PDA

View Full Version : Help us pick our last dinner

ANG
04-23-2012, 08:27 AM
DH and I are trying to decide on our last dinner of the trip. It must be in DD or a resort.

We have already chosen Chef Mickey's for breakfast, Ohana for dinner, and Whispering Canyon for dinner.

Out of these which would you choose for us and our two kids (ages 1 and 3)

Rainforest Cafe
Kouzzina
Grand Floridian Cafe
1900 Park Fare

Or do you recommend one that I haven't listed?:mickey:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-23-2012, 09:44 AM
If your children cannot handle loud noises - I would not recommend Rainforest Cafe. Last time we went, we watched a child between 1 and 2 completely freak out to the point of having to be removed from the restaurant when the rainforest came to 'life'.

buzznwoodysmom
04-23-2012, 09:55 AM
I voted for Grand Floridian Cafe. We think it's one of those "hidden gems" in WDW. It's a lovely place and the food and service are excellent.

Rainforest Cafe is a fun place, but very loud, and you can eat at a Rainforest Cafe in many other locations.

We did not enjoy our one dinner at 1900 Park Fair, and will likely never return to give it another try, it was that bad. I've never tried Kouzzina, so can't comment.

mydisneygirls
04-23-2012, 10:05 AM
I voted for 1900 Park Fare. I think your kids will love this more than the other places as it has Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Stepmother and Stepsisters (who are a hoot). We always go and we love it.

steamboat willy
04-23-2012, 10:35 AM
I would really really recommend RAINFOREST CAFE'. Especially if you've never been there. Great selection for food choices, items to share if you like, yummy desserts and cool drinks.
The atmosphere inside it what makes the place. Stuff goes on everywhere, animals, fish and don't forget the occasional rain shower.
We LOVE Rainforest, especially over your other choices.
ENJOY!

ANG
04-23-2012, 10:42 AM
That's a really good point about the noise level at Rainforest Cafe. Didn't think of that.

Our 3 yr is autistic and perhaps this isn't the right place for him at this age.

SBETigg
04-23-2012, 10:49 AM
I love both Kouzzina and the Grand Floridian Cafe. If your tastes are more basic, choose GFC. If you are more adventurous, go for Kouzzina. Grand Floridian Cafe is the more sedate of the two as far as atmosphere, if that helps. 1900 Park Fare might be good with slightly older kids, but I think the character hijinks will be a little lost on very little ones and the food is better at GFC. Rainforest Cafe, for me, is never a good choice. If you want to go explore the Animal Kingdom Lodge, I think Sanaa is also fantastic if you go when it's light enough to see the animals outside.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-23-2012, 10:57 AM
The other issues I have with Rainforest is that it isn't unique to Disney.

As for the other 3 - I love Greek food so I would lean towards Kouzzina. But the other 2 choices are good too. I couldn't vote as I would have to toss a coin between the three.

#1donaldfan
04-23-2012, 12:08 PM
1900 Park Fare !!! The Ugly Stepsister are INSANE !!!:thumbsup:

darthmacho
04-23-2012, 04:31 PM
I voted for GF Cafe, but wasn't aware that 1900 PF had characters. I'd probably go with that, especially if there are characters you don't see often like the step-sisters.

I take it you are staying at Grand Floridian, judging from the choices?

dizneydeb22
04-23-2012, 04:40 PM
I voted for 1900 Park Fare. What better way to end your stay than with the Stepsisters and a ride on the monorail!

ANG
04-23-2012, 08:30 PM
I voted for GF Cafe, but wasn't aware that 1900 PF had characters. I'd probably go with that, especially if there are characters you don't see often like the step-sisters.

I take it you are staying at Grand Floridian, judging from the choices?

Nope, the WL. But we have a "day off" from the parks and want to explore a new resort