in a Disney 'institution' like the Main Street Bakery. :unsure:

How about Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station? Plenty big to support the certain crowds.

DizneyFreak2002
10-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Can I just say I don't like the Bakery idea. As much as I'm for Starbucks coming, not in a Disney 'institution' like the Main Street Bakery. :unsure:

How about Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station? Plenty big to support the certain crowds.

With the amount of empty buildings and ones that are wasted, they can surely put Starbucks in there, can't they? I mean, is Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station even open anymore?

Melanie
10-12-2012, 02:36 PM
With the amount of empty buildings and ones that are wasted, they can surely put Starbucks in there, can't they? I mean, is Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station even open anymore?

Not all the time. I think it's perfect.

DizneyFreak2002
10-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Not all the time. I think it's perfect.

I agree... I'd hate to lose the Bakery to Starbucks... I mean, if they want to sell Starbucks coffee there, then whatever... I don't like the coffee and won't buy it, but the treats sold there are delicious... If we were to lose that so Starbucks could sell their stuff, that would be a shame....

Melanie
10-12-2012, 03:12 PM
I know! My family would certainly miss the big fat cinnamon rolls. :(

Okay, hopefully this isn't going to happen and they'll choose.....Tomorrowland Terrace. :D

Quadstriker
10-12-2012, 03:27 PM
But the Main Street Bakery is the other... I think the Bakery makes much more sense than Plaza Restaurant... The question is, will the bakery just sell Starbucks coffee or will the Bakery be changed to 100% Starbucks, providing the Bakery is where Starbucks winds up...

The thought of that is repulsive.

DizneyFreak2002
10-12-2012, 04:09 PM
I know! My family would certainly miss the big fat cinnamon rolls. :(

Okay, hopefully this isn't going to happen and they'll choose.....Tomorrowland Terrace. :D

I'm with ya... hopefully it doesn't happen... Hopefully they are just looking and still deciding... And decide to place it elsewhere...

CuteAsMinnie
10-20-2012, 07:14 PM

If the Main Street Bakery gives way to Starbucks, I just may NEVER return to WDW. And I am serious! A beautiful MK icon (as is the Plaza Restaurant) be replaced by a national chain.... Now this is just ridiculous!:mad: That's it...I, and my family agrees, am done. I'm glad my kids are older (17 and 20) and we have great memories.

big blue and hairy
10-21-2012, 08:52 AM
If the Main Street Bakery gives way to Starbucks, I just may NEVER return to WDW. And I am serious! A beautiful MK icon (as is the Plaza Restaurant) be replaced by a national chain.... Now this is just ridiculous!:mad: That's it...I, and my family agrees, am done. I'm glad my kids are older (17 and 20) and we have great memories.

This is jumping the gun a little, don't you think? All of this is speculation, no one here knows where Starbucks will go or how it will be presented.

Everybody take a breath, maybe less caffeine...:coffee:

Melanie
10-21-2012, 09:34 AM
This is jumping the gun a little, don't you think? All of this is speculation, no one here knows where Starbucks will go or how it will be presented.

I have no doubt it will be presented nicely and understated, just like the one in California Adventure. I am concerned about location though. I'm all for it going into the parks, but don't want it replacing something iconic.

Jared
10-21-2012, 10:00 AM
After seeing pictures of the Starbucks at California Adventure, I have absolutely no problem with it going into the Main Street Bakery spot. It'll still be the bakery, but it will have coffee that (many) people actually enjoy. There's no reason to believe the cinnamon rolls and cookie sandwiches will go away just because they added a Starbucks coffee menu.

EDIT: If it turns out that the bakery is completely overrun by Starbucks, then I'll reevaluate my position.

DizneyFreak2002
10-21-2012, 11:08 AM

Everybody take a breath, maybe less caffeine...:coffee:

What BBH said.... These are just rumors... Fact is, even though these places are being looked at, the final decision and ultimate landing place for Starbucks has not been decided..

CuteAsMinnie
10-22-2012, 08:50 PM
That's why I started with "If"

I think (hope) Main Street Bakery is too much of a money maker for Disney to be replaced by Starbucks.

