PDA

View Full Version : Best Counter Service At each park

faberj
04-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Looking for suggestions on good CS places in each park. DH and I have mainly done TS in past trips. This time we will have DS 2 with us and planning on one TS a day and one CS a day.

Thank you!!

tjstrike
04-22-2012, 08:01 PM
MK - Pecos bills

Epccot - Fish n chips - England WS

HS - ABC commisary

AK - Flame tree BBQ

spoiledraf
04-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Second the flame tree. Looking forward to hitting that one in 52 days.

faberj
04-22-2012, 08:08 PM
I just looked at the menu for Flame Tree, my DH would love it there just not sure there will be anything for DS, but that doesn't mean we can't pick him up something from somewhere else.
:mickey:

Kairi_7378
04-22-2012, 08:13 PM
MK: Columbia Harbor House or Pecos Bill
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons or pretty much anything in the World Showcase. Love the snack options here, too.
AK: Another vote for Flame Tree. Just ate here with our 3-year-old and he shared my BBQ chicken and had a side of fruit salad or yogurt, which I think I got as my dessert credit.
HS: Haven't found a "go to" place here for our family yet.

i'm grumpy
04-22-2012, 08:23 PM
AK-Pizzafari has great sandwiches.

DHS-Pizza Planet and the Backlot are probably the places we've been to the most.

ANG
04-22-2012, 08:33 PM
We like-

MK- Pinnochio Village

EP- San Angel (not sure what the CS is called)

HS- Pizza Planet

AK- Flame Tree

GAN
04-22-2012, 09:27 PM
MK - LTT
EP - Tangerine Cafe
AK - Pizzafari
DS - ABC Comm(seems better than a few years ago)

BrerSchultzy
04-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Don't have much to add, except to say that if you go to our favorite, Columbia Harbor House in MK, take your food upstairs. It's the best kept secret in WDW.

Tink#64
04-23-2012, 12:19 AM
MK - Tortuga Tavern :pirate: - tasty taco salads or Pinochio Village Haus (love sitting at a table by the window & watching IASW boats depart & waving at them!)

Epcot - WS - La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico- yummy & nicest outdoor dining location in WS - IMHO or Sommerfest in Germany - tasty franks & brats & :beer:
In FW - Electric Umbrella or Sunshine Season Food Fair are always our choices, decent & always something that pleases all of us.

DHS - ABC Commissary or any CS on Sunset Blvd - none of it anything special - but no complaints - our fav for the atmosphere is a TS - The Sci Fi DIne In Theatre - original atmosphere & we've always been pleased with our food!

AK - Flame Tree BBQ - hands down! Our very favorite CS of all the parks! YUMMY! :eat:

And you only asked for parks - but I also have to add DTD - Earl of Sandwhich is absolutely a gem! Yummy, Yummy, Yummy! :D

KatrinaJ91
04-23-2012, 10:25 AM
MK - Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons or ANY of the countries - they are all good!

DHS - Pizza Planet, Backlot Express

AK - Flametree BBQ

steamboat willy
04-23-2012, 10:46 AM
MK - Cosmic Rays - great fixn's bar

EPCOT - The Land - Sunshine Seasons - something for everyone

DS - Backlot Express - another great selection for the group

AK - Yak & Yati - crispy honey chicken

Downtown Disney - Wolfgang Pucks Express - wood burning Pizza!

Allstar Music - Food Court - salmon salad and ice cream sundae

#1donaldfan
04-23-2012, 12:03 PM
MK == Peco's Bills / Columbia Harbor House
AK == Flame Tree / Pizzafari
EC == Yorkshire Fish Shoppe / Sunshine Season
HS == Pizza Planet /

dizneydeb22
04-23-2012, 04:46 PM
MK- Cosmic Rays--for the selction, but am definately trying CHH now that I've read this post!

EPCOT- Loved Mexico, when it was the Cantina, but have yet to try La Hacienda.

HS-none really

AK-Flame tree

buzznwoodysmom
04-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Not sure I can pick ONE favorite in each park, but here are our favorites.

MK: We love Columbia Harbour House for something differet, DS loves Cosmic Ray's for the ribs, and we also like Casey's. Casey's is more for nostalgia than the food, but we still like to eat there.

