PDA

View Full Version : Arrival Plan Question

shortcake311
04-22-2012, 09:39 PM
My husband and I drove from NJ to Disney last time and we are doing it again this year. This time around though we're doing a straight thru drive, so we'll be arriving about 11am/12pm. I wanted to mixed things up a bit for our arrival date and thought this was a good plan:

We're staying at Pop, so after checking in and settling...
- CS Dinner at Contempo Cafe
- Monorail "tour"
- Electrical water parade and MK fireworks from Poly beach

Since we're driving our own vehicle we were originally going to drive to Poly and park for the duration, since we're finishing our night there, but I'm afraid of that 3hr limit. So, I thought we could park at TTC and take the Monorail to Contemporary, eat our dinner there then Monorail to Poly. After the fireworks take the Monorail back to TTC to our car and back to Pop.

Does my plan make sense? Thanks for all your help in advance!! :)

tjstrike
04-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Sounds like a great way to start your vacation, just throw in time for a nap somewhere in there. :blush:

Tink#64
04-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Sounds like a great plan, very doable & good thinking on your commute! You're getting a great mix of visiting some resorts & enjoying some of the wonderful plusses that's the magic of WDW! :thumbsup:

We always like to spend arrival day enjoy some of what WDW has to offer, but we too save the parks for the following day so we're refreshed & ready!

Wishes for a magical trip! :tink:

ThanxForNoticin
04-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Sounds like a very good plan. Something to consider - after you enjoy the fireworks on the Poly beach, it might be easier to walk from there to TTC than it would be to walk all the way back to the monorail. Then again, since you talk about doing a 'monorail tour', the monorail might be something you prefer to do after the fireworks!! But it's almost as close to walk to TTC than to the Poly monorail stop.

Have a great trip!

steamboat willy
04-23-2012, 02:11 PM
:thumbsup:

Great Plan! Sounds much like ours.
Arrive at Allstar Music. Get settled in, even a dip in the pool.
Do the monorail loop around the World.
EWP and Wishes from our special place on Poly Beach.
Nighttime stroll around "Our" Resort,
Good Night!

AJ Springfield
04-23-2012, 03:35 PM
That plan is very much like what we have done in the past!! When we stayed at POR we would arrive around noon, swim , have a snack at the food court and then hop on the bus and go to MK to get on the monorail. The Electrical Water parade was a MUST! One year I thought about having a TS meal for arrival day and then did the math-- it was cheaper to go into the parks (it would be day #5 on our MYW ticket) and have CS than it was to go to a TS restaurant. I love planning for arrival day!!!

Urbss
04-23-2012, 04:36 PM
That sound like a great plan!!

shortcake311
04-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks everyone for all the help and support, I really appreciate it! :number1:

I am so super excited for this trip and feel it can't get here any sooner. :)

DonaldDuckUSA
04-24-2012, 08:48 PM
I love the idea of a Monorail Tour! DBF and I are planning a resort monorail tour where we stroll around the resort, have a snack and a drink, and enjoy the evening. Enjoy your first day!

ANG
04-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Sounds like a great way to start your vacation, just throw in time for a nap somewhere in there. :blush:

YEah don't forget to rest!