Dsnygirl
10-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Just personal opinion here, but seeing as Disney has brought other "chain items" in without making the location a "chain store", I'm thinking that even if the Main St Bakery had Starbucks there, it wouldn't necessarily become an all-out Starbucks store. I don't think ANYONE would think that would look even remotely decent on Main St. :ack: (and I LOVE Starbucks)

I'm guessing that it will be more Starbucks kiosks... which is fine by me, the more I can get my favorite latte, the better!! :blush:

TheVBs
10-25-2012, 05:27 PM
I don't think there's any reason to be concerned. It's possible for a location to serve Starbucks coffee without turning into a Starbucks. :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
11-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Well folks, it is official.. Starbucks will be replacing The Main Street Bakery... The doors will close in January and transformed into Starbucks... And no, this isn't just adding Starbucks to the Bakery.. This is removing the bakery to make it Starbucks... So, say goodbye to a Main Street favorite...

And people wonder why TDO is bashed??? This is progress??

EDIT: And as I said prior, Fountain View is also closing to become Epcot's Starbucks location... And will close in March 2013...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

Kenny1113
11-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Oh no! :(

I was excited for Starbucks at WDW, but not at this cost ! :( :( :(

TinkerbellT421
11-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Per Disney parks blog

Starbucks Locations at Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot Set to Open Next Year
posted on November 9th, 2012 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

As we announced earlier this year, six Starbucks locations are planned at Disney Parks in Florida and California. In June, the first Starbucks location opened at Disney California Adventure park in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café and is already a guest favorite.

Today, we’re excited to share that the first two Walt Disney World Resort locations will open next year, one at Magic Kingdom Park and one at Epcot.
At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.
Both locations will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Magic Kingdom Park, for example, cast members will wear a costume consistent with the early 20th century look and feel of Main Street, U.S.A. At Future World in Epcot, the new Starbucks location and cast member costumes will be designed to match the park’s futuristic theme.
The Starbucks locations at Magic Kingdom Park and Epcot will both offer the full complement of Starbucks® signature beverages, artisan breakfast sandwiches and a wide selection of baked goods, including muffins, scones and specialty treats.
More Starbucks locations are coming to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland park soon. We’ll be sure to keep you posted!

TinkerbellT421
11-09-2012, 10:08 PM
And to add my own two cents. A) I don't like Starbucks B) to replace Main Street bakery just annoys me, but I'm sure that's also because I hate Starbucks lol. So that's only my own personal two cents.

What does everyone else think?

John
11-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Don't have a problem with this at all as long as the atmosphere of the bakery is maintained and stuff other than just Starbucks goods are offered.

Love Starbucks and Dunkin alike.

I'm sure this will be well done just as it was in Cali.

Ian
11-09-2012, 10:16 PM
This may surprise some people, but (even though I personally hate Starbucks) this doesn't really bother me.

Disneyland has had 3rd party operated restaurants since they opened.

Cheshire_Girl
11-09-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm a Starbucks fan, but Main Street USA is not where it belongs...so sad. It would have been ok to add a Starbucks counter to the bakery, but replacing the bakery??? That is just disgusting.
Is there going to be a big disgusting Starbucks sign out front? How garish is that going to look on Main Street.:(

DizneyFreak2002
11-09-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm a Starbucks fan, but Main Street USA is not where it belongs...so sad. It would have been ok to add a Starbucks counter to the bakery, but replacing the bakery??? That is just disgusting.
Is there going to be a big disgusting Starbucks sign out front? How garish is that going to look on Main Street.:(

You will not see one of those ugly Starbucks signs hanging on the building... Look at the theme in DCA.. You don't even know it is a Starbucks... I'm sure the theme will be just fine...

I just think it is a bad move replacing the bakery... Sell Starbucks in the bakery but leave the bakery as is... Doesn't seem like that will be happening...

Oh and yea, I hate Starbucks coffee... :ack:

EDIT: Can someone confirm how it is in DCA??? Are the products sold there strictly Starbucks?

DisneyGiant
11-09-2012, 11:26 PM
This annoys me to no end.

I have just read on another blog (so yeah it may not be true) that only Starbucks pastries will be served in there. Not made on premises.

Have you ever had the Starbucks pastries? They are frozen then defrosted - not fresh at all.

What a bummer.

honeebee86
11-09-2012, 11:29 PM
At first I was angry over this. However, if it is done in similar style to DCA, I will be happy. DCA has a combination of Starbuck's and Disney treats. I just hope they bring some of the delicious and adorable treats from California. I tell ya, the west coast has WAY better sweet stuff than here!:mickey:

Disney Hungarian
11-09-2012, 11:42 PM
I am neither for nor against this. But, with Disney's track record?? If the Penny Arcade wasn't spared, then I don't have much hope for the Main Street Bakery. I am hoping that this will co-exist with the bakery and not terminate it.

PirateLover
11-10-2012, 12:06 AM
I think some are getting the wrong idea. I understand the irony of a Starbucks on "Main st. USA" but we've known it was coming for a while. From the moment it was announced I knew this was inevitable. It's not like they are going to gut the bakery and install your corner Starbucks. It will certainly keep a main st. USA theme and feel. The Starbucks at DCA is fantastic. It does say Starbucks on the outside but it is not glaring and it is very tasteful. The options all around are much more expansive than your typical Starbucks. I agree with honeebee, Main St Bakery was a disappointment for us this last trip after our trip to Disneyland. We had some great treats there both at Jolly Holiday and DCA Starbucks that were not to be found at Main St. Here's hoping they expand the menu and do a great job. Can't wait to order my skinny French vanilla latte.

DizneyFreak2002
11-10-2012, 12:07 AM
At first I was angry over this. However, if it is done in similar style to DCA, I will be happy. DCA has a combination of Starbuck's and Disney treats. I just hope they bring some of the delicious and adorable treats from California. I tell ya, the west coast has WAY better sweet stuff than here!:mickey:

This is what I was trying to confirm.. Jared also confirmed to me that DCA's Starbucks sells a combination of Disney treats and Starbucks pastries/sandwiches... I can't see why they wouldn't use the same model, but the press release sure doesn't make it sound like the model will be copied...

wilcat
11-10-2012, 07:48 AM
I don't drink coffee so the idea of Starbucks does not really matter to me. As others have said there are other 'name brands' located on property so getting a new one is just another step forward or a change in direction which ever your prefer. My biggest dissapointment is that the Main Street Bakery is closing. I think a lot of folks are missing that and only focusing on Starbucks. There will be no more going to the 'Bakery' first thing and getting a really great cinnamon roll. No more fruit or breakfast sandwhiches to choose from. I think this is where the real dissapointment lies. Will Disney put these items in another location? This was always a tradition for me. A great way to start my day in the Magic Kingdom, so yes I am let down that Disney is changing a great standard with maybe something less. :(

WDWgoofy
11-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Enough about the coffee-----

What will happen to all the goodies that we love from the Main St Bakery during the 6 mo closure?

Melanie
11-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Wonder if the plans were already known as the outside of the Bakery was under scrim for the majority of the year? It looks great, but like already mentioned, the change to the outside will be minimal based on DCA.

I'm going to hold off judgement until its complete, but I still wish they'd placed it at the always "looking for an identity" Tomorrowland Terrace. That's a great, tucked back location with plenty of seating. Regardless of current selection, the Bakery is always busy.

I'm fine with the Epcot location. Anything to spice up Future World.

DizneyFreak2002
11-10-2012, 10:21 AM
I don't drink coffee so the idea of Starbucks does not really matter to me. As others have said there are other 'name brands' located on property so getting a new one is just another step forward or a change in direction which ever your prefer. My biggest dissapointment is that the Main Street Bakery is closing. I think a lot of folks are missing that and only focusing on Starbucks. There will be no more going to the 'Bakery' first thing and getting a really great cinnamon roll. No more fruit or breakfast sandwhiches to choose from. I think this is where the real dissapointment lies. Will Disney put these items in another location? This was always a tradition for me. A great way to start my day in the Magic Kingdom, so yes I am let down that Disney is changing a great standard with maybe something less. :(

Talking with a friend last night and we both realized that the snacks available at the Bakery have been spread around the park and are now available in other locations... The cinnamon roll is now also available at Gaston's Tavern... A few of the other Bakery items are sold elsewhere too...

CuteAsMinnie
11-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Can't see the frozen Latte being offered anywhere, nor the iconic Tollhouse ice cream sandwich. These, I'm sure, will be gone for good.:thedolls:

CuteAsMinnie
11-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Wonder if the plans were already known as the outside of the Bakery was under scrim for the majority of the year? It looks great, but like already mentioned, the change to the outside will be minimal based on DCA.

I'm going to hold off judgement until its complete, but I still wish they'd placed it at the always "looking for an identity" Tomorrowland Terrace. That's a great, tucked back location with plenty of seating. Regardless of current selection, the Bakery is always busy.

Starbucks has always stated they are in the real estate business first and foremost. And THE prime real estate in WDW is.....

It has becoming increasing clear Disney truly does not care about it's 'guests' and I go between feeling saddened and disgusted.

Think it's time to plan a different sort of 25th Anniversary celebration....

Aurora
11-10-2012, 11:12 AM

I'm sure Starbucks had some negotiating room as to the store placement. In the real, non-WDW world, location for the stores is key. I don't think they would have been too keen about a "tucked back" location, even one in the Magic Kingdom.

Melanie
11-10-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm sure Starbucks had some negotiating room as to the store placement. In the real, non-WDW world, location for the stores is key. I don't think they would have been too keen about a "tucked back" location, even one in the Magic Kingdom.

I see what you're saying for sure, just meant that It being 'tucked away' would alleviate the certain crowds that will pour onto Main Street. But no doubt, although there is plenty of traffic that cuts through to Tomorrowland via the Tomorrowland Terrace, EVERYONE has to pass by the Bakery. I get it.

PirateLover
11-10-2012, 01:15 PM
I had a wonderful fruit salad and my husband had a delicious cinnamon bun at DCA Starbucks..... I really don't think the pastries are going anywhere. They might be a little different, who can say, but I'm sure there will still be bakery offerings. Of course I could be totally wrong but just based off DCA I think it is going to be ok.

VWL Mom
11-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Can't see the frozen Latte being offered anywhere, nor the iconic Tollhouse ice cream sandwich. These, I'm sure, will be gone for good.:thedolls:

They were serving the ice cream sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow in August.

PETE FROM NYC
11-10-2012, 05:15 PM
And to add my own two cents. A) I don't like Starbucks B) to replace Main Street bakery just annoys me, but I'm sure that's also because I hate Starbucks lol. So that's only my own personal two cents.

What does everyone else think?

I totally agree. For my taste, Starbucks coffee is water boiled with fried swamp mud. I have tried their coffee at several locations, and they all taste the same...LOUSY!!

TinkerbellT421
11-10-2012, 06:34 PM
I totally agree. For my taste, Starbucks coffee is water boiled with fried swamp mud. I have tried their coffee at several locations, and they all taste the same...LOUSY!!

Burnt mud like I like to say ;)

ElenitaB
11-10-2012, 07:18 PM
So we all pretty much despised the Nescafe coffee, and now that an alternative will soon be in place, we all hate that before it even opens. :rolleyes:

DizneyFreak2002
11-10-2012, 07:29 PM
So we all pretty much despised the Nescafe coffee, and now that an alternative will soon be in place, we all hate that before it even opens. :rolleyes:

Nope... I hated Starbucks coffee the first time I tasted that, as Tink put it, burnt mud....

Bass T-bone
11-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Nope... I hated Starbucks coffee the first time I tasted that, as Tink put it, burnt mud....

So what brand coffee do you like?
Stands to reason that Disney should go with the most popular store brand coffee.

Folgers: $419.0 million in sales. Folgers is by far the largest selling coffee brand with a market share of 21.60 percent. Maybe Folgers coffee really is the best part of waking up.

Maxwell House: $283.7 million in sales. The second largest coffee brand, with a market share of 14.62 percent, Maxwell House was first created in 1892 at a Nashville, Tennessee hotel, the Maxwell House Hotel.

Starbucks: $189.2 million in sales. Although Starbucks is the largest coffeehouse company in the world, it’s the third largest overall coffee brand in the U.S. with a 9.75 percent market share.

Since there are no Folgers stores... um, no Maxwell House store... er...

There you go...

DizneyFreak2002
11-10-2012, 09:58 PM
So what brand coffee do you like?
Stands to reason that Disney should go with the most popular store brand coffee.

Folgers: $419.0 million in sales. Folgers is by far the largest selling coffee brand with a market share of 21.60 percent. Maybe Folgers coffee really is the best part of waking up.

Maxwell House: $283.7 million in sales. The second largest coffee brand, with a market share of 14.62 percent, Maxwell House was first created in 1892 at a Nashville, Tennessee hotel, the Maxwell House Hotel.

Starbucks: $189.2 million in sales. Although Starbucks is the largest coffeehouse company in the world, it’s the third largest overall coffee brand in the U.S. with a 9.75 percent market share.

Since there are no Folgers stores... um, no Maxwell House store... er...

There you go...

Not sure what my favorite brand of coffee is has to do with Disney using Starbucks... But I guess I will play along... I said in a post or two here I am not a coffee drinker so I don't have a favorite brand... I don't drink coffee at home nor when I dine out... And the only time I ever had coffee at WDW was in Kona Cafe, and that coffee can put hair on your chest...