Epcot: Pretty much any country's CS is good. We also like Sunshine Season in Future World.

DHS: We don't love any CS location here.

AK: Flame Tree BBQ is great, but I think our favorite is Yak and Yeti.

DTD: Wolf Gang Puck Express has some great items, and we also love Earl of Sandwich.

I know you didn't ask, but we've had great CS meals at POFQ (wonderful shrimp poboy), GF (lobster mac n cheese), and Poly (we liked a lot on their CS menu). Pepper Market at CSR used to be a good CS location, but the last time we ate there the food we ordered was barely edible. We probably won't go back.

Jared
04-23-2012, 05:55 PM
I'll give my two favorites in each park, including my favorite menu item in parentheses:

Magic Kingdom:
1. Columbia Harbour House (hummus sandwich)
2. Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (rotisserie chicken)

Epcot:
1. Tangierine Cafe (schwarma platters)
2. Sunshine Seasons (turkey on foccacia)

Hollywood Studios:
1. Studios Catering Co. (Buffalo chicken sandwich)
2. Backlot Express (vegetable sandwich)

Animal Kingdom:
1. Flame Tree (anything)
2. Yak & Yeti (honey chicken)

Tink#64
04-24-2012, 12:23 AM
MK- Cosmic Rays--for the selction, but am definately trying CHH now that I've read this post!

EPCOT- Loved Mexico, when it was the Cantina, but have yet to try La Hacienda.

HS-none really

AK-Flame tree
Mexico now has 3 options, well 4 if you count the delightful beverage cart outside! :marg: :blush:
San Angel Inn, TS, still inside the Mexico pavillion, and now the Cantina, still a CS, has reopened outside along with the new La Hacienda, which is a TS. La Hacienda takes up part of the space that was formerly the Cantina, I believe they may have actually expanded the area a bit, but the Cantina did lose alot of table space to the new La Hacienda! We saw the new TS there last year, but didn't fit it into our dining schedule, I'd like to give it a try next trip!

Kenny1113
04-24-2012, 06:48 PM
MK: Columbia harbor house or pesos bill

EPCOT: World showcase- except Italy the pizza in the window is not very good.

AK: Flame tree

DHS: as others have said, yet to find one we like.

azcavalier
04-25-2012, 12:22 PM
These are all based on atmosphere, quality of food and quantity of food.

MK: Columbia Harbour House. The best sandwich on the menu they removed about four years ago, but it's still pretty good. Definitely go upstairs to eat.

AK: Flame Tree BBQ. Hands down. Nothing else in this park compares.

Epcot: So many delicious WS choices, but to please everyone, Sunshine Seasons in The Land. TONS of food, tons of choices, and the dessert bar is obscene.

DHS: Nothing amazing. Pizza Planet is better than you would expect. There are a bunch over on Sunset Blvd. that we've never tried, though looking at the menus, I think we will!

ledudes
04-25-2012, 01:05 PM
DD Wolfgang Express is as good as a TS
MK Columbia Harbour house
Epcot most countries and downstairs near Soarin
M kids like Caseys in MK for hotdogs and cotton candy

Davy Crockett
04-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Our Fav's are:

MK - Columbia Harbour House / Cosmic Ray's

HS - Backlot Express / ABC / Starring Roll Cafe

Epcot - Yorkshire County Fish Shop / The Land Sunshine Seasons / La Cantina De San Angel

AK - Yak & Yeti (CS) / Flame Tree BBQ

30 days and counting!!!!

darthmacho
04-25-2012, 03:33 PM
The best thing about CS, is that you don't need to plan so much and can be adaptable compared to table service. Planned on eating at Cosmic Ray's but find that you're in Frontierland and hungry? Switch to Pecos Bill's instead. Too crowded? Why not go around the corner to Tortuga Tavern? Don't like tacos? There's always Pincoccho Haus...

That being said, I'm partial to the following places:

MK: Cosmic Ray's
Ep: Sunshine Seasons
DHS: ABC Commissary was actually pretty good when we tried it. Boring theme though.
AK: Haven't done much CS dining here, but the Flametree BBQ sounds good. Might do that next time.