But, read my other posts... I have no problems with Starbucks being sold in WDW... None what so ever... I know it is popular... I just don't like the coffee itself... Selling Starbucks in WDW doesn't affect me one way or the other...

Honestly, while I also do not like the idea of losing the Bakery to Starbucks, there are more pressing issues at WDW that we need to focus our attention on and demand for a better product... The brand of coffee being sold and the location being sold at isn't one of those issues... A broken Splash Mountain, a broken yeti, effects not working on attractions... those are the issues we should complain about...

Bass T-bone
11-10-2012, 10:13 PM
A broken Splash Mountain, a broken yeti, effects not working on attractions... those are the issues we should complain about...

Indeed!

I totally concur...

BrerGnat
11-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Why can't Starbucks just run the coffee part of it and let Disney run the baked goods part of it? I wouldn't mind so much if they installed a Starbucks coffee counter inside the bakery, but the thought of losing all the goodies that WDW makes is sad.

I had a cinnamon roll at Gaston's and it was fairly bad. Very dry, hardly any icing. NOT like the ones at the Main Street bakery at all.

doodleboy
11-11-2012, 08:59 AM
I don't really see and issue with serving Starbucks in the parks in a fashion that features their coffee in an already existing location like the Main Street Bakery. It seems wrong to modify a location, theme and uniforms to cater to a corporation in a theme park that I pay admission to attend. That is a key difference here I think. If it were DTD I wouldn't be as up in arms about this. That area is free to the public and obviously set up as a name brand retail area or the Disney mall as I refer to it. Am I sad that one of my favorite spots with some of my favorite treats is going away, and now I have to hunt some of them down in other areas if what some of you say is true and they are out there somewhere? Yes. Am I upset that I will be there in May and my go to spot for a sweet late night snack is shuttered temporarily? Yes. Am I nervous about what will be there when I return in September? Who isn’t? The thing that scares me though is where this could be headed. Why not just replace all those retail locations with corporate presences unique with their own branded themes? Then when you enter MK it will have the familiarity of your local strip mall complete with all of your favorites. I can’t wait to see the Disney version of Culver’s, Subway, and maybe even B&L for the Wally fans out there. "Directive?" "To brainwash me into thinking I can't go a week without a Starbucks coffee."

TheDuckRocks
11-11-2012, 09:34 AM
1) I don't drink coffee - hate the stuff!
2) I do like the iced chai latte at Starbucks and have had very good bakery items there.
3) I fell Starbucks is way over priced but when you're used to Disney pricing anyway, Starbucks in this location the pricing won't seem so out of line to me.
4) All that said I'm pretty much furious that they are going to close the Main Street Bakery. There are certain bakery goods that only they carry and I look forward every trip to indulging myself there. Bad move Disney. Maybe they could move the bakery to the Tomorrowland Terrace area and call it The Around The Corner Bakery.

disney obsessed
11-11-2012, 10:36 AM
I am not a starbucks fan, so the coffee issue is not an issue for me. With that being said, this is wrong, wrong, wrong. I do not want a commercialized main st bakery. I also did not macdonalds on property. If they want to diversify, let them come to downtown disney. Period. There is another thread on the board about where you do not want to see disney. This is the same idea.

I am feeling rather like Charlie Brown discovering the commercialization of Christmas.

iluvdumbo
11-11-2012, 10:42 AM

:ditto: I totally agree!! Tim Hortons is so much better than Starbucks!!

readytogo2
11-11-2012, 01:18 PM
I am not a starbucks fan, so the coffee issue is not an issue for me. With that being said, this is wrong, wrong, wrong. I do not want a commercialized main st bakery. I also did not macdonalds on property. If they want to diversify, let them come to downtown disney. Period. There is another thread on the board about where you do not want to see disney. This is the same idea.

I am feeling rather like Charlie Brown discovering the commercialization of Christmas.

couldnt agree more

Melanie
11-11-2012, 03:08 PM
The commercialization of it all shouldn't surprise anyone. Regardless of whether it was a necessity or not, Walt Disney himself persued and encouraged it. Well known commercial brands have been present in Disney parks since 1955.

joonyer
11-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Maybe Starbucks should follow the lead of Coca-Cola and set up one location where they give away free samples of different coffees and then sell their product in EVERY OTHER WDW food service location. Quite frankly I don't see much difference here. Seems like most people on the Intercot boards are upset about the temporary closing of the Main St. Bakery without having any real idea about what menu items the Bakery will or will not have when it re-opens. Seems like jumping to conclusions to me.

One thing I will bet on. The Main Street Bakery's sales revenue will skyrocket when after they start selling Starbucks coffee, no matter what else is on the menu. If it didn't make a LOT of monetary sense for Disney, they wouldn't be considering this change. I, like many others, don't really care that much for Starbucks coffee, but quite frankly, anything is better than Nescafe!

wiltsan
11-13-2012, 08:43 AM
I find it interesting that much of this discussion is about the coffee and not what this will do to MK and Epcot.

I think it is complete blasphemy. Not quite like "walkin right down the middle of Main Street USA." Main Street USA was Mom and Pop shops, not chains stores with poseurs and wifi. How will that black and green logo ever fit into the scheme of things. What are they thinking? Trying to be Universal? (as one poster mentioned that is their favorite stop at Universal).

Ugh.

BrerGnat
11-13-2012, 08:55 AM
I'm not so much up in arms about the Starbucks in the parks at all. I mean, they did it over at Disneyland and DCA and the world has not ended over it. It was tastefully done and it's not in your face. You have to really look closely to even know it's a Starbucks location, so really, it's not a big deal.

I just don't get why they didn't go all in and just sign a deal with Disney to be the EXCLUSIVE coffee at Disney parks and give Nescafe the boot? I wouldn't mind that. I don't love Starbucks coffee, but I HATE Nescafe.

I just personally dislike the idea that they may get rid of what makes the Main Street Bakery the Main Street Bakery...namely, the baked goods! Hopefully, it will be like the Jolly Holiday Bakery/Cafe over at DL where they kept most of the favorites and improved on the sandwiches, at least. Those sandwiches at the Main Street Bakery look seriously :sick: to me. But, I love the cinnamon rolls, cakes, and cookies they have now at Main Street, and I hope they don't get rid of them.

BrerGnat
11-13-2012, 08:58 AM
The commercialization of it all shouldn't surprise anyone. Regardless of whether it was a necessity or not, Walt Disney himself persued and encouraged it. Well known commercial brands have been present in Disney parks since 1955.

True. Clearly, many are oblivious to the days of The Frito Kid at Disneyland. ;) Corporations have always been "in" the parks, and were actually way more conspicuous in the early days of Disneyland and WDW... It's just too bad that the old Pepsi sponsorship didn't stick. :(

wiltsan
11-13-2012, 12:31 PM
This poster hit the nail on the head:

I don't really see and issue with serving Starbucks in the parks in a fashion that features their coffee in an already existing location like the Main Street Bakery. It seems wrong to modify a location, theme and uniforms to cater to a corporation in a theme park that I pay admission to attend. That is a key difference here I think. If it were DTD I wouldn't be as up in arms about this. That area is free to the public and obviously set up as a name brand retail area or the Disney mall as I refer to it. Am I sad that one of my favorite spots with some of my favorite treats is going away, and now I have to hunt some of them down in other areas if what some of you say is true and they are out there somewhere? Yes. Am I upset that I will be there in May and my go to spot for a sweet late night snack is shuttered temporarily? Yes. Am I nervous about what will be there when I return in September? Who isn’t? The thing that scares me though is where this could be headed. Why not just replace all those retail locations with corporate presences unique with their own branded themes? Then when you enter MK it will have the familiarity of your local strip mall complete with all of your favorites. I can’t wait to see the Disney version of Culver’s, Subway, and maybe even B&L for the Wally fans out there. "Directive?" "To brainwash me into thinking I can't go a week without a Starbucks coffee."

PirateLover
11-13-2012, 12:43 PM
I just personally dislike the idea that they may get rid of what makes the Main Street Bakery the Main Street Bakery...namely, the baked goods! Hopefully, it will be like the Jolly Holiday Bakery/Cafe over at DL where they kept most of the favorites and improved on the sandwiches, at least. Those sandwiches at the Main Street Bakery look seriously :sick: to me. But, I love the cinnamon rolls, cakes, and cookies they have now at Main Street, and I hope they don't get rid of them.
See, this is what I'm assuming they WILL do, based on DCA. I don't know why they aren't being explicit about it, though, and that's what's causing everyone to panic. I would be shocked if they took away everything and it was just a Starbucks selling Starbucks goods. I'm imagining it just like DCA Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe. Granted, they won't have as much of a seating area, but maybe the redesign will make better use of the space? They had soup and sandwich options, one or two rows of your typical Starbucks offerings, and I think there were 3 rows of "Disney" goodies. If they don't do the same thing in MK they will really miss the boat.

Disney Hungarian
11-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Disney clarified their postion on the subject, by adding an update to the blog post.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/starbucks-locations-at-magic-kingdom-park-epcot-set-to-open-next-year/

"Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A."

Jeri
11-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Disney clarified their postion on the subject, by adding an update to the blog post.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/starbucks-locations-at-magic-kingdom-park-epcot-set-to-open-next-year/

"Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A."

I am glad to see someone posted this. I would have been sad to see the bakery go away, because I have never been in there. I also think Main Street needs to stay looking like Main Street.
So it would seem to me that everyones fears of the Bakery going away completely are not going to happen. It will still be Main Street Bakery, still have some of the treats, and still be basically the same.

I will say I am glad they will have a Starbucks somewhere, but being from Minnesota I would have loved if they had a Caribou Coffee. Yes, I know this isn't possible since they don't have them in the south or many places. I just perfer them over Starbucks.
I would be in heaven at Disney World drinking a Mint Condition!:cloud9:

cer
11-13-2012, 03:06 PM
The following is a response on the WDW blog to the newly released menu explanation. I just thought it was interesting and eloquent...

Aydin from ON on November 13th, 2012 at 1:00 pm...

"I appreciate that you’re all listening to the online community, and there seems to be a bit of reexplaining/spin going on here.

Bottom line: for years, we’ve all been asking for better coffee resort-wide. We know that you have an agreement with one of the lesser-quality coffee companies, which is why, save for a few locations, coffee at WDW has been universally awful. We were hoping that Disney would sign a new agreement with a better coffee purveyor, such as Starbucks. But instead of better coffee resort-wide, we get ONE location in each park, which is sure to have EPCOT Photo Spot-like lines. That’s why we’re all pretty “meh” about it.

Add to it, the fact that it’s taking over one of the most beloved spots in a park with TONS of new square footage… it just doesn’t seem like such a sweet deal anymore.

We asked and asked for better coffee. It cost us an institution."

I think Aydin makes a good point....

PopPhan
11-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Main Street Bakery to continue!

From the Disney Parks Blog:

“Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.”

Is this additional information or a change of direction? Frankly, we don’t care and Disney super fans will be glad to have Main Street Bakery and selected food items available going forward. One of my good friends was in the Magic Kingdom this weekend and the talk was overwhelming negative about the change.

The outcry from fans was almost universally negative. The few positive comments heard were “Let’s wait and see.” DisDining was among the harshest of critics, so we want to be the first to say Thank You Walt Disney World!

We think this is a major victory for the Magic Kingdom, Main Street USA, and Disney fans everywhere.

Just an FYI.....

cer
11-13-2012, 03:17 PM
I had a cinnamon roll at Gaston's and it was fairly bad. Very dry, hardly any icing. NOT like the ones at the Main Street bakery at all.

Just sayin'...

joonyer
11-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Glad to see that the Main Street Bakery will still be there AND that some better coffee will be available. Nescafe isn't even real coffee.

But (and this is a question to those who know) aren't the baked good sold at the bakery cooked at a central industrial kitchen location, and then delivered to the parks, or does the Main Street Bakery really have real ovens with pastries baked right in the store? I know the "smell" pumped out into the street is artificially created, so that's why I'm asking.

JerseyDad
11-18-2012, 09:00 PM
....if it's 'really' going to become a Starbucks ....will it come with the signature 'do-nothings' that seem to inhabit every one of their locations?

.....you know, those people that buy ONE cup of terrible coffee...and then sit in the place for about 7 hours, taking up seats, playing with their computers, and sending out vibes of smug self-importance.

Patricia
11-19-2012, 10:11 AM
:ditto: I totally agree!! Tim Hortons is so much better than Starbucks!!

I'm all for Tim Horton's in World Showcase! I can never understand how this has been missed. Tim started slingin' his coffee and doughnuts in 1964. The lines in our Tim's are usually longer than any of our Starbucks.. but they move much faster.

I'm not a Starbucks fan, I can only drink their lattes and WDW already makes a fine latte. :mickey:

Aurora
11-19-2012, 05:17 PM
....if it's 'really' going to become a Starbucks ....will it come with the signature 'do-nothings' that seem to inhabit every one of their locations?

.....you know, those people that buy ONE cup of terrible coffee...and then sit in the place for about 7 hours, taking up seats, playing with their computers, and sending out vibes of smug self-importance.

:funny: We have those in Chicago too!

John
11-20-2012, 01:54 AM
Starting to think that if Disney changed the brand of water sold at the parks that there'd be an outcry... Dasani??? I like Zepherhills! How can you drink that Poland Spring??? It's aweful. Evian is so much better. But stay away from the Aquafina. Then there'd be those who like tap water and think bottled water is un-natural.

Now bring back Horizons - that's something we can all get worked up about... anyone? anyone?

TinkerbellT421
11-20-2012, 07:31 AM
Starting to think that if Disney changed the brand of water sold at the parks that there'd be an outcry... Dasani??? I like Zepherhills! How can you drink that Poland Spring??? It's aweful. Evian is so much better. But stay away from the Aquafina. Then there'd be those who like tap water and think bottled water is un-natural.

Now bring back Horizons - that's something we can all get worked up about... anyone? anyone?

Like my dad used to say, you can please some of the people some of the time but can never please all of the people all of the time.

What's horizons? ;)

Butters
11-20-2012, 10:29 AM
I am not a fan of this but realize no amount of complaining will change this... I just plan on walking straight on by, if everyone who dislikes this does the same I'm sure Starbucks won't be there too long to support an underperforming location!

That being said I'm sure there will be long lines and Starbucks will be here to stay. :ack:

joonyer
11-20-2012, 12:05 PM

What's funny about this is that Dasani, Aquafina, etc. IS TAP water, from municipal water supplies. Yet we gladly pay out the nose for water that Coca-Cola, PepsiCo and other companies pay almost nothing for.
Starbucks is not much different. although I have to admit, if you like coffee, anything is better than Nescafe.

TheVBs
11-20-2012, 06:51 PM
There are several brands of coffee that I would vote for before Starbucks, but.....

although I have to admit, if you like coffee, anything is better than Nescafe.

YES!

PinKy
12-02-2012, 11:25 AM
So what's happening with the bakery? Is there just not going to be a bakery to buy pastries and candy and fudge? Surely we're not going to be subjected to the dry, day-old tasting pastries from Starbucks?

garthbarth1
12-04-2012, 06:01 PM
This is exactly what I was wondering?? We always go there for a chocolate chip ice cream sandwich! Will they still be serving all of these things?

DizneyFreak2002
12-04-2012, 08:12 PM
So what's happening with the bakery? Is there just not going to be a bakery to buy pastries and candy and fudge? Surely we're not going to be subjected to the dry, day-old tasting pastries from Starbucks?

This is exactly what I was wondering?? We always go there for a chocolate chip ice cream sandwich! Will they still be serving all of these things?

The bakery is going down for a much needed refurbishment.. Think, rotted wood and crumbling infrastructure... It is just part of the sprucing up of Main Street...

As for the Starbucks portion, Starbucks is only sponsoring the bakery... The name will stay Main Street bakery... As for the items, several items won't be sold there anymore but will be (and already are) available in other locations... however, a portion of the Disney treats will stay and be sold along side Starbucks pastries and treats...

For a reference, check out the Starbucks in DCA... That is how it will be (or should be) in WDW...

thejens
12-06-2012, 11:49 PM
McDonalds, Starbucks...I guess Walmart is next. I don't really need to buy a park ticket and travel to Orlando for this. :( :( :(

PinKy
12-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Thought I would add... We actually really enjoy the Nescafé coffee at the resorts. It's really mild and flavorful.

A Big Kid
12-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Thought I would add... We actually really enjoy the Nescafé coffee at the resorts. It's really mild and flavorful.

Seriously?

DizneyFreak2002
02-25-2013, 11:30 PM
We haven't had a good coffee post in a while :)... I went through the thread again and noticed we never posted concept art pictures... Then I thought, we never got any concept art pictures that I remember... Well, on another site I visit, someone posted a picture of the concept art...

For those worrying about the MSB getting a Starbucks look... I can tell you, from the picture, that is not going to be the case... In fact, the bakery pretty much looks the same, just... refreshed... A much needed refreshing... Also sounds like Disney will be hiring the CMs... They are beginning to interview internal CMs for the positions and are looking for 100 CMs for the new location...