Wolf
04-26-2012, 09:20 AM
AK-Flame Tree for breakfast!
We really liked the picnic in the park thing for lunch at AK

MK-Harbour House or Caseys

Epcot-Norway!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't say enough good things about their food! Its almost always our first meal and only repeat meal.

MGM-Pizza Planet is sooo good in my opinion.

Drat now I'm hungry...how long till lunch?

barnaby
04-26-2012, 12:28 PM
MK - Pecos Bills, basic fare but tasty

AK - Restaurantosaurus, never been to Flame Tree BBQ, so this one is kinda by default. Again, just basic foods but not bad

EP - Sunshine Season, my favorite CS in WDW. Good variety, and an excellent pork chop

DHS - Starring Rolls, not a fan of the other CS in DHS with more variety, but even though Starring Rolls has a limited menu, the items were good.

MrPeetrie
04-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Nice Post. It makes me excited for my next visit.

For me:
Magic Kingdom
Pecos Bill's

Epcot
Sunshine Seasons

Hollywood Stufios
Backlot Express

Animal Kingdom
Flame Tree Barbeque

sportsguy2315
04-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Mine are:

MK
Peco's Bills

EC
Electric Umbrella (Okay, so I am a tad biased :blush:)
Any country CS (Especially recommend the fish stand in UK as others have said.)

HS
Don't really eat much here, but I do like Studios Catering.

AK:
Tamu Tamu

LudwigVonDrake
04-29-2012, 07:10 PM
MK: Pecos Bill or Cosmic Ray's

AK: Flame Tree BBQ :tasty:

DHS: Pizza Planet isn't completely horrible :mickey:

Epcot: Electric Umbrella

Fastpasssteve
05-01-2012, 02:07 AM
Good news has arrived in the Animal Kingdom:

Friends just returned and highly recommended Tamu Tamu Refreshments in Africa. This is due to the arrival of one special menu item:

Slow Roasted Pulled Beef Sandwich - spicy beef with a mint yogurt cucumber sauce on a pita, served with fresh chips or apple slices for $8.99 -and the chips are kind of spicy!

They also have a Tandori Chicken Salad.

I can't wait to try this out!

disneynarula
05-01-2012, 08:57 AM
MK- Columbia Harbour House
Epcot- Tangerine Cafe
AK- Flame Tree BBQ
HS- Nothing (We always just get snacks)
DD- Wolfgang Puck Express (I agree that it is just as good as TS) We think it is the best CS on property

finaldynasty
05-02-2012, 11:39 AM
MK - Pecos bills

Epccot - Fish n chips - England WS

HS - ABC commisary

AK - Flame tree BBQ

I agree with all of these and would add tomorrowland terrace when it is open...

joonyer
05-02-2012, 01:10 PM
I recommend ABC Commissary at DHS. Many folks miss it. It's got a different menu and the food is tasty. It's worth a try for something other than burgers & fries

dizneydeb22
05-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Mexico now has 3 options, well 4 if you count the delightful beverage cart outside! :marg: :blush:
San Angel Inn, TS, still inside the Mexico pavillion, and now the Cantina, still a CS, has reopened outside along with the new La Hacienda, which is a TS. La Hacienda takes up part of the space that was formerly the Cantina, I believe they may have actually expanded the area a bit, but the Cantina did lose alot of table space to the new La Hacienda! We saw the new TS there last year, but didn't fit it into our dining schedule, I'd like to give it a try next trip!

Thanks for the info! It has to be a definite on our next trip. We missed it last year and my husband is still crying about it...LOL! :D

TheHD
05-02-2012, 04:28 PM
MK: Columbia Harbour House or Cosmic Rays
EP: Lotus Blossom Cafe (Shrimp Fried Rice!)
HS: Backlot Express (Sandwiches)
AK: Pizzafari (Sandwiches)

CuteAsMinnie
05-03-2012, 04:21 PM
MK: Pecos Bill or Columbian Harbor House

EPCOT: We like all the little places in France and all the carts you'll find along the World Showcase. Germany has the most amazing brats in a little place all the way in the back of the courtyard.

DHS: Starring Rolls for Sandwiches (certainly large enough to share)

AK: Flame Tree (seating is all outside) or Pizzafari (nice and cool inside)

:mickey: